Modulation mode "Random", some difficulties

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I can not get one simple effect, and would very much like to understand how to do it.

How to create a random modulation of the wavescan position of each of the generator at a wave? (i.e. random position for each generator)

Here there is two random related lfo - called Random and RandLine.

So, my setup, from reset:

1) Load long wav sample to Vapor (mostly I like to use as a sampler, very good ability !), and increase generators to 20 for example.

2) Set Length offset to 10ms, and Birth offset to minimum (1.00ms).

3) Now, we must increase modulate depth of Delay offset for wavescan.

So, if select "Random" lfo mode, i get something like "white noise" effect, which scatter all generators in random order on a wave (that be required), BUT, the sound is becoming as noise (very high frequency of change of position?), and modulation frequency slider inactive (does not produce any effect) in this mode. Therefore, this mode is not suitable for this task.

"RandLine" method - produce good effect with controllable modulation frequency, BUT, the model of location generators along the wave are takes some repeated (linear) form, similar for each of 20 generators (yes, also i know about Phase slider, but this is just changes stack form). Thus, this method solve my requirement for only one generator, but will not cover all 20.

So, there is any solution ?

What if you add another Random-Line modulation with additional Phase by utlizing the global cloud modulator? This will not achieve total independent wavescans for each granulator but at least it ends up in a quite complex szenario.

Very interesting idea to have a modulation mode that "decouples" the grenerators in a way. Let's put that on the feature backlog for next versions...

Best
accSone

Hi Freq, thanks for reply

Yes, i tried add randomline from cloud source in hoping to diversify the linearity of the form, but I got the point when at the same time (at Cloud activity) become affected the some modulation of pitch (together with wavescans) what undesirably in this case, I did not understand the reason yet (the nature of this pitch iterations). I had a feeling that cloud impact It penetrates somehow to speed\sweep sections, although "Cloud mod. depth" faders in speed and sweep sections was set to zero. It cannot be ?
Although, need will try it Cloud more.
freq wrote:Very interesting idea to have a modulation mode that "decouples" the grenerators in a way. Let's put that on the feature backlog for next versions...
Freq, also you can just improved "Random" algo, by enabling its speed control (make freq level as active), maybe it will solve the task ? I'm not sure yet but theoretically this is it.

(In principle, the above problem is the only remaining point which (IMO) limits the power of this beast. In the rest it is almost perfect).
Well, even if all this will be in the next version it would be very cool (the main thing that it was quickly ) I would be happy to buy it update.

Your ideas are inspiring:
  • Yes, enabling the Freq. at Random makes indeed sense - but it would be interpreted as division factors (e.g. every 10th grain the random value would change instead of every grain).
  • Adding a new Randline mode that generates a random lines that are not synced with the generators
  • Adding a Freq-Mod slider that allows to add an offset to the modulation frequency depending on the generator number. The result would be very cool, because that will "detune" each modulation on each generator stream. Imagine that on the speed parameter...
  • Adding a step sequence editor for each parameter that generates pattern modulation synced to the host

Yes, please. It would be really cool!
Well, what about internal step seq (as additional modulator) indeed also very good idea, but if it will not require a much time consuming to implement (coding) for you, otherwise, this possibility can always be realized via automation. I.e. i want to say that the first 3 items in your list let it be as the highest priority.

Damn. Excuse me. I was wrong. I just tried RandLine more and figured.
The RandLine method are contain among other the smooth curves (or rather oblique lines), which make mentioned the pitch changes. Thus this method does not solve the described task, even for a single generator ,unfortunately.

Roughly to say, in current view the tool does not contain any method of random modulation without smooth \ sloping curves.

By other words, the first thing what to do to get closer to solving the problem - it add random modulation which based only on rectangle forms. (Like as "sample and hold" for example).

And BTW, Freq, why modulation of Delay offset (via Sine lfo for example) is does affect to the pitch ? It really should be ? Because if you change delay offset via the mouse (or inertial line) you are get the wavescan which unchanged in pitch. What is the reason (difference) ?

Return to “accSone”