Sonic Reality libraries in ST3 - any update?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I remember there was talk of the ST2 libraries being upgraded but nothing since July, so any news?

I tried a few imports of my many SR libraries when I 1st got hold of ST3 but fell over too many import failures, so I've not really tried again since. Has anyone else been successful importing the libraries, I have so many & its just a pain trying to figure what causes the import fail?
Thanks
Don

I was thinking the same thing. Just realised I bought 4 expansion packs in July that I haven't installed. (I was just about to buy those in the sale again, but found them in my account and then on my hard drive)

Would like them to be in the correct format before installing.

I have 7 other expansion packs for ST2.
Though I don't believe I got them from esoundz.

Online ther2 is Bass Collection 2. Is that the ST3 version of Bass Collection 1? The text implies commonality.
Should I just rebuy it? whilst it is $10?

Having just bought / rebought another 6 or 7 SR libraries yesterday.. I installed them. Which works fine in ST2, then tried importing them into ST3.

At the tenth import, my computer crashed with out of memory.

ST3 now takes about 4 minutes to load and used over 6GB of RAM. A project I'm using ST3 took over four minutes to load now and using 6.6GB of Ram. I removed the ST3 instance and the RAM usage fell to 498MB.

I have opened a ticket with IKMultimedia and I'm about to backup and delete the samples out of the ST3 directory, then I will try and reopen my project.

Obviously this is not a fault with the SR Libraries themselves, more an issue with the import conversion process. So obviously, updates to ST3 would possibly solve the issue???

Grrrrr!

I recall there was some issue if you tried importing too many libraries at once, the recommendation was to reboot after every 3 or 4 libraries imported.
Talking about imports, have you checked out the forum notes about importing there are some useful "gotchas" that might save you some time on importing;
http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vie ... =12&t=8546
ST3 should "open" in a similar timeframe as the base version did previously but maybe it is rescanning libraries at startup?
Not sure why the 6.6 GB load issue, keep us informed on the ticket - good luck!

Thanks for that link, that is useful info. I've bookmarked it.

Hi had a reply from IKM

Basically they said to delete the cache files from the ST3 directory and then add a few at a time.

I deleted the cache and imported instuments and sounds. So ST3 now boots quickly.

I'll use ST2 for ST2 sounds for now.

I am going to only import, ST2 stuff when I need it, not try and convert it all.

Hopefully, SR will upgrade my sounds at some point in 2015.

Thanks for the feedback, ST2 has been off my system for a couple of years now so not an option for me. The updates are probably on their way, but there's certainly a whole bunch of 'em so no small task I guess.

If anyone has had success importing the Studiophonik Drums into ST3 I'd be really interested to know about how. I've managed to get the Bass & Guitars (minus LP) imported but the Drums imports constantly crash ST3, all suggestions considered. Thx

Any news on when the ST2 libraries will be upgraded. It has been six months since the last post here. I've been holding off importing them waiting for upgrades.

If it isn't going to happen. I'd just like to know.

I do not have any new info on this as of yet.
Allen
eSoundz Support Manager
http://www.esoundz.com
Like Us On: http://www.facebook.com/esoundzcom

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”