Roland Groovesynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was just looking at Sonar X3's comparison chart between the different packages and noticed this Roland Groovesynth included in all of them.
So I searched the interwebs and found out it's got all the original samples and waveforms of the hardware Roland synths. Needless to say
that I now want to demo it and maybe purchase it. Is it available as a plug-in or is it only included with Sonar?

Random quote from Gearslutz: "The groovesynth completely replaced my hardware MC-505. all the sounds are there, in plugin form. same drums and drum kits, etc.
so if you like that, then you'll like the groovesynth."

I saw somewhere online where you could get Cakewalk Kinetic 2, which contains Groovesynth, for £39.

zoom4u.co.uk I think it was. I've never bought from them so can't say anything about them.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Yep, it's a way to get all those beatbox samples straight from the source, if you like them. I'm quite sure it has never been sold separately, it was first included on Sonar 5, no word on Cakewalk site, if it is still being bundled with Sonar. I's quite old software. I'd say your best bet is to try find some old version version of Sonar on ebay, Cakewalk says they don't allow license transfer, but in EU it's just saying. I'm almost certain it was included in Cakewalk Project 5, which is now discontinued, but it's still pretty fun thing. Better option to look for in used stuff. However consider that Groovesynth is DXi instrument, I'm not even sure, it will work outside of Cakewalk software, there are DXi to VST wrappers, but I never had a reason to use one, on the contrary, being Sonar user I need to wrap all VST to DXi.

Thank you.

I found out myself that Groovesynth is a DXi, so of no use outside Sonar and I sincerely don't want to go through the hassle of wrapping DXi's in order to get those sounds. Having said this I will still be waiting for the day when Roland will release a Virtual Rompler VSTi.

cocoazenith wrote:I found out myself that Groovesynth is a DXi
FL Studio accepts DXi, but I havent' managed to load it there unfortunately :(

I've managed to load some other Sonar plugs into FL Studio though, like the effects and the small sfz player

Hi, cocoazenith.

I am a big fan of the mc505 which has finally died.
I was hoping to find the Rise Pad from the unit in Groovesynth but it is not there, so it is not a complete list of presets.

I will keep looking though!

So Groovesynth is in fact an emulation of the 505? I though it had predominantely synth sounds and not groovebox sounds...
I had the chance to grab an 505 one month ago for a no-brainer price but decided it's to dance oriented for me...

cocoazenith wrote:So Groovesynth is in fact an emulation of the 505? I though it had predominantely synth sounds and not groovebox sounds...
I had the chance to grab an 505 one month ago for a no-brainer price but decided it's to dance oriented for me...
"Groovesynth, which appears to be roughly equivalent to an MC303, comes equipped with 400 patches (238 Groovebox MIDI loops are also on board), and is the source of Kinetic's drum sounds. When a drum kit is selected, Groovesynth even changes colour!"

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov04/a ... inetic.htm

Return to “Instruments”