Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

AnX wrote:What are discopDSP bringing to the table by taking over the dev/distribution of this synth?
Time will tell ;)

Ok cheers :-)

AnX wrote:What are discopDSP bringing to the table by taking over the dev/distribution of this synth?
The chance on future development? :P What did "Soshi Studio" bring new to the table? Except a "Donate" button, to be able to download the free Obxd...
Last edited by chk071 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eh does the new version override the older one?
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

Rappo Clappo wrote:Eh does the new version override the older one?
They share the same VST ID so yes.

@George

Thanks, for your quick reply! :)
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

:tu: i love the GUI :) thx DISCO DSP :tu:

George wrote:
Time will tell ;)
So the current 'dsp version' is identical to the old version....?

George wrote:
ENV1 wrote:I see.

Do you think there is any possibility that you could externalize the whole UI definition stuff (i.e. have it all outside the DLL) so that skinmakers can start a skin from scratch with full control over every aspect of it? A good example of how it could be done would be how AudioRealism creates the UI for ADM, where you have a folder containing the images plus a definition file containing the (relative) path to the images as well as their respective sizes and locations on the UI. (Commented ADM definition file attached if you want to take a look. Had to be zipped because for reasons i cannot fathom the forum doesnt allow .txt attachments.)
TR-X - CM.zip
Yes but it will take some extra time as some kind of parser has to be implemented.
A word to the wise though, Mike @ Audiorealism has said that the outside skin definition file caused a lot of compatibility problems. It has gone from ABL3 (you can still change the images, just not the size and placement).

chk071 wrote: The chance on future development? :P What did "Soshi Studio" bring new to the table? Except a "Donate" button, to be able to download the free Obxd...
If I recall correctly, Soshi Studio bring the new skins. The skin from Soshi + the code from 2dat was merged by Dozius, AFAIK, and now is taken by George.

Yep that's right.

the linux version (vst), this planned?
I try to download and directed me here ...
if not so, this project will remain open source?
I do not see the source code links anywhere ..
License changed?

Thanks beforehand for your attention..

Cool. Can you take over development for arts acoustic? :)

And on a serious note, destroyfx?
Last edited by masterhiggins on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kobraaji wrote:the linux version (vst), this planned?
I try to download and directed me here ...
if not so, this project will remain open source?
I do not see the source code links anywhere ..
License changed?

Thanks beforehand for your attention..
Linux builds should be ready hopefully soon.

masterhiggins wrote:Cool. Can you take over development for arts acoustic? :)

And on a serious note, destroyfx?
What? :lol:

Return to “Instruments”