Dune or Diva and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wanted your fabulous opinions.

In car analogy, Dune is a VW and Diva is a Ferrari. Imagine you could buy them at the same price, but the Ferrari will burn 50 times more gasoline.

Diva.
It's fabulous.

I have both.. I use both, if I HAD to choose one it would be the DIVA....my biggest problem with DUNE is the archaic preset manager browser where only three banks can be easily accessed at a time...Diva doesn't have this limitation and I do prefer the fabulous sound of Diva as well..
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu May 10, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

they're both great, but very different. diva is huge, dense. dune is more 'modern', and has an arpeggiator.
like most plugins, they're different enough that you should demo them both, see what works for you.

the opinions of others is no substitute for your own experience and needs (hey, just made that up).

Diva AND Dune, at the very least the DuneCM version. I would choose Diva over Dune myself, but I think it depends a lot on what you want to do with it. Dune seems capable of much more digital sounds for example, so really, I don't think they are directly competitive. Dune is also much cheaper.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

That's a hard decision! Both are very, very nice synths! I only have Dune BE though. If I had to choose one I'd probably get Diva since it's harder to replace.

I guess the best thing you could do would be to get Diva and the current issue of the german Beat magazine since it comes with Dune BE which is essentially a full version of Dune but without the effects (I guess most of us replace onboard effects with 3rd party plugins anyway so that doesn't really make a difference) :)

You could also get Dune CM which is the same as Dune BE but with only 12 modulation slots afaik.

Cheers
Dennis
Last edited by Bronto Scorpio on Thu May 10, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What kind of music are you making ? I'd say that would really influence your decision.

fisherKing wrote:dune is more 'modern', and has an arpeggiator.
For clarification, DUNE's arpeggiator is actually a step sequencer.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Diva is primarily meant for emulating classic analog synths (Moog, JP-8 etc.), Dune is more of an alternative to the Virus, JP-8000 etc. (comprehensive Unison mode, more of a digital sound on purpose, lots of effect-heavy presets etc.). Neither is a car, nor a fruit.
Hardware: Akai MPK61, MFB-Synth II, Roland JX-8P, Virus TI Snow, KORG MS2000R, Roland SH-01
Favorite software: Sylenth1, Synth1, Messiah, ME80, OPX-Pro II, Zebra 2, Diva, Reason, Studio One V2 Pro

It also would depend a lot on your processor power, if you have an older Core2Duo you will likely get more mileage out of Dune, though you can always freeze tracks in Diva. If you have a new fast machine Diva will make that new machine shine.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

GAWDY! NOt ANOTHER DUNE Thread. There's like TWO here already. ISn't there a different forum just for Dune????

totally kidding 8)

wwjd wrote:GAWDY! NOt ANOTHER DUNE Thread. There's like TWO here already. ISn't there a different forum just for Dune????

totally kidding 8)
:lol:

wwjd wrote:GAWDY! NOt ANOTHER DUNE Thread. There's like TWO here already. ISn't there a different forum just for Dune????

totally kidding 8)
:hihi:

JimmiG wrote:Neither is a car, nor a fruit.
:)

Return to “Instruments”