Cubase starts without sound and with CPU meter at 0%

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

the title pretty much sums up my problem. There is no other sound related problem on my computer (W7 with a with a Scarlett 18i8) and it only started a few ago. After starting Cubase 8.5 the CPU meter stays quiet and I cannot produce any sound. I have to restart Cubase completely, then it works. But it bothers me anyway.

Does anyone know what's causing this? There where no updates for Cubase or the Scarlett and I don't remember installing any software that affects the sound system except for some VST plugins maybe or the regular Windows updates...

Donno.

Trash the preferences, is all I can say.

That would be the last thing I want to try honestly...

Weirdly, even MIDI signals won't be processed. The MIDI activity meter in the transport panel acts up but the VSTs don't see any MIDI parameters sent to them.

You can temporarily put the preferences on the desktop if you don't want to trash it, or start cubase in safe mode.

rsp
sound sculptist

So, using the safe mode I learned, that it's not the preferences. I guess I will follow the lovely advice from the Steinberg page and reinstall Cubase whenever I'm bored enough to do so...

Thanks guys!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”