Synthmaster One?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

kv331 wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Despite the unfortunately similar name, I get the impression that SM One is to SM2 what Hive is to Zebra.
Yep :D

The name father of the synth is Geary Yelton, he's a senior editor at Electronic Musician Magazine. At the 2016 NAMM Show we were chatting with him and I mentioned him about my plans for a "simpler" SynthMaster. I was gonna call it something like SynthMaster LE, but then he suggested SynthMaster One would be much better, and we said why not? :lol:
Interesting. I came to the conclusion that Synthmaster 2 and Zebra 2 would be the best synth choices for me to really sink my teeth into. Not really searching for "simpler". I love SM2.

I tried the demo of Hive and Zebra 2. Did not really care much for Hive. Zebra 2 will probably be the next synth I buy (after SM3) :)
Windows 10 and too many plugins

kv331 wrote:
zzz00m wrote:Do you need Synthmaster One if you already have 2.8, or would it be better to wait on version 3?
Well if you wanna wait wait, but this synth has really simple workflow. also it's gonna work on the iPad / iPad Pro (they have different UI and those will be included among the desktop skins as well!)

Synthmaster One has stuff that doesnt exist in SM 2.8:

Wavetable synthesis
New waveforms library sampled from analog synths (not at single note, we sampled at every 3 semitones)
New wavetable library, mostly created using our internal wavetable editor.
New factory presets, we'll hopefuly release with 500 presets but that'll grow to 700-800 hopefuly by the end of the year.
Thanks, I'll probably give it a try, based on the interesting UI design and the wavetables. If the sound holds up, I'm good.

Not particularly a fan of sampled analog, reminds me of romplers. Already have several subtractive VA's :)
Windows 10 and too many plugins

sqigls wrote: lamest demo concept ever.
Why ?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

i installed it, took maybe 10 mins to look it over, run through the settings panel, previewed a few patches, sounded good. My daughter runs over with an emergency for me... so i close the DAW, come back 10 mins later and open the demo, the notes are all triggering random and i can't even check it out! Unnecessarily annoying.

great sound though, nice and tight.
can i get the sound of this synth within the other Synthmaster plugin? i mean, could i match these preset sounds exactly with the other Synthmaster plugin?
I demoed the other one a few years back, but the GUI was unbearable for me, although i remember it sounded good.

You need to restart the demo plugin after 20 minutes.

SynthMaster One has new features like wavetable synthesis + new waveforms/wavetables library so you can not create all of those patches with SynthMaster.
Works at KV331 Audio

Great, we received all factory presets from our sound designers! Time to wrap up & normalize the levels.

Here's the latest audio demos:

https://soundcloud.com/kv331synthmaster ... ne-factory
Works at KV331 Audio

Will it be possible to switch the patches via MIDI program change? Would like to use SM One for live playing.

The synth sounds great!

imagine2015 wrote:Will it be possible to switch the patches via MIDI program change? Would like to use SM One for live playing.
Yes will be possible. just need to move the necessary code from SM 2.8 to SM One. hopefuly in our 1st or 2nd update. We will release an update for AAX, I guess I can squeeze in this feature to that update.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:You need to restart the demo plugin after 20 minutes.

SynthMaster One has new features like wavetable synthesis + new waveforms/wavetables library so you can not create all of those patches with SynthMaster.
actually must need to restart the HOST after 20 minutes, cos i actually had removed the plugin.

sqigls wrote:
kv331 wrote:You need to restart the demo plugin after 20 minutes.

actually must need to restart the HOST after 20 minutes, cos i actually had removed the plugin.
Actually, 20 minutes per project. :)

The Arksun presets impress me. Not a huge fan of EDM stuff though, and a I guess this synth is heavily aimed at those genres. I would love to see more 'vintage' type basic synth presets and your typical meat'n'potato drum sets. Maybe a paid expansion in future would be nice.
<List your stupid gear here>

Hi Bulent,

Any idea of timeframe for the AAX update? I'm using SM One in VE Pro but would prefer to run directly in Pro Tools to simplify automation.

Loving it so far!
Michael Damon
Composer/Sound Designer
Virtual Productions

mdvirtual wrote:Hi Bulent,

Any idea of timeframe for the AAX update? I'm using SM One in VE Pro but would prefer to run directly in Pro Tools to simplify automation.

Loving it so far!
I need to sort of the in-app-purchase stuff for PT first, once I do that I'll port SM One to AAX. it's a 3-4 days job :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Mmm, the audio demos from Arksun sound great, indeed. :)

Noticing Synthmaster One crashing Logic 10.3 when opening and closing AU window. Getting a message that it can't find the skin. Also everytime I open and close the window, the skin reverts back to the all white Preset skin.

Already submitted bug report.

Return to “Instruments”