Under talked about DAWS

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmmm what is this DAW? Swar Studio

I didn't see it on the list.

http://www.swarsystems.com/SwarStudio/

chk071 wrote: Thanks, you're really giving me hope and motivation to try. :)
That's great, Blender is really quite capable and worthwhile. I've
been using it off and on, for nearly 20 years, along side 3D software
that costs hideous amounts of money (not mine fortunately :D ).
You definitely can not go wrong with Blender.

-Cheers

why all this talking about Blender? it's a 3D program surely..( i know you can import some basic audio into it, but that doesn't make it a DAW?)

I was just commenting on Blender because it was mentioned.
Technically though, Blender has a multi-track audio sequencer
that can draw waveforms, automate pitch, volume, pan and trim duration.
Also mix an unlimited number of tracks.

So primitive DAW = yes :)

Sagan Metro 7.

Caustic

Caustic is truly fun. FLStudio Mobile is shaping up pretty well too.

If your thinking about reaper; make a different choice!
After they get your money they don't want any contact with you, I guess that is there version of customer service...

sickamorz wrote:If your thinking about reaper; make a different choice!
After they get your money they don't want any contact with you, I guess that is there version of customer service...
The Reaper forum is the most helpful audio forum out there. Post your problem there and it's sure to get some attention.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Logic Pro is sometimes spoken about here, not always in the best light. Perhaps the majority is on Windows, but look what Apple has done with Emagic's sequencer, and there are no annual upgrade fees. We've been on Logic Pro X since 2013, and even with the Alchemy addition, a synthesizer that previously went for more than LPX costs, not a hint of additional charges.

Put that in Charlie's pipe and smoke it.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

My first favorite DAW was Tracktion. It became somewhat abandoned for a long time, so I largely moved onto other things, but the latest version is very impressive and addresses a lot of the idiosyncrasies that people either loved or hated about it. For one thing, they added a proper mixer, so you're not forced to use their original console free paradigm.

do_androids_dream wrote:
The Reaper forum is the most helpful audio forum out there. Post your problem there and it's sure to get some attention.
:lol:

No.

do_androids_dream wrote:
I like Reaper a lot but it's not my only DAW. However, it's probably not for people who need a lot of handholding.

Other than "evil dragon" those forums are a satans pit. He's the only knowledgeable, sane person.

incubus wrote:Other than "evil dragon" those forums are a satans pit. He's the only knowledgeable, sane person.
That statement tells me you have no clue what you're talking about..
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”