Feeding chords or single notes: most helpful features for each?

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any advice for a Cream 'noob' on most useful features depending on inputting chords or single notes?

Does the chordmem have an effect ... or a useful one anyway ... on input midi chords? I've tried it, and I'm not sure if it's really making any difference or not.

Basic questions on inputting single note. If I take a straight 1/16th rate and input a note two bars long, the pattern will play twice. For different examples, what control do I set?

1. I input a two bar note, but I want the pattern to play 4 times. So, I must set a pattern length 8 steps, correct?

2. I input one note 3/4 of a bar and a second different note 1 and 1/4 bars for a total of two bars. I want to use a 16 step sequence. One time I want the sequence to retrigger on the new note. The other time I want it to retrigger only when the 16 steps are completed. What do I change?

3. Can I change a pattern, i.e., select a different one, in the middle of another one stepping without restarting/ retriggering the steps ... so the timing continues?

Thanks.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Hi,

If chord memory is in use and many note chords are input to Cream only the first note in the note list is used.
This note is used as the base note when generating chords from the chord memory.

1. Yes
2. Pattern always resets it self when there are no notes in the note list so the first one should happen automatically. For the second one set pattern length to 16.
3. Unfortunately this isn't possible

-Arto

Kirnu wrote:Hi,

If chord memory is in use and many note chords are input to Cream only the first note in the note list is used.
This note is used as the base note when generating chords from the chord memory.

-Arto
Hey!

Very glad to see you around here. Thanks for the clarification.

However, two other thing I don't quite understand are 'note list' and 'base note.'

I think I will ask in another post about these.

Thank you.

Como

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Note list means simply played notes.

All Cream does is to rearrange this 'list' and plays them back. Simple :)

There is so many ways to rearrange the play list though.

When using chord memory note list consists of chord memory generated notes.

Base note:

You have set three notes in chord memory section. These notes are relative to the base note played and the base indicator.

Please see the manual to learn more about this.

-Arto

Kirnu wrote:Note list means simply played notes.

-Arto
OK ... so this means specific notes at specific pitches fed to Cream at any one point in time, yes?

IF I send C3 E3 G3 midi chord all notes are in the 'list' while they are fed, but if E3 and G3 are no longer being fed, then the list is now only C3?

Kirnu wrote:
When using chord memory note list consists of chord memory generated notes.

This is trickier. This doesn't mean no midi input is needed, does it?

I have the idea that the notes conform to the shown notes on the keyboard, but it makes no difference what the input midi notes are or whether it is a chord or a single note. Is that correct?

-Arto

[quote="Kirnu"
Base note:

You have set three notes in chord memory section. These notes are relative to the base note played and the base indicator.

-Arto[/quote]

Got this part ... it is simply the lowest note permitted to be output from Cream.

Thanks ...

Como

como baila wrote: OK ... so this means specific notes at specific pitches fed to Cream at any one point in time, yes?

IF I send C3 E3 G3 midi chord all notes are in the 'list' while they are fed, but if E3 and G3 are no longer being fed, then the list is now only C3?
Yes exactly.

-Arto

Kirnu wrote:
como baila wrote: OK ... so this means specific notes at specific pitches fed to Cream at any one point in time, yes?

Yes exactly.

-Arto

Thanks ... it's starting to get through this thick skull.

Como

Return to “Kirnu”