Recording into TX16Wx?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just tried the free version of TX16Wx and wanted to see how well the sampling works - tried 2 different ways of getting audio into it in Tracktion but neither was successful:

1) Placing it after an instrument plugin in the chain
2) Creating a rack and directly routing the audio from an instrument plugin into it.

In both cases it was apparent that the sound from the instrument plugin was not entering into TX16Wx as there was no sound (with monitoring enabled) and no indication of audio input on the meters. Is this not supported in the free version or is there more I need to do?

??

I don't think you understand how it works.

It does not record or process audio.
It accepts a midi key command and plays an audio .wav from your hard disk.

No it has a sample recorder as well - just not clear how it works.

http://www.tx16wx.com
Samples sounds from DAW input
Threshold and transport triggering
Automatic pitch detection and keyboard mapping

Well, if the host actually routes audio to it, recording in TX16Wx is as easy as pressing the "record" button. But one caveat is that many hosts don't support routing audio to instruments. I am unsure about tracktion. The only host I know 100% supports it is REAPER.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Tracktion should be able to route audio into it, at least using a rack, but it's not working for some reason.

You might look and see how it is being routed.

I know in Reaper it is kind of weird. I have to tell Reaper it is an audio track when I want to record the sample but I cant play anything with the keyboard. Then I have to tell Reaper it is a MIDI track when I want to play it with a keyboard, and then I cant record anymore. Strange, but it works.

I don't see why it doesn't work in Tracktion using racks though, it's a modular view and you can route audio directly into the plugins audio ins - there should be no need to set a track type.

Hi all,

I know this is an ancient thread, but I'm also working in Waveform (11.2) and trying to figure out how to record samples into TX16WX. Attached is a screenshot of the effects rack, showing a synth's audio output clearly routed to the sampler's input. I've also tried running a normal audio channel output to the sampler input, but no dice.

I can see the midi signal is triggering TX16WX, and it does begin/end recording (I can see a sample start/stop time)... I feel like I'm so close!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here is another image confirming that TX16WX is listening to In1. I am curious about the other options - can it listen to its own Output & FX buses?

The wave shown is an imported sample, just to confirm that the sampler is outputting sound, which it is.

dh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SOLVED!!!! I updated to the newest version 3.4.0p and this works as expected in Waveform using a rack. WOOOOT!

AAAAND now it doesn't work anymore :(. I don't think I changed anything, it just refuses to "hear" input 1 again. Did I toggle something off accidentally? Someone elsewhere said something about enabling sidechaining inside Tx16wx, but I can't find that anywhere... What a tease - I literally had this functioning perfectly (sampled some some synths) and the next day it is not cooperating...

Interestingly, if I play an imported wave sample I see it moving the VU meter for the IN channel on the Record Sampler.... is that a clue? Is there anywhere other than the Record area that exposes the IN channel for re-assignment? Also, I see I can assign inputs as Sidechain signals within the Waveform Rack, but since I just found this, I'm certain I wasnt using it during my brief success. Also, I havent found any mention of sidechaining in the sampler or manual (?).

Elcallio - Do you have any ideas on this? I can use Tracktion's plugin rack to run audio through any other vst, and I can get sound out of tx16wx. There just seems to be something blocking sound from entering the sampler's inputs (?). I've tried all the "New Sample Formats" in Settings. I've installed the 3.5.0 Beta. I am pulling my hair out, because I know it is something simple. Is there any other place inside tx16wx that affects the Input bus?

Just to reiterate - if I play an imported sample with "Input Listen" enabled, I do see VU activity. But running audio into the input bus is hitting a brick wall.

thanks a million in advance!

dh

elcallio wrote: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:10 pm Well, if the host actually routes audio to it, recording in TX16Wx is as easy as pressing the "record" button. But one caveat is that many hosts don't support routing audio to instruments. I am unsure about tracktion. The only host I know 100% supports it is REAPER.

If audio comes into the input it will be recorded if input = in1. As simple as that. If you get no input, the routing is off.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

It is strange because I have been speaking with Tracktion Support and they say the routing is correct. 2 ins are auto-exposed in the Plugin Rack, and the cables I'm plugging in definitely have audio coming through them. I guess I will just have to consider it an incompatibility, which is a shame.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”