SOLVED: Beware New iLok (HD?) Authorised Software Installations

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This problem now appears to have been solved by PACE. Please see the bottom of page 9 onwards.

---

Sorry to shout with the capitals but Title capitalisation removed by the OP at the request of a member.

There appears to be a major iLok problem in progress.

Yesterday I installed a demo of Zynaptiq's new Adaptiverb. It installed updated iLok software. Adaptiverb works fine but every other piece of iLok software on my box has now failed.

Others have reported the same in the Adaptiverb thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=468167&p=6535047&hi ... k#p6535047

And in the Falcon thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=449200&p=6534489&hi ... k#p6534489

Edit: And in the Morph thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=433433&p=6535176#p6535176

The problem has been reported on both Windows and OS X. Some software reports that it could not be loaded, some fails with the cryptic error message: "Relation query was attempted when disallowed".

Zynaptiq contacted iLok who advised reinstalling, rebooting, deactivating and reactivating. On my box about half the software reported a deactivation problem but nevertheless appeared to deactivate and reactivate. It still does not work.

The other half deactivated and reactivated successfully.

The problem appears on a new installation so until we hear otherwise beware of installing any new iLok authorised software.

EDIT (1): From reports so far this appears to be affecting only HD authorisations.

EDIT (2): The problem occurs when installing new software but also when reinstalling or updating software. Anything that makes a call to the iLok license manager it would appear.

EDIT (3): The same problem reported in the Adaptiverb thread on GS with a hardware dongle (amidst otherwise problem free dongle usage reported here and there).

EDIT (4): Multiple reports of problems with Air plugins on their forum since last Thursday:
http://community.airmusictech.com/airmu ... leton-live.
Last edited by lnikj on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:15 am, edited 6 times in total.

got my laptop sorted out but my desktop is a mess. all my activations vanished after trying to deactivate and then reactivate them. the licenses say they are activated but the computer has 0 activations on it according to the licenser software.

i tried everything except deleting then reinstalling my plug ins. i was given a terminal script form zynaptiq that came to them from iLok and also a different version of the iLok licenser app and a troubleshooting process to go through and some files/logs to send them after going through the process.

so, after doing that hopefully they have some information to work with to figure out what the problem is.

perhaps i'll try uninstalling/reinstalling the plug ins i have that use ilok but i'm not too excited about that. i'll try tomorrow though if no other solution comes my way from iLok.

i dumped my mini rant about this "professional" copy protection scheme in the other thread. no need to go on a tirade at this point.

Boo! Hiss!

After attempting another round of reactivations, Air Xpandi, which had previously worked, had lost its serial number. When I reentered it that, obviously in retrospect(!), counted as a 'new' installation. That has now reborked every single other bit of software, including now Adaptiverb, that I had coaxed back into life.

Hours wasted. Enough. I'll wait like you.

lnikj wrote:Boo! Hiss!

After attempting another round of reactivations, Air Xpandi, which had previously worked, had lost its serial number. When I reentered it that, obviously in retrospect(!), counted as a 'new' installation. That has now reborked every single other bit of software, including now Adaptiverb, that I had coaxed back into life.

Hours wasted. Enough. I'll wait like you.
that sucks. it's just so absurd!

the argument that iLok is the 'professional' method of copy protection is just out the window at this point. is this the 2nd or third time it's come crashing down?

it was working perfectly then poof. sad. good night. :(

I don't seem to, thankfully, come across any problem ( so far ) on this. :pray:

I'm running Windows 8.1, which I have not updated for a while. A physical iLok 2 dongle.
I've got UVI Falcon, Zynaptic Morph and Adaptiverb ( Demo), a couple of Soundtoys amoungst other things all running fine ( so far ).

Is this problem only related to iLok on HD activations - a few people seeem to be saying HD activation systems, hence the question ?

Yes, HD activation for me.

If anybody can confirm that this looks to only be HD related then I will edit the thread title and OP.

I ran into this beginning 8/12/16. I was using the software version of the iLok License Manager for UVI Falcon and Eventide Blackhole. Then I installed UVI Relayer and now Falcon and Blackhole won't load. I get a Fatal Error Message for both which says "Relation query was attempted when disallowed". Windows 10 was updated on 8/9/16 and my hunch is that iLok doesn't like the Windows update. On my system everything is up to date ... Windows 10, iLok License Manager, Reaper, Falcon, Relayer and Blackhole. Personally I'm going to try and wait it out until a proven fix is issued ... IMO this idea (like so many trouble shooting ideas) of deactivate/reactivate/install/uninstall etc. is just shooting in the dark at this point. Have started support tickets with UVI, Eventide and iLok.

Rant: What's with iLok ... uninformative website, lousy trouble shooting section ... and no way to contact them unless you just luck out and find a link that allows you to start a support ticket. Their whole bloody business model seems configured to prevent contact from customers.

KenB

I have one product installed under iLok's software authorizer. Recently I had to put iCloud on my computer to get some stuff off of my iPad, and iLok didn't like it at all. My software became unlicensed. Luckily, removing iCloud (and all Apple's crApp it wanted on my computer) fixed the issue, bit it was a little bit scary.

Moral of the story: Don't put too much iStuff on your computer :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

All 3-4 cases we have seen are HD activation, so it would *appear* to be an issue restricted to that.
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

New builds of Windows 10, such as the recently released anniversary update (build 1607) tend to break previous authorisations of software. Has everyone suffering this problem recently had the new build installed? I only recently installed build 1511 and had to reauthorise Spectrasonics and a few other plugins.
Last edited by andrew71 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zynaptiq wrote:All 3-4 cases we have seen are HD activation, so it would *appear* to be an issue restricted to that.
Thanks, I have edited the original post to reflect this.

Just to confirm ... My iLok Dongle seems to be ok too. I installed a new license on it a few hours ago.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Looks like my 'old' (pre Win10 anniversary update) copy of Morph has got caught in the crossfire ( viewtopic.php?f=6&t=433433&p=6535176#p6535176 ), wonder what else I can't use now :(

EDIT: Brilliant, at the moment I can't use -

Any Eventide purchases
Any of my Xils Lab purchases
Any UVI purchases
Any Soundtoys
Any GRM Tools

Thanks iLok :x

If a new Windows 10 build update has caused this, you can prevent it from happening again by going into Windows Update Settings > Advanced and check the Defer Upgrades option. This is only available in Pro versions and above, as far as I'm aware.

My iLok2 authorizsation for the new Adaptiverb worked fine, so I guess it is indeed related to new HD installations.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”