Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

topaz wrote:I will take that as a double NO then :ud:
topaz wrote:Not read the whole thread but is there plan to add analog style 16x step
Sequencer ?

Can this be run full screen ?
no full screen mode to my knowledge but 1 (horizontal rack space view) x 12 (modules) & 2 x 12 extra large window options.
navigation using zooming and zoom reset option also quite useful.

JerGoertz wrote::hyper: Seems pretty sweet, bouncing up and down impatiently waiting for the PC version
Is one planned?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
JerGoertz wrote::hyper: Seems pretty sweet, bouncing up and down impatiently waiting for the PC version
Is one planned?
Possibly next year.
A well-behaved signature.

Fullscreen - does any AU allow this? I checked UVI Falcon, Reaktor , U-HE and none of these seems to allow it, is it host dependent?
A 3 row option might be nice for big or dual monitors

VST: I tested P900 with Bidule with success.
This means you can load Bidule in a VST only host, and then use it to host P900, to say have P900 working with Bitwig/Cubase.
ok, not as nice as native, but its a stop-gap/workaround.
Same trick also works for hosts P900 is not showing up in (e.g. Max/MSP)

one oddity... P900 shows up in Bidule's VST/AU , but not in standalone. an issue with my setup, works fine.

really enjoying P900 :)
Last edited by thetechnobear on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thetechnobear wrote:
one oddity... P900 shows up in Bidule's VST/AU , but not in standalone.
Shows for me, are you sure you're running the standalone in x64?

aMUSEd wrote:
thetechnobear wrote:
one oddity... P900 shows up in Bidule's VST/AU , but not in standalone.
Shows for me, are you sure you're running the standalone in x64?
yeah, I had switched it....
thanks for the post though, as i took another look, and Ive now worked out its an oddity with MAC OSX, if I launch it from the application menus, its launching Bidule as 32bit, but if I open directly in Finder window, it opens in 64 bit, and then correctly finds P900. I'll reboot, perhaps its Finder caching it for the menus. ( I had only just switched it to 64bit for P900)

EDIT: yeah, rebooting fixed, so must have been a cache (I rarely reboot my mac :) )

JerGoertz wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
Is one planned?
Possibly next year.
Well, I can speak for myself and say that I'd definitely buy something like this. I'm a sucker for a good software modular especially if they get audio rate modulation stuff right.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

how can i renew my trial licence?

dave

Here's a bit of fun. I spent some time setting up a P900 patch that gets really close to a favourite preset on my Jupiter 8. Slow PWM.

https://soundcloud.com/stereog/pulsar-9 ... -jupiter-8
Last edited by pulsarmodular on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave dove wrote:how can i renew my trial licence?

dave
PM sent.

thetechnobear wrote:Fullscreen - does any AU allow this? I checked UVI Falcon, Reaktor , U-HE and none of these seems to allow it, is it host dependent?
A 3 row option might be nice for big or dual monitors...
FabFilter Pro-Q 2 allows this. Not a synth, of course...
(i.e. As AU within Logic X)

nordickvr wrote:
thetechnobear wrote:Fullscreen - does any AU allow this? I checked UVI Falcon, Reaktor , U-HE and none of these seems to allow it, is it host dependent?
A 3 row option might be nice for big or dual monitors...
FabFilter Pro-Q 2 allows this. Not a synth, of course...
(i.e. As AU within Logic X)
is it a 'proper' full screen mode, i.e. in OS X, it occupies a new workspace? or is it just sized to fill the screen?
( I thought AU/VSTs were given the the 'window' to draw on by the host, so are limited to what they can do - in particular suggest size.)

Id love a full screen workspace (as I use a single monitor) as its easy to flip between workspaces,
Daws Ive tried (Live and Logic) don't seem to like moving windows to a different workspace.
thats said, I can achieve this using Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEP5) but unfortunately P900 crashes VEP, as soon as the plugin is added :(

pulsarmodular wrote:Here's a bit of fun. I spent some time setting up a P900 patch that gets really close to a favourite preset on my Jupiter 8. Slow PWM.

That's really good - The *only* difference I can tell between the two is the JP8 sounds like it has a slight flange sound on the decay (There's a slight falling then rising harmonic most noticable at 0:28 - 0:30, compared to the note just decaying on the P900 at 0:20 - 0:22)

topaz wrote:
Not read the whole thread but is there plan to add analog style 16x Step Sequencer ?

No need for a Step Sequencer, if you use Numerology 4!

Read here: http://five12.net/showthread.php?t=3292

A Classic Modular Synthesizer in a Modular Sequencer Environment says it all

pulsarmodular wrote:Here's a bit of fun. I spent some time setting up a P900 patch that gets really close to a favourite preset on my Jupiter 8. Slow PWM.

This sounds amazing. Should be posted on gearslutz (?)
Last edited by soma1985 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”