VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

ATN69 wrote:
musiclover55547 wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
1wob2many wrote:I coulda been a contender.
Doing it.
The length and absurdity of this thread, after many replies, makes me realize how much more professional (and there are exceptions) gearslutz is compared with this site. Hive is a good synthesizer, so is Sylenth, so is Spire, et al but the off-topic, often granular nature of the comments presented here is astonishing. It's amazing anyone actually produces music. Heck it's amazing anyone actually designs sounds.
Some times I doubt that some of the strongest commentators at KVR actually produce Music or design any sounds :hihi: I never Heard any Music produced by those folks and judging from the amount of time they put into argue at KVR I doubt they have time for anything else :D Seems to be professional trolls and not musicians.
With all the people here who hate me, I'm not sure if you're referring to me or not but here's all the music I've done in just the last 10 months.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -originals

Forget what I did in the 40 years prior.

So some of us "trolls" actually DO make music.

Lots of it.

ATN69 wrote:
musiclover55547 wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
1wob2many wrote:I coulda been a contender.
Doing it.
The length and absurdity of this thread, after many replies, makes me realize how much more professional (and there are exceptions) gearslutz is compared with this site. Hive is a good synthesizer, so is Sylenth, so is Spire, et al but the off-topic, often granular nature of the comments presented here is astonishing. It's amazing anyone actually produces music. Heck it's amazing anyone actually designs sounds.
Some times I doubt that some of the strongest commentators at KVR actually produce Music or design any sounds :hihi: I never Heard any Music produced by those folks and judging from the amount of time they put into argue at KVR I doubt they have time for anything else :D Seems to be professional trolls and not musicians.
I think so. I don't even like music, why would I ever create it? Makes no sense. I just like to be cranky and scratch my ass while talking about transistors.

How about that 2N2222, <sounds of ass scratching can be heard in the background>

Hey Steven, I wasn't referring to you :D ..and I know you proved by all your posts that you really are into Music, also at OCS. No, I aimed at those guy's who come to KVR and filling every topic with their opinions, stirring up conflicts and argue their butts off just as a sport. Some of them have not (to my knowledge) uploaded or shared any of their Music, or sound design, or plugins they made. It just makes me wonder if there are non musician trolls running around here at KVR.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:Hey Steven, I wasn't referring to you :D ..and I know you proved by all your posts that you really are into Music, also at OCS. No, I aimed at those guy's who come to KVR and filling every topic with their opinions, stirring up conflicts and argue their butts off just as a sport. Some of them have not (to my knowledge) uploaded or shared any of their Music, or sound design, or plugins they made. It just makes me wonder if there are non musician trolls running around here at KVR.
Non-musician, non-plugin-makin, non-sound-designin trolls! amiright!

Now, let's get back to talking about Hive, or something other than other people at any rate.

ATN69 wrote:Hey Steven, I wasn't referring to you :D ..and I know you proved by all your posts that you really are into Music, also at OCS. No, I aimed at those guy's who come to KVR and filling every topic with their opinions, stirring up conflicts and argue their butts off just as a sport. Some of them have not (to my knowledge) uploaded or shared any of their Music, or sound design, or plugins they made. It just makes me wonder if there are non musician trolls running around here at KVR.
I don't know. I think some people just enjoy being confrontational. I actually try to avoid confrontations. But when people here start ragging on me, I admit, I lose it. I know I should just ignore them but I can't. But why anybody not into this stuff would spend any time here is beyond me. I mean I have no interest in needlepoint so I don't hang out at needlepoint forums bitching about the latest cross stitch.

ghettosynth wrote:

Now, let's get back to talking about Hive, or something other than other people at any rate.
Funny how you felt urged to comment on this :lol: ..sure I agree, let's talk about Hive that happens to be one of my favourite synths.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ghettosynth wrote:

Do you know what I find interesting about Hive? The same thing I find interesting about 99% of the synths discussed here with very few exceptions. It seems to be such a polarizing piece of software. In fact, it boggles my mind that people get so passionate about this stuff. I mean when you think about it, all of these synths essentially serve the purpose of making music. I can understand arguing about what kind of music is "good" and "bad" because we've been doing that as long as I can remember. But some of the comments about some of these synths, you'd think they were made with the scraps of a McDonald's Happy Meal. I mean for crying out loud, it's a sound generator. It's not the answer to world piece.

And if something truly does have a poor sound (as if we can even define what poor sound is given some of the stuff I've heard on the EDM playlists) so what? Who cares? Don't like the synth? Don't buy it. But all this venom is mind boggling.

ATN69 wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

Funny how you felt urged to comment on this :lol: ..sure I agree, let's talk about Hive that happens to be one of my favourite synths.
It's funny because I'm obviously trying to be funny, you got that right?

ghettosynth wrote:
ATN69 wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

It's funny because I'm obviously trying to be funny, you got that right?
I can tell you then that you succeded because I LMAO here :lol:

wagtunes wrote:But some of the comments about some of these synths, you'd think they were made with the scraps of a McDonald's Happy Meal.
I'm not sure this comment even makes sense but I think it's genius! :D :lol:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Nurse! Bring the pliers. Somebody seems to have got their head stuck up their backside again.

(A few posts further up).

spunkmuffin wrote:
wagtunes wrote:But some of the comments about some of these synths, you'd think they were made with the scraps of a McDonald's Happy Meal.
Indeed. It perfectly describes how I feel about the way some people sometimes talk about my work, and that of my colleagues in other companies.

wagtunes wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

Do you know what I find interesting about Hive? The same thing I find interesting about 99% of the synths discussed here with very few exceptions. It seems to be such a polarizing piece of software.
I disagree, I think that you're reading too much into the responses. For me, at least, almost all synths are average, hence, uninteresting. You shouldn't read that as "hate" or polarizing? I don't understand how people interpret "not impressed" as "ragging on" or "slamming" a product? You're too old to be a millennial so I know that you didn't grow up with participation awards for everything.

Urs wrote:
spunkmuffin wrote:
Indeed. It perfectly describes how I feel about the way some people sometimes talk about my work, and that of my colleagues in other companies.
Having rediscovered electronic music making after a break of 23 years (!), I am totally blown away by the work of you synth and DSP programmers. I did my share of programming in my life, but what is done there is insane.

Just imagine your last memory using a Roland midi expander and an Atari ST, and then getting Ableton and Hive (which was one of my first commercial soft synths). I genuinely had a culture shock.

Any complaints on the sound quality of the current crop of top soft synths can be safely filed under first world problems. Seriously, If I ever met you, Steve Duda, or Richard from Synapse in person, each of you get a beer just for the great time I had in the last two years with your stuff. Or two, I am a thirsty guy myself.

I am sorry your work sometimes does not get the respect it deserves, but I would not put too much weight on negative comments here at KVRaudio.

Yeah, U-He synths are top notch, also sound designers gathered around them. :party:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “Instruments”