my Akai MPD16 drum pad is useless with windows 7, no drivers for it from Akai!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

justin3am wrote:
I'm sure they would, I can't seem to find the brand for the really cheap ones. It would probably be a good idea to make sure whichever midi interface you purchase is either class compliant or has drivers for your OS, to prevent this issue from coming up again. :)
ok, thanks all, i'll purchase these, making sure they are w7 compatible, i'll come back and let you know how i get on, thanks...

the original usb connection does power it up, yes... :)

Great. I know how frustrating it can be to get a new piece of gear only to realize it won't work with your current setup. At least you've found a solution. :tu:

DELETED

michi_mak wrote:
breakmixer wrote:...
the original usb connection does power it up, yes... :)
i did use it exactly this way ( but with xp ) : midi out from mpd to midi in from soundcard ( or usb interface ) / power in from mains to usb adapter - worked very well...
i bought this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT w7 compatible.

i also got some spare midi cable's so could look into both options(next weekend),

btw everyone the mpd16 is not new to me, the windows 7 pc is new - hence the incompatibilty problem, Akai are a bit rude not updating the software....

thanks all!

Problem solved :D ,

I also own a Novation Remote Zero SL Mk II, on the back was midi in/out/thru, plugged a midi cable into the mpd16 out to Remote zero in(which has usb to the pc) and it works/configured to my Poise perfectly now, many thanks...

waisted £5.00 on a cable from ebay but nevermind,

thanks alot y'all :wink: !

I did a trick to get the Steinberg Waldorf Edition on win 7...google it its on KVR.

I was just doing housecleaning on my hard drive and saw the mpd16 drivers...installed fine... gotta find it now and test ...its buried somewhere.. Im sure it has something to do with the trick to make the waldorf edition work.

digitalbeatsyndrome wrote:I did a trick to get the Steinberg Waldorf Edition on win 7...google it its on KVR.

I was just doing housecleaning on my hard drive and saw the mpd16 drivers...installed fine... gotta find it now and test ...its buried somewhere.. Im sure it has something to do with the trick to make the waldorf edition work.
I always found on 'XP x 2 PC's' that the mpd16 drivers kept causing a BSOD, No BSOD on W7 without the mpd16 driver - just using midi...

The BSOD using the mpd16 driver was a very well known issue with lots of users experiencing it...

breakmixer wrote:
digitalbeatsyndrome wrote:I did a trick to get the Steinberg Waldorf Edition on win 7...google it its on KVR.

I always found on 'XP x 2 PC's' that the mpd16 drivers kept causing a BSOD, No BSOD on W7 without the mpd16 driver - just using midi...

The BSOD using the mpd16 driver was a very well known issue with lots of users experiencing it...
I've had it happen hotplugging.

But software is working fine on 7, have to find the damm mdp now I have buried in my closet...its all the way at the very bottom in a box. Been using a launchpad and nocturn. Thinking of getting a Padkontrol to use with Nerve, which has a Padkontrol build.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”