Korg Karma software will not install

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there... My keyboard player has a Korg Karma synth, which came with a CD - which I understand is an patch editor. I guess it allows you to graphically edit various settings within patches. He tells me he's never been able to load it, that he gets an unsupported windows version error..or something similar..he's not exactly sure. He dropped off his computer last night, but left the software disc behind (go figure).

I'm just looking for information about this s/w, and trying to find out if anyone else has used it, and did they have problems installing it...and how they worked past the issue.

Steve

Go to Karma-labs.com....they'll get your friend sorted out.
For Drakan:The Ancients Gates fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em9XUSiE7f4

gtrshop wrote:Hey there... My keyboard player has a Korg Karma synth, which came with a CD - which I understand is an patch editor. I guess it allows you to graphically edit various settings within patches. He tells me he's never been able to load it, that he gets an unsupported windows version error..or something similar..he's not exactly sure. He dropped off his computer last night, but left the software disc behind (go figure).

I'm just looking for information about this s/w, and trying to find out if anyone else has used it, and did they have problems installing it...and how they worked past the issue.

Steve
This is the official word from Karma Labs:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of October 15 2010, Karma-Lab will no longer honor or support (for new first-time registrations) the original 10-year old CD-ROM versions of KARMA MW software (v 1.0) that are still floating around and being exchanged on ebay and various other online sites. The software and installers contained on that CD are NOT Vista/Windows7 compatible, will not work on newer PCs, and have issues with XP as well. Any user attempting to register one of these copies, unused or not, will be informed that the software on that CD is no longer supported, and they need to purchase a recent copy directly from Karma-Lab. This does not apply to existing customers who have already registered the software and are re-authorizing.
Depends on what version of windows he's running, but I can confirm that I had trouble with it even on Xp. Have owned my Korg Karma since day of release, fwiw.

Would recommend updating the Karma OS, and if he is really into deep editing, get the current version of the software @ $149.00. Runs here on Xp and Win-7.

[2c]
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”