efm plugins not available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I would try EFM plugins but all links I found don't work and redirect to http://www.ele4music.com/
How can i download EFM plugins?

L'italiano wrote:(Text will be replaced by a moderator. Meffy has a PM.)
OK ... but in the meantime: www.vst4free.com/index.php?dev=EFM

Answered even before I got there with the replacement text. Well done that centre.

I'm the fastest googler in the west ... 8)

Truth. My googling netted naught but old, broken links, so I gave up and went back to programming.

there's a few on gersic..
here

Thanks, I found this old thread and some plugs are missing at vst4free and gersic: efm-2tk.zip, efm-2tkm.zip, efm-4tk2.zip, efm-8tk.zip, efm-eq-pak.zip, efm-eq15.zip, efm-eq31-96k.zip, efm-stompers2.zip, efm-trackeq.zip.
These are the ones I was most interested in. :wink:

can someone upload them?

Here is the reason why Tomg (EFM developer) has disappeared since december 2010 from KVR and from everywhere :

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=321368

My best thoughts for him and his family...

L'italiano wrote:can someone upload them?
Here they are...

https://www.hightail.com/download/OGhjZ ... WThzeHNUQw
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Jeez, I didn't know about this. I have EFM circuit boards from 1998 or so, that I haven't built yet. Does anyone know if he is OK?

Here you will find all my VSTs realized by EFM :

http://dfiles.eu/folders/HOUQN3MVZ

Beware: 60 Megabytes !

There's no account required to download on Depositfiles (an account is required only to upload), so you can go carefree.

You have just to download the file and unzip it in your VST folder. It is guarantied virusfree (I use AVAST Internet Security registered full version).

I have worked for hours to give you many details about the files included. You'll see...

Here is the content of the Readme.txt that I have written and included in the zip file:
In french under the english text.
En français sous le texte anglais.

Here you will find my VST and VSTi products created by EFM (aka TomG on KVR).

I still miss a small number which of course are therefore not in this pack.

For each product of this pack I have indicated the version number and the year of release. Of course assuming that I have these informations... but when they are indicated it is the real informations which are got by a right click on the open VST to have the little "About" menu. It is not required to remove these information from the filename, you'll notice that all works very well as is without any need to rename them.

By the way you'll notice that many of these products have never gone beyond the beta release (it is obvious for instance when the version number is less than 1.0) but they all work very well.

You will see also that many of these instruments are inspired from real hardware instruments. Some people of the community qualifies often them as "emulations" and criticize often them as bad emulation or having few faithfull to the original. First, for these EFM VSTi I prefer call them "inspired by" rather than "emulation of" because it relativize the comparison, and secondly it should be good to keep in mind that many of these products from EFM have never been provided in another state than beta versions. Anyway, when we consider that they are not real emulations but only "inspired by" and when we note that when putting this point aside they sound very good in themselves... so (for me) they are good or even sometimes very good products! And some are even excellent!

I have, besides, several real emulations (most are commercial but some are freeware) and they don't prevent me at all to appreciate the products that TomG (aka EFM) have realized.

I finish in sending in mind all my best wishes of health to Tom and all my thought of compassion to him and to his family.

BlackWinny (member of KVR, AudioFanzine, and AudioKeys)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vous trouverez ici mes VST et VSTi créés par EFM (connu sous le pseudo de TomG sur KVR).

Il m'en manque encore un petit nombre qui ne sont donc pas dans ce pack.

Pour chaque produit de ce pack j'ai indiqué le numéro de version et l'année de publication. Bien sûr dans la mesure où j'ai ces informations... mais quand elles sont indiquées ce sont les vraies informations que j'ai obtenues simplement en faisant un clic droit sur le VST ouvert pour avoir le petit menu "About". Il n'est pas nécessaire de retirer ces informations du nom des fichiers, vous constaterez que tous fonctionnent parfaitement avec les noms précis que je leur ai donnés sans aucun besoin de les renommer.

Au passage vous constaterez que nombre de ces produits n'ont jamais dépassé l'état de "version beta", c'est à dire de préversion de test (c'est évident par exemple quand le numéro de version est inférieur à 0.1) mais ils fonctionnent tous très bien (à quelques bugs près).

Vous remarquerez aussi que beaucoup de ces instruments sont inspirés de véritables synthétiseurs ayant existé. Pas mal de gens de la communauté les qualifient souvent de "émulations" et les critiquent souvent comme de mauvaises émulations ou ayant une pauvre fidélité à l'original. D'abord personnellement je préfère qualifier ces VSTi d'EFM de "inspirés de" plutôt que "émulations de" parce que cela permet de relativiser les choses, et de plus il serait bon de garder à l'esprit que beaucoup de ces produits d'EFM n'ont jamais été publiés autrement qu'à l'état de préversion de test ("beta release") c'est à dire avec un numéro de version inférieur à 1.0". De toutes façons quand on considère que ce ne sont pas de véritables émulations mais seulement des VSTs "inspirés de" et quand on note qu'en mettant de côté ce point ils ont une très belle qualité sonore par eux-mêmes, alors (pour moi) ce sont de bons voire parfois très bons produits ! Certains sont même excellents !

J'ai par ailleurs plusieurs vraies émulations (la plupart commerciales mais certaines sont des freeware) et elles ne m'empêchent pas du tout d'apprécier les produits que TomG (EFM) a réalisés.

Je termine en envoyant en pensée mes meilleurs voeux de santé à Tom et toutes mes pensées de compassion à lui et à sa famille.

BlackWinny (membre de KVR, AudioFanzine, et AudioKeys)

Sorry if i'm too late. 5 years ago BlackWinny posted link of EFM archive but it has gone. Would somebody will be so kind to send the link again! I like these plugins very much but am not able to find all i'd like to have.

Jinseng wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:06 am Sorry if i'm too late. 5 years ago BlackWinny posted link of EFM archive but it has gone. Would somebody will be so kind to send the link again! I like these plugins very much but am not able to find all i'd like to have.
Annyeonghaseyo Jinseng !
My collection that I had uploaded on DFiles is now here:
http://hsjp.eu/mao/freeware/

There were too much issues with DFiles, so I have purchased my own domain.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Thx BlackWinny again and again! Your collection and Your kindness are so genious.
Unfortunately i have no English words to express my gratitude so please imagine the best You'd like to hear.

Return to “Effects”