Charity: What do you think

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sampleconstruct wrote:Well I did write guitar strings, didn't I?
Maybe there are some elder musicians who want to buy something to eat, because they can't survive with one guitar string?

Seriously, I want to donate to organizations that help ALL people of all ages and cultures and religions etc. For example, if you construct solar panels or a irrigation system or something else useful in poor village, then you help ALL people AND the children, too!

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Maybe there are some elder musicians who want to buy something to eat, because they can't survive with one guitar string?

Seriously, I want to donate to organizations that help ALL people of all ages and cultures and religions etc. For example, if you construct solar panels or a irrigation system or something else useful in poor village, then you help ALL people AND the children, too!
I don't think this charity campaign restricts you from giving to other charities :)
...or from starting up a campaign yourself, the world needs more people like that!
www.xlnaudio.com - makers of Addictive Drums & Addictive Keys

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Everybody in the world is saving children. If you're older, you can die without any help. There are MANY adult musicians in the world who live on the streets or are severely poor, and nobody helps them... :(
Are you calling for a "Save the elder musicians"-campaign instead then?
'save me' i'm an elder musician on a well known island and i need some Alchemistry and beyond and i bid 30€. :-o :P
Great - that saves one child or half of an old musician needing some new guitar strings or a bottle of whiskey.
And that's the prejudice that every elder musician would spend the money only to buy alcoholics or drugs or something else harmful.:(

Of course, it's good to help children, too. But there are so many charity organizations for children - collecting especially at the winter time -, that I always think why charity organizations for the elder people (and I don't mean only senile ones) are THAT rare.

I want to see some help for the whole family and for the whole community, not only for the children...that does mean help for the whole village so that they can make a better life for their own children!

If it is really in your heart, then why don't you start one?

Lars XLN Audio wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:

I don't think this charity campaign restricts you from giving to other charities :)
No, but the content of my wallet is very restricted, and I just wanted to bring to notice that there are MANY poor adult people, too, not only poor children. However, I wish much success for the campaign... :wink:

Luftrum 7 (Glass Viper) - 10$ from me

VitaminD wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Everybody in the world is saving children. If you're older, you can die without any help. There are MANY adult musicians in the world who live on the streets or are severely poor, and nobody helps them... :(
Are you calling for a "Save the elder musicians"-campaign instead then?
'save me' i'm an elder musician on a well known island and i need some Alchemistry and beyond and i bid 30€. :-o :P
Great - that saves one child or half of an old musician needing some new guitar strings or a bottle of whiskey.
And that's the prejudice that every elder musician would spend the money only to buy alcoholics or drugs or something else harmful.:(

Of course, it's good to help children, too. But there are so many charity organizations for children - collecting especially at the winter time -, that I always think why charity organizations for the elder people (and I don't mean only senile ones) are THAT rare.

I want to see some help for the whole family and for the whole community, not only for the children...that does mean help for the whole village so that they can make a better life for their own children!

Because I don't have the possibilities and I have neither money nor time to run such a charity organization. You can't travel to other countries without money, and you can't construct solar panels without money. But there are already some charity organizations which provide help for self-help...

You can feed all hungry children, and if they're grown-up they will make many other hungry children who will depend on charity organizations, too, and there will be no end of hunger in sight. You have to help the whole community to create an improved environment in which children can grow up better and can make a better - well thought - family planning.

Tricky-Loops wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: Are you calling for a "Save the elder musicians"-campaign instead then?

Because I don't have the possibilities and I have neither money nor time to run such a charity organization. You can't travel to other countries without money, and you can't construct solar panels without money. But there are already some charity organizations which provide help for self-help...

You can feed all hungry children, and if they're grown-up they will make many other hungry children who will depend on charity organizations, too, and there will be no end of hunger in sight. You have to help the whole community to create an improved environment in which children can grow up better and can make a better - well thought - family planning.
Excuses never got anyone anywhere. And you don't have to try to save the world -- You can help with your neighborhood/region if it really means much to you..

There are many charities/organizations that go into impoverished areas and teach those living there how to grow food more efficiently, proper hygiene, provide vaccinations, dig water wells, etc. Try a visit to http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... categories for a start. TONS of them if you go beyond what is on the surface/what is fed to you. :)

I missed the effort last year, but I will be participating this year. I am not sure what I am going to bid for, but I will be watching with great interest. Thank you for the thought and the effort to Luftrum and all the others who are contributing to this activity.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

VitaminD wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
VitaminD wrote:

Excuses never got anyone anywhere. And you don't have to try to save the world -- You can help with your neighborhood/region if it really means much to you..

There are many charities/organizations that go into impoverished areas and teach those living there how to grow food more efficiently, proper hygiene, provide vaccinations, dig water wells, etc. Try a visit to http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... categories for a start. TONS of them if you go beyond what is on the surface/what is fed to you. :)
There are a few independent charity organizations, but I don't believe in any navigator. Most of the charity organizations want to make the poor people dependent of some company or church or government. We need some charity organizations which work independently with the people at eye level, not overlaying them our culture like we have done at colonization time...

either get involved or dont
just dont rain on the parade :)

the charity is chosen.

vurt wrote:either get involved or dont
just dont rain on the parade :)

the charity is chosen.
I just want to bring in some broader global view. Just in case that there is as much hunger in the world in 50 years as today... Children grow up, and as soon as they're adult they're making other children, and nothing changes. Except that there will be more and more people in the world dependent on charity organizations.

Think about it, or let it flow...

All I can do is to make people think, and if they don't want to (think about it) who cares? In 100 years we are all dust in the wind and our music will be dust, too...

A good teacher chooses carefully when and how to convey a message, taking into account the setting and the learners' disposition to learn. He/she doesn't just keep banging away with the same message.

samsam wrote:A good teacher chooses carefully when and how to convey a message, taking into account the setting and the learners' disposition to learn. He/she doesn't just keep banging away with the same message.
Yes, We are giving friendly hints to please drop it and let the original purpose of this thread move on. We get you, Mr. Tricky, loud and clear, but this isn't the place for such a discussion. You are harshing the vibe, man. :hihi:

Yes, this is a thead about a specific charity..if you dont agree, go start your own thread.
Its Next to impossible for. Me to mod onan ipad, but ill clean this thead up in the morning when im back onthe computer.

bluedad wrote:Yes, this is a thead about a specific charity..if you dont agree, go start your own thread.
Its Next to impossible for. Me to mod onan ipad, but ill clean this thead up in the morning when im back onthe computer.
It's easier to clean up everything than to think about some intelligent comments. It depends on you. In 100 years nobody will know your name and nobody will know this charity. If you want the world go down, just remove every intelligent comment and what will remain of our civilizations will be cheap marketing dust... I've tried to help a descending culture, but there are better ones to come. If only 1 of 100 people is thinking about a more intelligent, efficient long-term charity, then I have achieved something more important than all these senseless chatting.

Return to “Instruments”