Casio CZ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VirtualCZ

EvilDragon wrote:u-he Bazille also sports PD synthesis that was happening in Casio CZ series...
Yeah, you can get some fine CZ type results...

u-he Bazille has a Casio CZ oscillator in it.

EvilDragon wrote:u-he Bazille also sports PD synthesis that was happening in Casio CZ series...
Just had a quick play with this - if you limit the feature set to CZ-type feature (eg, env 2 controllng the PD mod depth) then what you get is very CZ-ish indeed - albeit, a cleaner, more well-behaved version. The oscillator waveform behaviour doesn't sound identical to me, particularly the resonant settings which are really off, but I haven't directly compared the two.

Of course, what you don't get is the CZs multistage envelopes which are fairly critical to the CZ's sounds, and the other idiosyncracies of stuff the ring mod and chorus. Not that Bazille is intending to be a full CZ-emulation of course, just includes the similar synthesis type and waveform options.

For chorusing you can probably use an additional plugin to get close too - the CZ-1's chorus is very noisy but has a definite, slightly weird quality to it

beely wrote:
Just had a quick play with this - if you limit the feature set to CZ-type feature (eg, env 2 controllng the PD mod depth) then what you get is very CZ-ish indeed - albeit, a cleaner, more well-behaved version. The oscillator waveform behaviour doesn't sound identical to me, particularly the resonant settings which are really off, but I haven't directly compared the two.

Of course, what you don't get is the CZs multistage envelopes which are fairly critical to the CZ's sounds, and the other idiosyncracies of stuff the ring mod and chorus. Not that Bazille is intending to be a full CZ-emulation of course, just includes the similar synthesis type and waveform options.

For chorusing you can probably use an additional plugin to get close too - the CZ-1's chorus is very noisy but has a definite, slightly weird quality to it
Yeah, Bazille has no chorus effect... external would be needed. Besides that>>>

You can modulated an Osc with noise and use other methods (feedback, quantizer, etc) to obtain a less clean and less behaved output. Bazille is wonderfully flexible that way.

The CZ has 8 stage envelopes. Bazille has the basic 4 stage ADSR's, but they have the fall/rise function which makes them more like 6 stage envelopes. They are also loop-able which adds considerable flexibility. You can also add/multiply 2 envelopes to create other complex envelope shapes so in effect have more than the 4 env's. A looping env multiplied by a descending ramp for example, will fade the effect of the looping envelope down to 0. Then there are the 2 mapping generators which can function as multi-stage envelopes.

I doubt there is much you can do with the CZ envelopes that you cannot do in Bazille. Bazille is just not as ready made, but is also considerably more flexible in how you can shape and control modulation signals.

Of course you can ring mod in Bazille... any way you want.

Like you said, Bazille is not intended as an emulation...

hibrasil wrote:hopefully i can spill all the beans this week.

*cough*

:wink: :tu:

Press Release: http://eepurl.com/2SW_z

hibrasil wrote:Press Release: http://eepurl.com/2SW_z

Great news. When will this be available to purchase? We are already (more or less) in mid-September
Fernando (FMR)

a week or two :-)

F**k! :tu:

hibrasil wrote:Press Release: http://eepurl.com/2SW_z

looks good :tu:

I was wondering why a Virtual CZ had never been done, had all these synths emulating analog classics but not some of the 100% digital classics, surely digital emulating a digital is easier to do, if this sounds good I would sell my CZ-101.

Any music previews/demo's?

Check the link in Oli's signature! ;)

http://www.olilarkin.co.uk/index.php?p=virtualcz

Let's hope he didn't model the noise in the CZ-1's chorus unit... ;)
Last edited by beely on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Price ?
This looks the biz :hyper:
:tu: All is good

DrewDale wrote:Price ?
This looks the biz :hyper:
$99 / £59 according to:
http://www.loopmasters.com/articles/322 ... th-Plugin-

breakmixer wrote:I was wondering why a Virtual CZ had never been done, had all these synths emulating analog classics but not some of the 100% digital classics, surely digital emulating a digital is easier to do, if this sounds good I would sell my CZ-101.
That was *exactly* why I *did* sell my CZ-101 back in the day. "Surely it won't be long until we get an emulation..?" I thought.

Ten years on, and I finally bought a CZ-1 last year to replace it, as we still didn't have an emulation.

Until... now-ish... :tu:
Last edited by beely on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”