Tone2 ElectraX is available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why all these negative vibes? It's an extremely cool synth.
Last edited by DrGonzo on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:Why all this negative vibes? It's an extremely cool synth.
Yeah. I must say that it is substantially different when compared to boring VST "we all sound same" synths. It is really different. I guess it's only up to: do you need it or not?

I guess something that costs a little extra buckage gets dumped on simply because it costs a little more---

No clue really :shrug:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:I guess something that costs a little extra buckage gets dumped on simply because it costs a little more---

That has nothing to do with it. Tone2 is a company who's software accesses your web connection without your permission to make sure you're not pirating their software. They give an update a different name so they don't have to do upgrade pricing. They promise features that never come even though there are dead buttons on the UI.

So, while I won't criticize the software, as a customer I'd say that as a company Tone2 is what we call in America an assh*le.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Q: What's that scraping noise?
A: That is the sound of axes being ground.

ATS wrote:
keel wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Quote wars are so useful... :roll: :help: :hihi: :hihi:
Just answering..
trimph1 wrote:So you don't buy it because you imagine him to be a grump?
I don't imagine anything. He is what he is. Anyone who has been here little longer knows his history. He simply mocking, depreciate and disdain users. Even his own customers. Try to whine something to him. His worlds biggest ego won't tolerate it. There is some reference in his answer on this thread.
trimph1 wrote:why get into it over some dev that you have had issues with?

I don't have any issues with him. I own zero tone2 products.
Man seriously, get a life and stop this childish stuff. You don't have his products and don't want them; go out and get some fresh air, enjoy yourself.
I remember When i pointed some bugs, my posts was deleted really fast.

ElectraX have buggy decay shape with strong click at the end. Those clicks will always add dirt after reverb. Check this dry Sine wave sample:
http://www.2shared.com/audio/_fnusCue/Decay.html

And looks like that:
GoldWave editor used by Markus(where this envelopes was finished) has a really small resolution.
I like the sound of this thing really and wanted to buy it, but first thing i checked was envelopes. And i was disappointed again. Other than that is the top notch product, really like it.

G2 had the same issue, but i was ignored then after reporting.
Last edited by Igro on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 10 times in total.

DELETED

Gamma-UT wrote:Q: What's that scraping noise?
A: That is the sound of axes being ground.
Lot of truth in this.

Many users who are posting here have histories of tirades against Tone2 on KVR. Note that some of them *do have* legitimate reasons to dislike Tone 2.

What I don't get is why these same people post here "I was thinking of buying ElectraX...but <tirade against Markus and Tone2>...so I decided to buy...<unnecessary plug for competitor's product>"

Really? You were considring buying from a company you've railed against in thread after thread....but (no surprise) you decided not to buy it and wanted to make sure we knew about it?

These posts are what Tone2 threads have in common with Nexus threads.

ATS wrote:Man seriously, get a life and stop this childish stuff.
What is so "childish", if i try to warn you? Once they get your money, they don't care anymore. It is really sad to see, so many accept this kinda behaviour and support it. Just close you're eyes and buy a pig in the poke.

Look, I get that some people have legit issues with Tone 2 but to drag this into every single Tone2 thread is just ridiculous after awhile... :help: :roll:

It has gotten to the point that one can almost pinpoint who said what without even once really reading the post... :? :(

Do people really need to know what happened 2.5 years ago-? :roll:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

zerocrossing wrote:Tone2 is a company who's software accesses your web connection without your permission to make sure you're not pirating their software.
But that's easily filtered out by using a firewall no? While I'm no fan of background internet connections - Tone2 is in good company. I don't know how many rules my firewall has to block all that shit. From all kinds of developers. My opinion - it's rubbish, but I'm used to it.
zerocrossing wrote:They give an update a different name so they don't have to do upgrade pricing. They promise features that never come even though there are dead buttons on the UI.
I don't know the background on this, but if it's like you say, it's definately bad behaviour, but I'm equally lethargic in this respect. I don't believe anything from anyone until I see a released version. I've been f*cked too many times by practically all the big names: Steinberg, Roland, Native Instruments, Alesis - among others.
zerocrossing wrote:So, while I won't criticize the software, as a customer I'd say that as a company Tone2 is what we call in America an assh*le.
:lol: Yeah - and some of the american media call Wikileaks for terrorists :lol: :-o

But jokes aside. When I bought ElectraX I did it because I like the sound and it will eradicate my occational lust for Nexus when I'm doing that kind of music. If there will be an ElectraX v2 - I really, really don't care. Not at this point at least.

But I do understand where you're coming from. I cannot for the life imagine myself ever handing over any of my money to Steinberg again.
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:Tone2 is a company who's software accesses your web connection without your permission to make sure you're not pirating their software.
But that's easily filtered out by using a firewall no? While I'm no fan of background internet connections - Tone2 is in good company. I don't know how many rules my firewall has to block all that shit. From all kinds of developers. My opinion - it's rubbish, but I'm used to it.
I remember testing this on OS X and Windows with Gladiator the last time this blew up - it was just after AiR released a crack. I couldn't find any evidence of it phoning home (unless you hit the button that is designed to send you to the home page).

However, there was, allegedly, a piece of code that, if it suspected that it was in a cracked version would make a connection. IIRC it was to send you to a page to encourage you to buy the software. The thread on here (which unmasked a warez user in the process) was moved to HPC, I think, and ultimately deleted. In some ways that was a shame because it was quite instructive in the level of detail devs need to get into to harden their products against cracks and yet still be able to use keyfiles or serials rather than C/R or dongles. I'm not very anti-dongle, but I applaud Tone2 and U-he among others for sticking with convenient copy-protection methods.

zerocrossing wrote:
trimph1 wrote:I guess something that costs a little extra buckage gets dumped on simply because it costs a little more---

That has nothing to do with it. Tone2 is a company who's software accesses your web connection without your permission to make sure you're not pirating their software. They give an update a different name so they don't have to do upgrade pricing. They promise features that never come even though there are dead buttons on the UI.

So, while I won't criticize the software, as a customer I'd say that as a company Tone2 is what we call in America an assh*le.
Are you feeling all right? Maybe you should even go to the doctor. :nutter:

Such a short limit on the demo and no ability to save presets so one can keep working upon restart... combined with disabled features means I really cannot try the software out. The company can make whatever choices it wants, but that is not a set of terms in which I am willing to buy. I have purchased too much software only to regret it under similar circumstances.

DELETED

Return to “Instruments”