MIX CHALLENGE - MC19 March 2016 - Winners announced

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jorgeelalto wrote:I don't know why, but I can't download the .wav mix of G_liou. When I download it, it's a zero KB .wav file. I'll work then with the mp3 version.
I'm really sorry, i just tried with both firefox and chrome and they seem to work.
Perhaps i could upload a flac file?

Ok here's the flac version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3oJ-m ... sp=sharing

Sorry for the inconvenience

If you enter at the end of your Dropbox Links dl=1 instead of dl=0, then it should go. Then you can play right here the file, or right-click to download the file. Otherwise you have to go to the Dropbox page and click there the blue download button.

g_liou wrote:Ok here's the flac version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3oJ-m ... sp=sharing

Sorry for the inconvenience
Thanks a lot! It worked :D

So that's it. I've just finished checking the final round mixes, and there you go with the new evaluations:

Davias: Great overall. Maybe the bass is a bit overcompressed. The strings sound out of tune too much.

G_Liou: The delay in the piano is great. Very good overall sound.

Gamma-ut: Maybe the bitcrush in the clap is too much, a bit less would have been perfect. That old sound :hyper: . The kick and some FX sounds are too loud.

Kolyev: Sounds great, but not very creative neither old-sounding.

mwaudioprod: The drums are very good. The arp delay and the bitcrushed snare in the slow part rock, but the bass and the general feel is too similar to my mix.

Photonic: it sounds very good and kinda old, I love it. The FX processing are amazing.

VasDim: It sounds too modern, like a HiFi: just bass and treble. Also, too much bass. Great overall volumes and balance.

And the winners are:

1st -> Photonic
2nd ->G_Liou
3rd -> Gamma-ut

Congratulations for your mixes and thanks a lot all of you for participating! Believe me, choosing the mixes to pass to the second and final evaluation has been hard, all of them were good enough to make me doubt.

Thanks to Jorgeelalto for the evaluation of Mix Round 2.

You know the drill by now... please select something from the available pol, then mention in here what you picked and then get in touch with satYatunes.

Thanks for participating - see you in the next Mix Challenge
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Oh, wow - that's great! :party:

Thank you very much, Jorgeelalto :D
I am so happy that I did not make the second version worse. Normaly in my own music I do not need so much filter automation and all that stuff. But thats why I am here in this mixing contest, to learn new techniques and tools.

Congratulation to G_Liou and Gamma-ut for reaching top places! :clap:
For the prize, I will forward to G_Liou. I allready have everything from the pool which I can use. So, full pool for you G_Liou!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

So...I've been creative but my mix is not creative...very well :D

Anyways, congratulations to photonic, G_Liou and Gamma-ut. Nice job :tu: :party:

Congrats to Photonic ^^

And also G_Liou and Gamma-ut :) well done guys.

Thanks for the review Jorgeaalto,

About my mix I agree about the bass ^^ The saturation I put was making an ugly tail, and I quick fixed with gate, but I should have reordered my plugs order :) I should be less lazy :D

About the strings I understand that I always had a problem with tuning, seems I don't hear it too much (comparing to rhythm "errors" I can only hear that when it happens :P ). I would have just lowered the wow/flutter knob if I had knew...

Happy to have reached the final anyway ;)

Congrats to the winners and thanks for the review Jorgeaalto!

Wow thanks a lot Jorgeelalto! It feels great to know I can deliver a decent mix.
Congrats to Photonic and Gamma-ut!! Your mixes were great! :tu:

As for the prize I'll choose the Two Notes Torpedo Wall of Sound III.
You're next Gamma-ut!!

Blimey. Thanks for the third place. That's great.

I really must get the mix notes together for this – and remember what I did with that snare. I think some alterations to the mix compression may have brought the kick out too far.

Can I go for the Acon Verberate? Ta.

Congratulations to all winners and participants.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Return to “Production Techniques”