Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

sircuit wrote:Steve Duda is working on a scalable Serum since August and is still not released yet - and when it'll be out I'm sure it will work just fine as the current version does. So it's really about proper coding, nothing else.
6 months + for a scalable GUI? Completely ridiculous, nobody will pay for that effort. Guess it's more the OS that should be proper coded.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

Warehouseparty wrote:Guess it's more the OS that should be proper coded.
And yet... the only plugins with exactly the similar GUI issues (high GPU taxing when GUI open and playback stopped - so doing nothing) are all Vengeance (software renderer for older ones and OpenGL for new one) and Rapid (another European developer). This is already a history of improper coding.

Plus, on my second computer which is a PC the videocard's fans start spinning soon after opening Avenger (granted, is a 6 year old video card but again, the fans only start when I play games otherwise).
And finally, when displayed on 100% Avenger takes a little less GPU on macOS than BioShock Infinite which is a game (!).

And this is excluding DAW crashes, cracks and pops.

So yes, macOS should be properly coded :clap:

Maybe you've got a point there ;-) Avenger is making use of the GPU for sure. Can't tell how other plugins that are scalable perform since I never doublechecked it.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

All problems also occur on Windows. Maybe it's not that often like with an MacOS but it still happens. Avenger is still unusable for a good amount of musicians.

New update but the master lock still doesn't work... Also now Avenger uses 3-5% cpu when doing nothing. 1 instance in a new project, init preset. I'm just moving the mouse above some controls and it shoots up.

The text in context menus gets cut from the left. But this seems to be based on the generell scaling and font issues (working on 80%).

I twice had a problem with 1.0.31 where I could move controls on the ui but nothing happened processing wise. Neither volumes (even master), nor filters or transpose. Like processing and ui disconnected from each other.

After loading a preset via the memory button, the left/right step arrows in the preset browser don't work from the right position. They start again with the 1st preset in the opened expansion. I would expect the browser to recognize in which expansion and category the preset is and step to the previous/next presets from it (like the sample previous/next buttons inside Phalanx).

msvs wrote:What apple does with the MacOs updates is a mess. Many problems are caused by them. We (and many other devs) hope for a Sierra update soon
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3

with VPS Avenger 1.0.30 i have problem with System overload

with VPS Avenger 1.0.31 everything seems to be ok till now, have no problems

Irritating/annoying: I've setup a patch with x-fading split zones, OSC1-4 with OSC2 being a test osc for tuning the samples, after the mapping is complete I delete OSC2 as I don't need it anymore and POOF, the mapping for OSC 3/4 (now 2/3) is destroyed and I have to map it all again.

Also when importing samples mapping errors occur when samples are named e.g. a#-1 - as C3 = C2 in Avenger, samples below the normal C0 have to be named -1 but Avenger detects this wrongly and maps those samples to a#1 instead - unfortunately there is no workaround for this other than mapping everything an octave higher and renaming all the samples, with large sample maps this is a PITA.

Sampleconstruct wrote:I'm using El Cap, not Sierra.
if I remember correctly a dev (i don't remember who) said the all the OSX before 10.12.x are suffering of a graphic bug (or something like that.) ..maybe your problem is from that bug ?...

hivkorn wrote:
if I remember correctly a dev (i don't remember who) said the all the OSX before 10.12.x are suffering of a graphic bug (or something like that.) ..maybe your problem is from that bug ?...
As I can gather from other members posting here, Avenger behaves the same on El Capitan and Sierra (the main issue being loading the GPU just by sitting on screen). It may be very well a bug in OS X versions but since the behaviour is the same in macOS most likely the alleged bug is not interfering with the issues we have. And as I've previously said, all Vengeance plugins that I own behave exactly the same.

There is no single "problem" but there was a conglomerate of problems, but as I said before, 1.0.31 is much better now and behaves quite smoothly so far.

sircuit wrote:
hivkorn wrote:
As I can gather from other members posting here, Avenger behaves the same on El Capitan and Sierra (the main issue being loading the GPU just by sitting on screen). It may be very well a bug in OS X versions but since the behaviour is the same in macOS most likely the alleged bug is not interfering with the issues we have. And as I've previously said, all Vengeance plugins that I own behave exactly the same.

I don t have a single problem with the last version , under cubase pro 9 and osx 10.12.3 ! :o

I’m getting constant crashes with version 1.0.31 in LogicX 10.3 when editing and loading kits in the drum sampler, I sent the crashlog to Rene so no one here feels offended.

EDIT: And when playing back sequences programmed in the Logic sequencer, Logic often stalls for a few bars and then plays all notes at once, this also happens when playing single notes while editing a kit - something is seriously wrong.

Warehouseparty wrote:
sircuit wrote:Steve Duda is working on a scalable Serum since August and is still not released yet - and when it'll be out I'm sure it will work just fine as the current version does. So it's really about proper coding, nothing else.
6 months + for a scalable GUI? Completely ridiculous, nobody will pay for that effort. Guess it's more the OS that should be proper coded.

Since you obviously just started using FL Studio you are simply not aware how many people stopped using Sytrus over the years because of its small GUI and when Image-Line vectorized it and made it scalable last year, the change was MONUMENTAL.

By vectorizing GUI and making it scalable you are setting your VSTi for the future, you are just done with it, you don't have to worry about different resolutions and screen sizes anymore.
Vectorized and scalable GUI's should be a standard nowadays because resolutions are just getting bigger and bigger and by making it you are making sure that your VST(i) will be viable in the future and extending its longevity.

Because of that, having brains unlike many other developers, Image-Line vectorized FL Studio first and kept vectorizing their plugins inside FL Studio, some with scalable GUI, some just being vectorized.
The whole thing has a monumental value, it's very important.
Saying that the effort (vectorizing GUI and making it scalable) is ridiculous is just ridiculous.

Vectorised gui's are a big step forward for me as I can edit in Big mode, while playing with controllers in Small mode.

v convenient.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

hivkorn wrote: I don t have a single problem with the last version , under cubase pro 9 and osx 10.12.3 ! :o
Cubase is dev's DAW of choice so in a way the plug-in was developed for Cubase.

brainzistor wrote:Since you obviously just started using FL Studio...

By vectorizing GUI and making it scalable you are setting your VSTi for the future...The whole thing has a monumental value, it's very important.
Saying that the effort (vectorizing GUI and making it scalable) is ridiculous is just ridiculous.
If 13 years means "just started" in your world I guess you are something like an elf and have seen thousands of summers? :D

Jokes aside, of course you are right in saying a scalable GUI is the future. But I can't see this taking half a year of work. I did some kind of scalable GUI 7 years ago in VB (not related to music) and it took me not too long. So I thought it can't be that hard? But may be I'm just spoiled by that experience and doing this in a larger vectorbased project is MUCH harder. I would expect this to be a basic funtionality in every coding language.
Last edited by Warehouseparty on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4

Return to “Instruments”