Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Just had a hard crash in Logic when trying to import multisamples, no crash log unfortunately.
I see, if a sample is not named in accordance with the Avenger scheme and you try to load it, the DAW just crashes, maybe the sample just shouldn't load instead or a warning message could pop up, no?
I was wrong, that's not the culprit, it seems that you have to batch import entire folders with multi-samples which then get converted to the .avms-format, if you try to load a .wav which is in the same folder that was created when converting the multi-samples the DAW crashes. So .wav files can only be loaded into the drum sampler I assume - rather clumsy and irritating at first...

Content cannot be downloaded (403 error), it seems they are moving or trying different stuff this time which will break the download. With my first try, the download was very slow (it needs some days!) so I cancelled the download. I will give it another try tomorrow.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Just had a hard crash in Logic when trying to import multisamples, no crash log unfortunately.
I see, if a sample is not named in accordance with the Avenger scheme and you try to load it, the DAW just crashes, maybe the sample just shouldn't load instead or a warning message could pop up, no?
I was wrong, that's not the culprit, it seems that you have to batch import entire folders with multi-samples which then get converted to the .avms-format, if you try to load a .wav which is in the same folder that was created when converting the multi-samples the DAW crashes. So .wav files can only be loaded into the drum sampler I assume - rather clumsy and irritating at first...
And wrong again, looking at the the factory library, the only wav format in there is present in the Resampler-folder, so all wav-samples have to be converted to the Avenger format first before one can use them.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Yep, there is definitely something wrong with the GUI open, the fan starts kicking in like crazy.
I reported this during the beta, but no-one else reported the same. Have posted a note on the beta board.

Would it be possible for someone to make a torrent of this demo's 4gb content file?
Normal download seems to be impossible, maybe too many people downloading.
Using Bittorrent we might have better chance of downloading it.

I'm not sure what's going on internally Simon but importing wav's, at least here, is simply a matter of drag and drop whether it's a single wav or a WT. Just bring up the resynthesize option in the OSC window and you'll see at the bottom it says "Drop Sample Here"

Now, if you want to drop in several samples (I've never tried to do this nor do I know if it's even possible) then I have no clue. I can try here and tell you what happens.

I even can´t open the factory content?
I just have an initial patch when importing the content and like i already said i have to install it every time again when i open it again.
Time for the first support ticket.
After all the hype (yes, i was catched as well) i feel bad to bought it blind now.
Even don´t know if i could sell it if things go worse..........
Congratulations to me :hihi:
Shit happens!

The filters have no frequency readout? So if I want to enter a precise frequency in hertz e.g. for setting up a tuned combfilter, how is that going to happen - I need 261.6 Hz please, not just a knob.

wagtunes wrote:I'm not sure what's going on internally Simon but importing wav's, at least here, is simply a matter of drag and drop whether it's a single wav or a WT. Just bring up the resynthesize option in the OSC window and you'll see at the bottom it says "Drop Sample Here"

Now, if you want to drop in several samples (I've never tried to do this nor do I know if it's even possible) then I have no clue. I can try here and tell you what happens.
I managed to import multisamples alright, a full Glockenspiel was already playing here. The manual is so so...

I give up ! :roll:
After 3 attempts to download the 4,3 GB File, everytime the downloads stops after some time.

Now I get this message :
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /Avenger/VPS_Avenger_Factory_content_R1.avengercontent on this server.
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

Cinebient wrote:I even can´t open the factory content?
I just have an initial patch when importing the content and like i already said i have to install it every time again when i open it again
Same for me with 1.0.21 build.

Sampleconstruct wrote:The filters have no frequency readout? So if I want to enter a precise frequency in hertz e.g. for setting up a tuned combfilter, how is that going to happen - I need 261.6 Hz please, not just a knob.
Simon, I don't know if this will help you but the readout for the filters are the bottom in percent when you turn the knob. I don't know where 261,6 Hz falls between 0 and 100% but if you have some way of doing the calculation (I'm assuming you know comb filter values) then you can do the conversion based on the percent between 0 and 100%.

Does that make sense?

Also, I don't know of one synth that reads out a comb filter in Hz. At least none that I have or am aware is capable of doing.

I think I'm one of the lucky ones :D Downloaded it a couple hours ago with no problems.

But I can confirm that the ui does something wrong. TBH I don't care if a plugin "runs ultra smoothly in 60hz" if it can only achieve this with overloading my (no so bad) graphics card.
Also had 1 crash while resizing with the bottom right corner handle and 2 crahs when opening the editor. Both with Cubase.

Soundwise it is not bad. I have to dig deeper into it to get some cool sounds. But as always this is no miracle synth that can make everything sound good. Manuels demos were good because it was Manuel :D He knows what he is doing and therefore it was looking pretty easy and smooth in the videos. In reality it's a bit harder.

One bug I sometimes had was stucking notes. I double checked if I accidently drew 2 notes or something like that but it was okay. I was playing with the modulators in parallel so maybe there was something wrong with that.

This one is way better than Parawave Rapid but it got a bit overhyped if one sees the bug reports, errors and missing features now. Just a friendly reminder to the ones that would buy it blind :D

Nice job anyway! :clap:

remember rightclick and turning a dial does it in more precise steps than left click

release bugs: of course there will be frequent updates in the next day to solve all release-issues asap
Last edited by msvs on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “Instruments”