VPS Avenger

no there isnt, but we consider this

msvs wrote:no there isnt, but we consider this
Nice to hear.
Thanks for your answer.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

ZaBong69 wrote:
Got a new laptop, now with an Nvidea P3000: No problems at all any more. 6 patches playing chord arps at the same time, 20-40 OSCs each plus delay and reverb, CPU meter sits below 15%! There is now no activity on the GPU or CPU when the plugin is stopped, the GUI itself has no effect on the meter any more.

I could not be happier, but only because, by pure chance, my new laptop is a (a) Porsche with a screen and (b) really likes Avenger. That the choice of graphic card has such an incredible and unpredictable impact on the performance of a synth is still puzzling to me.

Best,

K
More details about your laptop.
such , cpu etc.

Studio One Problem

When I try to record Avenger Mod Wheel movements with the mouse nothing happens.

The other macro knobs/buttons work fine when the mouse movements are recorded.

The top left of my Studio One GUI has a little info panel that shows when a controller is being moved by the mouse.

However, when touching Avenger's mod wheel, the controller info data does not show in the top left panel, as if Studio One wasn't recognising Avenger's mod wheel, ie, the mod wheel movement is invisible to S1.

This is a new thing. It used to work okay, but stopped working an update or so ago.

Suggestions anyone?

Enhancement suggestion

The 2 macro buttons can't be operated with NI's S25 keyboard as it has no on/off buttons, only variable sliders.

So I can't record macro button clicks when playing live.

Is there a fix or workround for NI komplete kontrol keyboard users?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

michaelbrac wrote:
ZaBong69 wrote:
Got a new laptop, now with an Nvidea P3000: No problems at all any more. 6 patches playing chord arps at the same time, 20-40 OSCs each plus delay and reverb, CPU meter sits below 15%! There is now no activity on the GPU or CPU when the plugin is stopped, the GUI itself has no effect on the meter any more.

I could not be happier, but only because, by pure chance, my new laptop is a (a) Porsche with a screen and (b) really likes Avenger. That the choice of graphic card has such an incredible and unpredictable impact on the performance of a synth is still puzzling to me.

Best,

K
such , cpu etc.
Dell Precision 7720, i7 7920HQ (4.1 GHz), 16 gig RAM, 2666MHz DDR4, Nvidea Quadro P3000 with 6GB GDDR5,
2x256GB SSD Class 40, power consumption up to 180W.

Very nice rig. Just about right for either launching your own space mission or playing some chords with Avenger.

ZaBong69 wrote:
michaelbrac wrote:
ZaBong69 wrote:

Best,

K
such , cpu etc.
Dell Precision 7720, i7 7920HQ (4.1 GHz), 16 gig RAM, 2666MHz DDR4, Nvidea Quadro P3000 with 6GB GDDR5,
2x256GB SSD Class 40, power consumption up to 180W.

Very nice rig. Just about right for either launching your own space mission or playing some chords with Avenger.
Sweet

When I try to record Avenger Mod Wheel movements with the mouse nothing happens.
thats normal, since this is a MIDI controller, the host expects external incoming signals. Wont work with mouse

last days for our EASTER -20% prices. On Sunday, the discount will end. If you plan to get Avenger, Expansions or any other plugin, do it now.

@ msvs
I feel really dumb!
I just bought the Psy XP but I can't find any instructions on how to install an expansion in Avenger :(
Could you help please?

Ah, I finally found out how it works!
One must locate the *.avengercontent file from within Avenger (in the FILES Tab).
Then drag the file to the Editor and Avenger imports the xpansion.
I had previously tried to drag and drop the file from Windows Explorer, and this did not work.
Last edited by teacue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

teacue wrote:@ msvs
I feel really dumb!
I just bought the Psy XP but I can't find any instructions on how to install an expansion in Avenger :(
Could you help please?
If is zip file, unzip it - you have to get a big file called something like "Psy.avengercontent". Then open avenger and either:
- drag & drop the big file into avenger's window
or
- in Avenger go to SYS tab, select the second sub-tab CONTENT, press [IMPORT CONTENT] button and navigate to the folder you have placed the big .avengercontent file and select that file

@ sircuit

Thanks for your explanations :-)
I just found out how it works in the moment you posted ;-)
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

msvs
e: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

msvs thats normal, since this is a MIDI controller, the host expects external incoming signals. Wont work with mouse
Hmmm ... seems strange.

All my other synths can record mouse-operated mod wheel movements

And S1 can record my Avenger macro knob mouse movements.

These are all examples of midi controllers that S1 can record from mouse movements.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

All my other synths can record mouse-operated mod wheel movements
really? As real MIDI Modwheel CC?
And S1 can record my Avenger macro knob mouse movements.
the Macros have nothing to do with MIDI, they are normal knobs, which send out automation data

new update!

- added support for WAV samples in 32bit PCM format.
- shortcut: now its possible to delete an envelope point with left click ALT
- selecting a mod source on the small triangle symbol will reveal the mod-source in the GUI (zooming red crosshair rectangle)
- OSC Wavetable envelope can now be used as modulation source for other targets than the osc it belongs to
- fixed: adding a source via the " "-button in the modmatrix is working again
- fixed: masterfilter will now load its settings in a project correctly
- pitch envelope did affect OSCs, even if it was not activated in the routing. This if fixed now
- after converting a multisample, the sample was not available in the stacker menu (" " button) directly. This is fixed
- fixed: changing the length of a looping modenvelope during playback lead to a "jumping" playbackposition
- fixed some memory leaks
- fixed a rare crash when a pitch envelope / mod envelope used a mode that used "release"

Return to “Instruments”