Difference between Kontakt 5, Kontakt 5 16 out and Kontakt 5 8 out?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all ,

What is the difference between Kontakt 5,Kontakt 5 16out and Kontakt5 8 out ?
Which is better to use in terms of output quality ?
Which one to use when using many instruments ?

Thanks

Manual 14.4 page 139.

MachineClaw wrote:Manual 14.4 page 139.
Biblical :)
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

LOL didn't mean to be so brief but it was the answer.

biblical LOL that's really funny.

There was also the other short answer ... Number of outs
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

which is better to use ?

It's all the same - depends on how many outputs you need. I use just the regular Kontakt 5.dll because it offers up to 64 outputs. Other DLLs are there for compatibility with hosts which don't support that much outputs, etc.

There's no difference in CPU usage between them, BTW.

number of outputs in the sense ?
What does that mean ?
More number of outputs means its better ?

No, it doesn't mean that it's "better". It means it has more plugin outputs. You decide if you need all of them or not.

hmm m i am sorry . but I dont get the meaning of more number of outputs ..
Can you please explain what does more number of outputs do ?
Do you mean more number of outputs from kontakt ?
What does it do ? How do I change the number of outputs ?

You need to use 32 outputs in 32 bit hosts and 64 outputs in 64 bit hosts otherwise you'll get aliasing (that's when Kontakt uses a different name) and flux capacitance (that's when it doesn't stay in time).

vignesh.vijay wrote:hmm m i am sorry . but I dont get the meaning of more number of outputs ..
It's all explained in the manual, please read it. Section 14, read it all. Everything is explained.

vignesh.vijay wrote:hmm m i am sorry . but I dont get the meaning of more number of outputs ..
While I have to reinforce RTFM, here is what it looks like here:
[I wanted to treat the insts in this multi differently. So Kontakt, as a multi-timbral/multi output instrument, provides for that. Here I am using 7-10 from a default (for an empty multi) I created which will apply to about anything I'm likely to do. These are all stereo pairs.]

EvilDragon wrote: It's all explained in the manual, please read it. Section 14, read it all. Everything is explained.
There's a manual? Did mine come with a manual? All I got were some stinking PDF files... Now I have to do HOMEWORK :clown:

tehlord wrote:You need to use 32 outputs in 32 bit hosts and 64 outputs in 64 bit hosts otherwise you'll get aliasing (that's when Kontakt uses a different name) and flux capacitance (that's when it doesn't stay in time).
lol

someone may actually believe you.

lol
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”