MAGIX Music Maker - The free full version

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mcbpete wrote:Wow that brings back memories - That was the first DAW I ever bought (previously (and subsequently) I used free trackers) though back then it looked like
Interesting :)

But "Click your own video hit"

Is that just bad translation from German, or was there a time back in the day when users "clicked" hits :D

You can get one of the instrument addons from the in-app store free using the voucher code sharewareonsale30 (it's worth €/$30).

Or you could go for the loop banks but they only come with a non-commercial licence.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote:You can get one of the instrument addons from the in-app store free using the voucher code sharewareonsale30 (it's worth €/$30).
The app store is only reachable inside Music Maker, a user cannot buy addons direct via the Magix site ?

I am quite happy with the Analog Synth pack I bought, close to 1GB of sample material and almost 200 patches I gather. Sounds decent enough.

As the Vita player files are ytif, it would be excellent if Magix also could make those instrument packs available for Engine 2

Numanoid wrote:
sprnva wrote:You can get one of the instrument addons from the in-app store free using the voucher code sharewareonsale30 (it's worth €/$30).
The app store is only reachable inside Music Maker, a user cannot buy addons direct via the Magix site ?

I am quite happy with the Analog Synth pack I bought, close to 1GB of sample material and almost 200 patches I gather. Sounds decent enough.

As the Vita player files are ytif, it would be excellent if Magix also could make those instrument packs available for Engine 2
What about Independence? That's free and opens ytif files. And Engine should too, anyway, right? I know I've loaded Engine sounds in Independence.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Numanoid wrote:The app store is only reachable inside Music Maker, a user cannot buy addons direct via the Magix site ?
You have to go through the app.
Image Image Image Image

OK, a few observations.

1/. Only Revolta loads in FLStudio as a plugin, the others crash FLStudio. I just copied the revolta folder into one of my (many) plugin locations.

2/. I may have missed it, but I couldn't see a way to add the path of 3rd party plugins from within MMM.

3/. I do know a utility that can be used to get MMM to san and therefore load 3rd party plugins.

4/. The scan of 3rd party plugins crashed MMM on about 20 occasions, but it carries on scanning when you relaunch it. It rejects as errors a fair few plugins, but it does pass many more.

5/. It took about an hour to scan the plugins. (I have a lot !)

6/. When scanning, move the MMM box to one side as it will cover any error messages during the scan and it will just sit there doing nothing.

7/. The plugin list shows only the latter part of the available plugins and I haven't found a way of moving back through the alphabet ! :help: I'm guessing they didn't expect anyone to scan 3700 plugins, lol. Hopefully click http://www.shareimages.com/images/pics/ ... ermmmm.jpg for larger shot.

bob bobwood wrote:OK, a few observations.

1/. Only Revolta loads in FLStudio as a plugin, the others crash FLStudio. I just copied the revolta folder into one of my (many) plugin locations.

2/. I may have missed it, but I couldn't see a way to add the path of 3rd party plugins from within MMM.

3/. I do know a utility that can be used to get MMM to san and therefore load 3rd party plugins.

4/. The scan of 3rd party plugins crashed MMM on about 20 occasions, but it carries on scanning when you relaunch it. It rejects as errors a fair few plugins, but it does pass many more.

5/. It took about an hour to scan the plugins. (I have a lot !)

6/. When scanning, move the MMM box to one side as it will cover any error messages during the scan and it will just sit there doing nothing.

7/. The plugin list shows only the latter part of the available plugins and I haven't found a way of moving back through the alphabet ! :help: I'm guessing they didn't expect anyone to scan 3700 plugins, lol. Hopefully click http://www.shareimages.com/images/pics/ ... ermmmm.jpg for larger shot.
Did you ever find a way to get MMM to use any of your third-party plug-ins? Because if it's effectively a closed system, it's not really worth it, even for "free".

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Yes ! But before I post how to do it, I want to see if anyone else has been able to do it within MMM settings or preferences in case I missed it.

It has scanned and passed over 1000 instrument plugins, but I can only see and select about 250 [in the image in the previous post - showing all those from R to Z]
There are a further 60 instruments beginning with P and Q that I can select by clicking on the extreme left, however I cannot access the hundreds of instruments that range from 0 and A - O, so it looks as if it is going to effectively limit the amount of instruments you can load to 250.

I will post how to do it tomorrow. It's a free utility btw.

Thanks, but do you see this as "worth it"?

I didn't see any VST limitations on the site for any of the versions, so I'm kind of wondering what else is "limited" here. And using a utility to "shoehorn" my plug-ins into this DAW seems more trouble than it's worth.

Is Independence even bundled with it? I have the free version, but they haven't updated that in a couple of years--not since they bought it, really.

Steve

Worth it ? Not for me, as I'm 100% FLStudio DAW wise.

This is just another toy to try out and possibly recommend when someone asks for a free and basic DAW.

I stopped using Independence when I came across Engine2. Back later.

planetearth wrote:What about Independence? That's free and opens ytif files. And Engine should too, anyway, right? I know I've loaded Engine sounds in Independence.
I tried both Engine and Indpedence.

Could not get it to work in either of them.

bob bobwood wrote:This is just another toy to try out and possibly recommend when someone asks for a free and basic DAW.
+1

With the included content it could be a decent enough rompler for live use, but what I find annoying is that it seems not possible to play two or more tracks at once, I mean so that I can not stack patches.

Midi learning is also a chore

I like the FX section though, the X/Y grid is easy to use.

here it just crashes 100% badly, each time I hit "instruments" or "store". And most of the times it hangs at startup, and I have to kill it with the tasks manager. I'm on Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Just erased..been able to tried it once, nice bundled sounds but atm it's unusable.

Numanoid wrote:As the Vita player files are ytif, it would be excellent if Magix also could make those instrument packs available for Engine 2
bob bobwood wrote:I stopped using Independence when I came across Engine2.
Would someone be kind enough to catch me up on this? I own Independence Basic, but I don't have it installed. How does Engine work with MAGIX instruments?

telecharge wrote:How does Engine work with MAGIX instruments?
I can load up the Indepence Basic package into Engine 2

I got Independence regular package (12GB) include with a Music Maker/Samplitude deal a couple of years ago. Unfortuantely that is locked into use with only thoses DAW so I can't use it in Engine 2

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”