Free Wonky tape Atari 2600.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
I recorded an old Atari 2600(Darth Vader model with various games) to a very old Teac 4 track and then recorded the tape and chopped up the sounds and mapped them into Kontakt(5.2.1 or higher is needed).
The wavs are also available.

***UPDATE****now has user interface******http://www.mediafire.com/download/vk37n ... _Atari.zip

If someone wants to make a Maschine kit from them and post here that's fine - I don't own NI's Maschine or I would have made a kit for it.

Hope yer like em.

Cheers,
Steve
Last edited by synthmagic on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

:o

Whoah! What's the difference between the "Darth Vader"-Model and the regular ones? Did it make unusual breathing sounds? Just kidding... Nice work! (And a nice reel-to-reel too!)...
Lenovo_L412_i5-520m_@_2.4GHz|8GB_RAM|120GB_SSD|128GB_extMemory|Win_7|Live_9.7.7|volca_sample|Novation_Launchpad_Mk2-Launch Control_XL_Mk2-Audiohub_2x4-Circuit|Kaoss_Pad_Mini_2S|Allen&Heath_ZEDi-10|various_PlugIns|Tab_A6|Mazetools_Soniface

ganym3d wrote::o

Whoah! What's the difference between the "Darth Vader"-Model and the regular ones? Did it make unusual breathing sounds? Just kidding... Nice work! (And a nice reel-to-reel too!)...
:) I bought this Atari from ebay from a guy who mods them - He puts a video and audio out on them.
I love old reel to reels, the Teacs seem to get slagged off a lot, but I like em, I like that they are a bit hissy and lo-fi.
There are some Atari Drone type sounds (like Boards of Canada type sounds) recorded from this reel to reel and one that sounds like a 4 bit bag pipe. I will upload them later today.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

Hi Steve,

good job on those samples; I love the sounds of my youth. I can create Maschine Kits. A Machine group contains 16 sounds. Which are suited best for grouping?

Cheers,
Karsten

TheKid wrote:Hi Steve,

good job on those samples; I love the sounds of my youth. I can create Maschine Kits. A Machine group contains 16 sounds. Which are suited best for grouping?

Cheers,
Karsten
Thanks.
I'm not sure, really. I sort of put sounds that could be used for kick type sounds to the left of the keyboard and sounds that could be used for snares etc to the right.
Maybe something like this:

Kit 1
Ataritapedrums-02

Kit 2
Ataritapedrums-33

Kit 3
Ataritapedums-03

Cheers,
Steve

Pm with Maschine kits sent. It would be great if someone tested those before spreading the files. :)

TheKid wrote:Pm with Maschine kits sent. It would be great if someone tested those before spreading the files. :)
Thanks for making the kits, very kind of you. I wish I had Maschine, I will probably get it in the future sometime. Hopefully the kits will work fine :)
I have uploaded them to Mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wp39u ... schine.zip

Thanks Steve! Cant wait to try them out
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:Thanks Steve! Cant wait to try them out
No probs.
I have started putting a little Kontakt GUI together for them and the Atari Drones/fx's...makes them more interesting.

Ooooh! Nice!!! I love your sampling techniques. One day you should REALLY do a instrument focused on drums. The drums in Zed, Doomcloud & the freebies of the Snyare & the Analog Lo-Fi are amazing. They have been my constant go-tos for awhile. Add this with it... man.. it's like valve/tape saturation drum heaven!

Saukar30 wrote:Ooooh! Nice!!! I love your sampling techniques. One day you should REALLY do a instrument focused on drums. The drums in Zed, Doomcloud & the freebies of the Snyare & the Analog Lo-Fi are amazing. They have been my constant go-tos for awhile. Add this with it... man.. it's like valve/tape saturation drum heaven!
Thank you :)
I did start work on a drum machine type thing with a sequencer that allowed some wild things to be done, but I shelved it after getting it to about 70% completion to finish something else....I will finish it
This little Atari freebie has an interesting sound with this little GUI - has a kind of Boards of Canada type feel to it.

synthmagic wrote: Thank you :)
I did start work on a drum machine type thing with a sequencer that allowed some wild things to be done, but I shelved it after getting it to about 70% completion to finish something else....I will finish it
This little Atari freebie has an interesting sound with this little GUI - has a kind of Boards of Canada type feel to it.
Well, whenever you finish the drum machine type of thing... you have guaranteed money this way!

The drum sounds for the Atari are good... but I know the way you put things together with the Kontakt GUI will make it an excellent instrument.

Saukar30 wrote:
synthmagic wrote: Thank you :)
Well, whenever you finish the drum machine type of thing... you have guaranteed money this way!

The drum sounds for the Atari are good... but I know the way you put things together with the Kontakt GUI will make it an excellent instrument.
I'm nearly there with the interface...It is called 'Wonky Tape Atari', how original :hihi:
I have included some drones made on a Atari Punk synth that I recorded to a cassette deck and are quite hissy and grainy tape sounding. The drones and 2600 samples are just single samples stretched across a wide range and start to sound really lo-fi and fuzzy when they slow down. It is good for spacey drones, sci-fi fx and bleeps, Synthy tape pads, synthy drums etc.
Should have it done for sometime tomorrow.

************UPDATE**********
Wonky tape Atari is now completed. Comes with user interface, presets including some Multi's.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vk37n ... _Atari.zip

Audio demo of some sounds.
https://soundcloud.com/synth-magic/wonkytapeatari

Cheers,
Steve
Last edited by synthmagic on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds amazingly good, considering what it is I'm pleasantly surprised!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”