What's not like about Kenny G?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:Guy is seriously out of phase.
... and talent.

Andywanders wrote:When it comes to Kenny G, I'm of the same opinion as Pat Metheny.

http://www.jazzoasis.com/methenyonkennyg.htm
Pat Metheny wrote:...blah blah blah...

So ol' Pat is a music snob. Who would've thuought it... :roll:

AnX wrote:
Andywanders wrote:When it comes to Kenny G, I'm of the same opinion as Pat Metheny.

http://www.jazzoasis.com/methenyonkennyg.htm
Pat Metheny wrote:...blah blah blah...

So ol' Pat is a music snob. Who would've thuought it... :roll:
:hihi: Humans are funny

I remember when that came out, when all that happened. I was SuperSerious! about my (wannabe Dream Theater) guitar wankings and took Pat's side.

Now I might grind up some Pat Metheny into one of the granular ensembles in Reaktor and wank off all over it with my own out of tune, far-too-distorted and raped guitar noise just because I can.

I don't even share Metheny's very subjective admiration of Armstrong.

Anyway, an interesting article by someone who obviously knows Kenny G very well:
http://www.culturekiosque.com/jazz/port ... kenny.html

fluffy_little_something wrote:... an interesting article by someone who obviously knows Kenny G very well:
:dog: I was expecting to see a psychiatric assessment.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

That would be boring...

Seems Kenny G can't even read notes :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't even share Metheny's very subjective admiration of Armstrong.
Oh, right, we're only talking about the guy who basically put the swing in Jazz. The guy who made soloing a staple of Jazz. One of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. Very subjective, indeed.

I swear, KVR sometimes. :help:

Carry on.

Kenny G (TM): rocking elevators since 1956.

I always liked Ellington more, musically that is, the guy himself was not as nice as Armstrong from what I heard.
Armstrong was a great musician, no doubt, I just think Metheny exaggerated a bit...
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This guy, as well as "romantic" backing music in tv and film of the 80s & 90s, totally ruined the saxophone for me. It wasn't until I heard the sax usage in Lost Highway (and some associated Trent Reznor stuff) that I decided it's actually a very cool instrument if played interestingly. "Smooth jazz", or whatever the hell Kenny G plays, generally makes me cringe. I don't dispute the dexterity of the player, but, like an incredible but noodly guitarist that just keeps noodling, the music totally bores the shit out of me... or worse.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Well, he's better than little bow wow :shrug:

his last name is GoreLick :lol: :hihi: :clap:

He's better than kant-ya worst :shrug:

incubus wrote:He's better than kant-ya worst :shrug:
u mean kunt-ya wurst

Switched On Bach... what a pile of shit

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”