The official RIP thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Only if your ancestors were monkeys. :lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Joni Sledge, one of the Sisters Sledge, has died at age 60.

Charles Edward Anderson "Chuck" Berry was an American guitarist, singer and songwriter and one of the pioneers of rock and roll music. Died: March 18, 2017

Wow, I didn't know he was still alive 8)
Which is no surprise because they just said on the news that he had not recorded a new album in 40 years or so, but that he was about to do just that. He should have waited a year less :P
But frankly, I never liked that kind of music, it is just noise to my ears.

Good riddance David Rockefeller ;)
Feed The Paw

Not an artist but Mr. K's music legacy is huge.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39471567
Image Image Image Image

fluffy_little_something wrote:Wow, I didn't know he was still alive 8)
Which is no surprise because they just said on the news that he had not recorded a new album in 40 years or so, but that he was about to do just that. He should have waited a year less :P
Have a little respect. :roll:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Wow, I didn't know he was still alive 8)
Have a little respect. :roll:
Why? I was talking about that kind of music, not about any particular artist. There is no point in respecting a genre. I just don't like rock and roll music, at least in terms of music as such, some lyrics were ok, though.

The death rate of favorite artists is just going to increase for the near future. Just an effect of population mechanics.

Doesn't stop it from sucking.
I continually miss Edgar Froese. I had gotten used to so much new Tangerine Dream in the recent, sort of final years, that I couldn't keep up. And then... gone. I realized I'd grown up with - predominantly - Edgar sequencing my brain bits.

It's like we lose a piece of ourselves every time.

Ikutaro Kakehashi, founder of Roland passed away.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39471567

Just heard that the guy who invented the TR-808 passed away at the age of 87.

@Codestation
Yeah, death sucks :P Then again, compared to losing someone I actually know and like, such as friends and family, the death of artists is kind of irrelevant to me. Sure, if I liked the artist, I may be sad for a few minutes, but then I go and watch a comedy on TV and it is as if nothing had happened. There was no bond that got broken...

Unless it was James Bond. Then you would potentially have a broken bond (depending on how he died of course).

Unfortunately 007 movies don't die :P There was one on TV today, I preferred to go and buy groceries...

While checking out this old tune of his on YouTube I was surprised to hear of Larry Coryell's passing last February at age 73.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6W1gEyq084

RIP :(

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”