X-Comp

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. Can somebody explain to me what X-Comp is all about? I suppose it's some kind of one-knob compressor, but what would be the settings? How does it work exactly?

Yorrrrrr wrote:Hello. Can somebody explain to me what X-Comp is all about? I suppose it's some kind of one-knob compressor, but what would be the settings?
X­Comp is multi band compressor, according to the manual. Makes me wonder if it is something like the OTT setting for Ableton's multi-band compressor.

According to Steve Duda, who made a freeware clone of OTT:
The main part of the sound is the upward compression (and the tough part to reproduce with a typical compressor) is applying (up to 36 dB but not more) of gain to a quiet (below threshold) signal. this brings up quiet detail (usually high frequencies otherwise unheard)... while also providing the typical multiband compression duty of "ironing" (consistent lows/mids/highs).
Just pure crazy guessing and speculation on my part. XComp might not be anything like OTT. I haven't tried to compare, but you could compare using the free OTT plugin.

https://www.xferrecords.com/freeware/
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Return to “Reveal Sound”