Studio One 3.5 Released.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

• Multi-processing enhancements for improved CPU balancing
And they said it didn't need optimising

Damn, finally fixed the CPU issues .... Only took em how many years now ?

Guys, stop it. Studio one was PERFECT and you are just trolls for mentioning cpu use.

I'm not f**king bitter about it. :hihi:

It's pretty close to perfect now in my eyes...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This program just keeps getting better and better!!!! Kudos to Presonus.

kb420 wrote:This program just keeps getting better and better!!!! Kudos to Incubus.
FTFY
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Finally had time to test it out a bit. CPU spikes seem to bi finally fixed which is amazing. Also the new Fat Channel XT is amazing. Lovin' the new Pultec EQ emulation. And all that for free is amazing as well.

Excellent update, big thanks to PreSonus peep's
Say NO to CLAP!

I was expecting some good news this week so am glad
about S1 3.5. It would be an even better week for FL studio 12.5
and Reaper 5.5 were to be released so that I can decide which
will become my main or one and only DAW.

Glad that S1 is no longer a processor hog. Well it least less than
it used to be.

Great update and all of that is for free :tu:

The CPU usage is great now, but I needed to disable ''Multi Cores" in the plugins (Dune 2, Diva, ..etc).

The Fat channel XT looks so great! I'm eager to try the Vintage/Tube EQ/Compressor. If they sound good as they look, then Studio One might be my choice of No.1 DAW because the investment in it really pays off in the end it seems :D

BojanKerkez wrote:I will have to look into it more closely, maybe I'm missing something, but so far Dropout protection seems pretty much useless. If set to above anything but Low and "Enable low latency monitoring for instruments" is checked, CPU meter gets slammed at 100% and switching between tracks stops the sound for a moment. And most importantly, VST instruments cannot be played at all. But when "Enable low..." is not checked, the CPU utilisation, according to the meter, actually seems lower for about 15-20%. But I still get dropouts in more complex parts of a song if Device block size is set lower than 512 samples (~14ms input latency on my crappy soundcard). So, on my setup at least, no sign of "smashing latency" whatsoever. But it would be interesting to see how things work on more powerful computers (especially 6-and-more-core Ryzens) and with soundcards better than mine.
I've been experiencing similar results, but not as severe. My CPU utilation is easily 20 - 30% improved across the board. Projects that used to tax my CPU's first core and reach up into high 60s and 70s (S1 Performance Monitor) are now settled down to a comfortable 35 - 45%.

At lower buffers like 512 or less, I still have lots of CPU spikes, but not as severe as it was in all versions preceding this current 3.5 release. At 1024 & 2048, the system is snappier and more responsive with greatly stabalized and lowered CPU stress. I'm using a PreSonus 44VSL, which is a rather sluggish USB 2.0 interface. Its well-built and provides excellent audio quality, but unfortunately, it doesn't provide low latencies.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Kalamata Kid wrote:I was expecting some good news this week so am glad
Well the first beta of FL studio 12.5 was released saturday,the Final release wont be out for atleast some months

Subbase wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:I was expecting some good news this week so am glad
Well the first beta of FL studio 12.5 was released saturday,the Final release wont be out for atleast some months
Thanks, Too bad it will not be sooner. :(
In any case I suspect there is no ARA support so FLS will not be my main DAW. :(

But on the brighter side S1 3.5 is fantastic! :)

The only alternative to S1 for me is Sonar and Samplitude and both have ARA support.

Zexila wrote:
kb420 wrote:This program just keeps getting better and better!!!! Kudos to Incubus.
FTFY
:lol:

Hey, I'm happy for ya. Just pissed that I was trolled all that time (even though I was one of hundreds)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”