One Synth Challenge #92: Digits 2 by Extent of the Jam (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Digits

Special Note: Please be polite when criticizing the synth. Think of the developers. They spend many hundreds of hours crafting these. Be helpful :hug: :hug:

Comment on all the tracks here: https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/reposts

Submissions will show up here (may be a long delay before showing up):
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... -92-digits

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

Are you prepared for an epic phase distortion experience? :wheee:

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a donator? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): any 1 of his soundsets. Mention the soundset you want, along with your other prize. (More info here)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

Squaredheads : Nora Arpeggiator plugin

JRR Shop : UVI: Mello

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

stardustmedia : Professional studio mix down and mastering on one track of your choosing (See Disclaimer)

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

Touch the Universe : Euterpe XL

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing. Some people from OSC have had success here.
  • KVR Mix Challenge (see stickies) - Who can mix a song the best (Without adding extra recordings /musical additions)? Each person starts out with the same stems.
  • Music Cafe (KVR, see stickies) - A thematic monthly competition. Use recording, real instruments, synths and samples.
  • RemixComps - An aggregator for remix contests from a variety of artists and genres (mostly EDM) - indie and popular.
  • Soundevotion (SDCOMPO) Competition - Even longer running than the OSC, the SDCOMPO is even more niche in that you must use a tracker, and set of specific effects. Great community.
Last edited by bjporter on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 11 times in total.

32 or 64 bit?

wagtunes wrote:32 or 64 bit?
For Windows there's only a 32 bit version.
I had to install vcrun2015 x86 to get it working in Windows 10 x64.
Somehow the GUI of reaper is crashing occasionally. Parts of the window go black, blindly clicking in them restores that part.
Dunno if Digits is the culprit or something else.

I tried to run the windows version in linux but that crashes the daw when opening the gui. I can run the generic ui but that's not very practical.

I was expecting some sort of FM but this is way different. Interesting synth.
Hope it all works out.

And since I'm currently running Windows, I might even "copy something I like and slap OTT on it" . ;-)

rghvdberg wrote:
wagtunes wrote:32 or 64 bit?
For Windows there's only a 32 bit version.
I had to install vcrun2015 x86 to get it working in Windows 10 x64.
Somehow the GUI of reaper is crashing occasionally. Parts of the window go black, blindly clicking in them restores that part.
Dunno if Digits is the culprit or something else.

I tried to run the windows version in linux but that crashes the daw when opening the gui. I can run the generic ui but that's not very practical.

I was expecting some sort of FM but this is way different. Interesting synth.
Hope it all works out.

And since I'm currently running Windows, I might even "copy something I like and slap OTT on it" . ;-)
Oh well, guess I'm sitting this one out.

rghvdberg wrote: I had to install vcrun2015 x86 to get it working in Windows 10 x64.
Thank you for that helpful bit of information. :clap: :tu:

I first installed Digits (selecting the directory where I put my VST plugs instead of where it wanted to default to) and the x64 vcrun2015 (because I stupidly thought that with a x64 system I should use x64 stuff). Reaper 5.25x64 couldn't find it.
I uninstalled Digits and let it install to default location. Added location for Reaper to scan for VST's. Re-scanned. Still didn't show. Cleared VST cache and let Reaper scan again, still didn't show up.

Deleted Digits, read here you got it to work with the x86 vcrun2015, so installed that. Rebooted. Went through the same steps of first having it install where I wanted, and when that didn't work letting it install to where it wanted (which was in my documents which is a silly place to put it IMHO). Re-added the directories for Reaper to scan etc, it still does not show up. Tried copying the folder in my documents Digits installed into and pasted it to where I usually keep VST's. Re-scan in Reaper, still nothing.

So I try on other PC and just install the vcrun2015 x86. It worked. :dog:
Once I uninstalled the x64 vcrun on primary music PC, rebooted and reinstalled Digits it finally showed up.

Basically I say all this just in case someone else has a similar issue. Only install the x86 vcrun2015. The x64 one seems to cause issues, at least it did for me.
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

awesome. the Casio CZ synths are some of my all time favorite! This is my kind of contest. A great challenge.

Does anyone see an issue with the 'Reset' option, well, being reset and reverting to unstable behavior? Seems every time I open the GUI it is unchecked (which may just be a GUI bug), but then has no audible difference?

z.prime wrote:Does anyone see an issue with the 'Reset' option, well, being reset and reverting to unstable behavior? Seems every time I open the GUI it is unchecked (which may just be a GUI bug), but then has no audible difference?
Yea, the reset doesn't stay checked. 64bit version on mac here.

What do the R. and L. Scale sliders do under the Shape envelope? I haven't dialed in anything that those seem to affect.

Is there a manual?

bh9090 wrote:Is there a manual?
On OSX it's in /Applications/Digits on Windows, somewhere else... I think Documents/Extents of the Jam or similar...

bh9090 wrote:
z.prime wrote:Does anyone see an issue with the 'Reset' option, well, being reset and reverting to unstable behavior? Seems every time I open the GUI it is unchecked (which may just be a GUI bug), but then has no audible difference?
Yea, the reset doesn't stay checked. 64bit version on mac here.
Confirmed 32bit windows, what about the cos/sin it's always back to cos on my PC ?

30 Minutes playing with Digits and some interesting sounds was made - will see what will happen till d end of the month with this raw something :)Interesting synth, work smooth on 32bit DAW,very intuitive and programmable :
https://soundcloud.com/vellislav/vellislav-kvr-osc92

VELLISLAV wrote:30 Minutes playing with Digits and some interesting sounds was made - will see what will happen till d end of the month with this raw something :)Interesting synth, work smooth on 32bit DAW,very intuitive and programmable :
Are the drums from Digits too? My own sound like sh..!

Darksynth FX wrote:
VELLISLAV wrote:30 Minutes playing with Digits and some interesting sounds was made - will see what will happen till d end of the month with this raw something :)Interesting synth, work smooth on 32bit DAW,very intuitive and programmable :
No man,mine was sh.. too:):):)so only d kick is sample,but will try to make it better later with digits - some external fx maybe will help cuz digits kick i made suk :)Hnd:)

VELLISLAV wrote:
Darksynth FX wrote:
No man,mine was sh.. too:):):)so only d kick is sample,but will try to make it better later with digits - some external fx maybe will help cuz digits kick i made suk :)Hnd:)
Thank god, otherwhise I would have quit making music forever ;)!

Return to “Instruments”