Keyscape is available for download now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Keyscape - Collector Keyboards

Gosh wrote:will keyscape creative work with the keyscapes lite installation? given my computer specs i think i would go with the 30 gb lite installation if i buy keyscapes (also not being a professional keyboard player and more interested in the creative side of things).
thanks and cheers
I would go for the full install if you are interested in the creative side of things since the lite install is more "player" oriented.
But if you decide so i think it will work.
Of course you won't be able to use all the patches then.
When i updated i was asked again if i want the lite or full install.
But like i said, when i see the list of the lite install i would miss a lot of creative stuff.
You will only install these:

Hohner Clavinet C
JD-800 Crystal Rhodes
LA Custom C7
MK-80 Digital Rhodes
MKS-20 Digital Piano
Rhodes - Classic Mark I
Rhodes - LA Custom “E”
Wurlitzer 140B

...instead of this all :) :

https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/ ... models.php
Last edited by Cinebient on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gosh wrote:will keyscape creative work with the keyscapes lite installation? given my computer specs i think i would go with the 30 gb lite installation if i buy keyscapes (also not being a professional keyboard player and more interested in the creative side of things).
thanks and cheers
I'd say almost certainly not, though I haven't seen it in writing. The lite install obviously does not include a vast number of Keyscape soundsources to keep the size down, and this library will grab soundsources from everywhere. Shame, but there we go. Might be worth a Spectrasonics request to offer a Creative Lite that uses only patches from the lite install?

FWIW, I like the idea of the Keyscape Lite install, but I wish they'd done it differently, using sample thinning / less velocity layers but including all the instruments. I get why they didn't though - a) a lot more work; b) totally separate install media; c) keyboard players on the road would likely prefer less instruments but in full quality.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
thanks and cheers
I'd say almost certainly not, though I haven't seen it in writing. The lite install obviously does not include a vast number of Keyscape soundsources to keep the size down, and this library will grab soundsources from everywhere. Shame, but there we go. Might be worth a Spectrasonics request to offer a Creative Lite that uses only patches from the lite install?

FWIW, I like the idea of the Keyscape Lite install, but I wish they'd done it differently, using sample thinning / less velocity layers but including all the instruments. I get why they didn't though - a) a lot more work; b) totally separate install media; c) keyboard players on the road would likely prefer less instruments but in full quality.
The update installers give you the lite option so I guess it would install the subset of patches from the collection that use those instruments but not as many.

thanks guys for your answers. in the meantime i had a closer look at the lite versus the complete install and i'm afraid you're right. it would only work for a limited number of patches with the lite install. like noiseboy i would have prefered a lite install with the full collection but with a reduced amount of samples per instrument.

So, now that i finished to go quickly trough all the Keyscape Creative patches i must say that i love it. Maybe the best patch bank ever (at least in my personal Top 3). It fits my style.
Great pads, soundscapes and some really fantastic basses and more.
There are not much patches i don´t like and even about 60% are 5 stars for me.
It´s stuff i miss in Falcon or synths like Avenger.
Also Omnisphere (and Spectrasonics tools in general) is bug free for me since i used it the first time years ago. The support is great, the stuff is just quality.
Now i wait for Stylus RMX 2.........

Cinebient wrote:Awesome patches! And i just gone trough the letter A yet!
Me too

There are some surprisingly good hard/dirty sounds in this. To be honest I'm not usually a fan of the distorted sounds in Omnisphere. I e usually found them to have a similar quality that just sounds too harsh in a digital way. But this expansion has some great aggressive sounds.

I found this while lurking on the facebook profile of the music store where I usually buy my instruments (I wanted to see if they had any interesting news from NAMM):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylynd8AVZlk

I think Spectrasonics just won the advertising war! :lol:
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

sin night wrote:
I think Spectrasonics just won the advertising war! :lol:
I concur! :o 8) :love: :hyper: :clap: :tu: :party:

Just installing Keyscape did anyone else get an attributes error? I'm going to let it finish installing anyway. Damit I cant update it says theirs stuff missing guess Il uninstall and start again.
Last edited by Jax Pok on Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jax Pok wrote:Just installing Keyscape did anyone else get an attributes error? I'm going to let it finish installing anyway. Damit I cant update it says theirs stuff missing guess Il uninstall and start again.
Not sure I understand.. have a screenshot?

Installation attributes file not found. I'll reinstall it tomorrow.

Think I've fixed it this time I unzipped that zipped file it downloads then ran the installer. It doesn't like being run from within the zipped file probably because it cant see the attributes file that's also inside it. Thanks for looking.

Still installing Omnisphere 1 from DVDs... :lol:

Gosh, did anyone find out how many creative patches work with the lite version?

Return to “Instruments”