Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

You know... I use many, many, many old plugins (made with Synthedit and Synthmaster) which are pure gems but of course only 32-bit compiled. I use them everyday in my 64-bit Mulab (with Jbridge)... and in my 64-bit Reaper (without any need of a bridge). It shows you that you can perfectly mix 32-bit plugins and 64-bit plugins without any hassle in a 64-bit DAW.
8)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

cron wrote:
FathomSynth wrote:Cron, sorry for the delay on the 32 bit pro version, I will be putting that up for sale this weekend with the release.
And yes, the 32 bit version will always have the exact same features.
Its takes no extra effort to build it.
The only warning is that I currently have no way to test it.

That being said, we have several 32 bit mono users and they have had no problems with it,
other than 32 bit machines tending to be slower and for polyphony Fathom really needs the
cpu cycles of a more current machine.
Fantastic! Many thanks. My machine is only 3 years old (heavily overclocked i5), but stuck with a 32 bit DAW (on a 64 bit OS) purely because there are more 32 bit only plugs than 64 only. Beginning to see 64 bit only plugs creep into the market though. I had it in my mind that I'd be using loads of the ancient freeware plugs that I used to use, but as it turns out there's only really xoxos' plug-ins, old and new, that I still use in the 32 bit only world. My next machine (or wipe/reinstall) will be 64 bit with a dedicated xoxos bridge.

Thanks once again for kindly building a 32 bit version. Will check the buy page over the coming days.
+1 :) :hug:

News Update: Code changes are complete for Fathom Version 1.0.2.

There are less features than normal as I am currently working on the Wave Morph design,
but still some important fixes in this build, which will be released today Sunday evening.
Wave Table Morphing will be finished for next week's release 1.0.3.

1.0.2 Features and Fixes:

Mono and Glide modes remember a held MIDI note and return the hold note when a second note is released. The algorithm is tough enough to handle multiple overlapped notes as well as any amount of tapping above or below the hold note. This change was critical for true Mono style performance.

LFO and Envelope Time Period dials now provide both whole and fractional numbers down to very fine precision.

Modulator envelope now remembers the previous Step and Glide profiles so that if you switch between the two Segment Edge modes you do not lose your point locations.

Signal Flow View detects feedback loops and will not allow a connection that produces one, which eliminates the stack overflow problem. The new algorithm performs a deep search and is smart enough to detect a potential feedback loop in highly complex topologies.

Signal Flow View will not allow connection into an oscillator except from another oscillator.

Fixed the bug in which the plugin volume dropped to zero if the Master Volume dial was moved while physically pressing a MIDI note.

Fixed the modulator envelope repeat pattern feature starting from the last point so that it works for Glide as well as Step Segment Edge modes.

Fixed new oscillator connection so that it does not automatically go to FM if the carrier oscillator was already set to AM.

Release will include both mono and pro Windows 32 Bit build.

excellent, thanks
How do we get updates again?

I already bought it when there was no 32-bit Pro version :oops:, so how can I obtain that?

Musical Gym wrote:excellent, thanks
How do we get updates again?
+1000

Because if it's good to have informations on the changes... it is even largely better to enjoy them.
:D :D :D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

KVR Member Software Update Honor System for Fathom.

In the future I will format the original purchase email to contain a pass code to get software updates.

In the meantime for this release, we will just use the honor system for KVR members on the members page.

The members product page will include the paid version which will include the DLL and presets and waveforms folders,
and in addition a free download of the latest polyphonic DLL alone with no preset folders.

When you go there, if you have already purchased a previous version then download the free update,
and if you have not yet purchased the pro version then I will depend on people to buy the pro version first.

My website host tracks the total number of original purchases and as long as the free downloads
does not exceed this number I think it will work.

Most KVR members are developers or sound designers themselves so I think this will work for now.

Went to members section and it asks for password, checked original receipts and there's no mention of any password on there.

How do I access the update?

I don't see it either :(

Hem...
:oops:
FathomSynth wrote:KVR Member Software Update Honor System for Fathom.

In the future I will format the original purchase email to contain a pass code to get software updates.

In the meantime for this release, we will just use the honor system for KVR members on the members page.

The members product page will include the paid version which will include the DLL and presets and waveforms folders,
and in addition a free download of the latest polyphonic DLL alone with no preset folders.

When you go there, if you have already purchased a previous version then download the free update,
and if you have not yet purchased the pro version then I will depend on people to buy the pro version first.

My website host tracks the total number of original purchases and as long as the free downloads
does not exceed this number I think it will work.

Most KVR members are developers or sound designers themselves so I think this will work for now.
I'm the purchaser number 4... but I haven't understood anything of your last message above.
:oops:

I've just tried again the purchase procedure (and with the original "password" you incidentally put in the KVR product page just below the picture) to see if it will allow me to freely download the update with my email address registered as purchaser... but it leads me to a new full purchase.

I don't understand at all the procedure to update the purchased product.

For the moment you have a very few number of customers. So I highly suggest you to send us an email (you have our emails) to give us a link to a secret URL to download the updates in the meanwhile of a next stronger solution. It is perfectly possible by putting the recipient address emails in the hidden recipients of the email.

It is an operation, yes... but it would immediately solve the problem in a single ONE-SENT email for everybody at the same time.

You should consider this extremely simple solution.

And for the future, a very simple and very smart way to manage the updates is the solution chosen by Gunnare Ekornas for his three Memorymoon products. It is very simple: the email sent at the purchase contents simply a secret URL to the updates (an URL which remains permanent... and which is the same for all the customers), no more no less than that, that's all.
:party:
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There is another solution, extremely easy too.

Once the polyphonic payware product is compiled you simply zip it in a usual password protected zip file. With a password of, say... 16 characters for example.

And you leave it accessible to everybody clearly downloadable in the product page itself of you download. Yes, clearly downloadable in the product page itself.

The trick ? It is simply that nobody can't unzip it as long as he hasn't the password.

And when you have a new purchaser... in the email which informs of the success of the payment, you simply give him the password. That's all.

Everybody throughout the world can download the zip file... but only your customers will be able to unzip it, given that they are the only people to have the password. And of course you inform the new purchaser, as usual, that giving the password to anybody else is liable to prosecution.

It is so simple...

And it is not less sure than any other license solution... given that all the solutions have the same reliability except the very strong but very hassle challenge/response.

And there is no need to hassle yourself for the successive updates: you simply update your password-protected zip file which is available on the product page. That's all.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sorry if it's been asked before but are you developping Waveforms morphing or wave morphing?
I mean, is it single circle waveforms morphing like Serum that allows to morph between several single circles or is it morphing of full waves like one "sound" being morphed into another "sound"?

Cheers,
David

Totolitoto wrote:Sorry if it's been asked before but are you developping Waveforms morphing or wave morphing?
I mean, is it single circle waveforms morphing like Serum that allows to morph between several single circles or is it morphing of full waves like one "sound" being morphed into another "sound"?

Cheers,
David
It is wave morphing. A progression of the parameters from a waveform to another waveform, that's all (but that's not simple at all to code). Nothing to do with wavetables (which are tables containing several single-cycle waveforms with a sweep function from the first one to the last one in the table).

Yes I know it's not that simple to code, that's why I asked
Good luck with this one and count on me if you succeed :)

shonky wrote:Went to members section and it asks for password, checked original receipts and there's no mention of any password on there.

How do I access the update?
I don't think he's posted the update yet. He said Sunday evening, presumably eastern standard time.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Return to “Instruments”