Cool use of apps thread

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How about a thread for cool ways to use/controlling/combinate apps?

I've just had a blast playing with this:

ThumbJam's voice input to control AniMoog by singing or whisteling.

SoundPrism to control AniMoog and Sunrizer.

SoundPrism into BeatMaker 2, and record the sequence. Even with AniMoog and Sunrizer here too.
Connected with the free FreEWI (a lightweight Midibridge).
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Insaniac wrote:How about a thread for cool ways to use/controlling/combinate apps?

I've just had a blast playing with this:

ThumbJam's voice input to control AniMoog by singing or whisteling.

SoundPrism to control AniMoog and Sunrizer.

SoundPrism into BeatMaker 2, and record the sequence. Even with AniMoog and Sunrizer here too.
Connected with the free FreEWI (a lightweight Midibridge).
Good thread idea. My favourite right now is using Lemur with Sunrizer. Just scratched the surface, tested the 'bouncing ball' template in Lemur, started one ball at a time while having MIDI learn on in Sunrizer and assigned filter freq and res and pitch amount to different balls. And using an Arp sound on 'hold' with background audio on in Sunrizer. Getting absolutely crazy sounds with the physics in Lemur. Try holding two fingers on a ball for example and see it bounce on a line between them.

Virtual MIDI with Lemur works great, "Sunrizer MIDI In" showed up as target to select in the settings. Just can't seem to assign MIDI ccs manually in sunrizer yet, which would be handy.

olja wrote: Virtual MIDI with Lemur works great, "Sunrizer MIDI In" showed up as target to select in the settings. Just can't seem to assign MIDI ccs manually in sunrizer yet, which would be handy.
Lemur is still missing background processing, but this worked for me.

Lemur: blok one of the axis, set physics off (makes it easier)
sunriser: background audio on, hit learn, touch a control
Lemur move a single ball
sunriser: touch another control
lemur: move another ball

It's easier and faster to assign the midi from another iPad,iPhone or from your pc as there is no need to switch back and forth, then sunrizer should keep that assignment.

mbncp wrote:
olja wrote: Virtual MIDI with Lemur works great, "Sunrizer MIDI In" showed up as target to select in the settings. Just can't seem to assign MIDI ccs manually in sunrizer yet, which would be handy.
Lemur is still missing background processing, but this worked for me.

Lemur: blok one of the axis, set physics off (makes it easier)
sunriser: background audio on, hit learn, touch a control
Lemur move a single ball
sunriser: touch another control
lemur: move another ball

It's easier and faster to assign the midi from another iPad,iPhone or from your pc as there is no need to switch back and forth, then sunrizer should keep that assignment.
Yes I figured out to do that too. And even better to use the "Studio Combo" template which has the same bouncing balls + a keyboard and faders and other stuff. Would be great to be able to save MIDI mappings in Sunrizer too.

olja wrote:Would be great to be able to save MIDI mappings in Sunrizer too.
Yes as there are a few different things to try.
The midi mapping is stored in the document folder so you can store/restore it over iTunes or directly with iFile if your iPad is jb.

Note that it's also possible with some simple scripting to make Lemur send different cc's for the balls or other stuff, or create a few different templates.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”