Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Definition of Rompler appears to be that one cannot generate sound from scratch, you definitely must start with a prefab sample.
So Kontakt, anything Kontakt seems to fit that. A DX7 is an excellent example of something you might start from Init, regardless of it coming with ROM cartridges and programs someone made at the factory.

SonicCouture takes, for instance a Fender Rhodes apart and deconstructs it, literally; and you use the new Kontakt 5 filters on it, and it's a very lively synthesizer-seeming thing. I feature that people hear it in my music and here's some synth work. So. While I wouldn't look to IK for SonicCouture-quality detailed sound design we're in this sort of newer realm where the term Rompler seems to deprecate a product because of the past and it seems inadequate to some of us.

(I'm not real interested in this for a number of reasons, I'm not that into the past first of all. Then it does a number of 'faithless' things to the original that kind of turn me off. I have some def. more fascinating things I haven't done much with anyway.)

murnau wrote:
jancivil wrote:
waltercruz wrote:DX7, in a sense, was a preset machine.
In a sense? No, it was a fully programmable synthesizer. Your post makes no sense.
I think he wanted to point out that for most users FM was to inticrate therefore they used it as preset machine.
Well, in my edit I address that, then everything one doesn't program but rely on presets is a preset machine "in a sense". It isn't a definition of a DX7 and the context is <here is a Rompler product> and DX7 isn't, it is a real synthesizer with an 'initialize', literally start from scratch setting.

ghettosynth wrote:
murnau wrote:
jancivil wrote:
In a sense? No, it was a fully programmable synthesizer. Your post makes no sense.
I think he wanted to point out that for most users FM was to inticrate therefore they used it as preset machine.
Yes, statistically, it was a preset machine. In fact, it even spawned the whole third party patch industry really.
"Statistically", LOL. By definition it's a synthesizer. Is defining things correctly too pedantic now. FFS.

wagtunes wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
murnau wrote:
jancivil wrote:
Yes, statistically, it was a preset machine. In fact, it even spawned the whole third party patch industry really.
Yep, cause nobody around these parts knew what to do with that damn thing. Took me years to finally figure out FM synthesis and I still hate the DX7 interface.
Around what parts? Are we in Dullsville yet?

jancivil wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
murnau wrote:
jancivil wrote:
"Statistically", LOL. By definition it's a synthesizer. Is defining things correctly too pedantic now. FFS.
Nobody's trying to sell a DX7 so it's definition doesn't matter. Cmon, catch up, I know you can.

ghettosynth wrote:
murnau wrote:
jancivil wrote:
^ this

This thread is funny, but familiar :hihi:

jancivil wrote:Definition of Rompler appears to be that one cannot generate sound from scratch, you definitely must start with a prefab sample.
The definition of a ROMpler is an instrument which comes pre-loaded with samples burned into ROM chips, instead of letting you sample your own sounds. Hence the name, ROMpler.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

jancivil wrote:Well, in my edit I address that, then everything one doesn't program but rely on presets is a preset machine "in a sense".
Yes, "in a sense". I just imagine Dexed with a double-spaced liquid crystal display. Yikes! :lol:

Seriously of course you are right: It somehow makes no sense in this thread and context to sophisticate things but i'm pretty sure 99% here know that the DX7 is a FM synth.

P.S. Should we ask Peter for free copies because we keeping the thread on top the whole time? :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:i'm pretty sure 99% here know that the DX7 is a FM synth.
Cue the thread going off on another tangent...

I have a question to IKM...if its being presented as flexible im confused why not to include these features:

1. You can turn on osc 2 but cant mix it?
2. No mod envelope. Come on even older samplers have that, and some even mod matrix (directwave). Why you didnt thought of adding these generic features? It would open much more posibilities to tweak the sound.
3. Modulate effects. Again - more possibilities.

I really think this could have much more potential and im so eager to know is it lazynes of the developer or what. It feels like you guys decided not to take an extra step to make this really a little bit more then preset machine :(
Other then that its foolish to do that even from buisiness perspective because you will loose potential customers (1 is already lost) :?

Long time Ik customer, but not going to preorder this even with cross grade discounts and jam points. Will wait for demo and listen first. 50Gb of vintage samples in 2017 where everything must be small and fast because the world is mobile now. I simply don't have another 50Gb on my 512 ssd drive. Modo was a brilliant product. This one looks disappointing. I think world needs more modeled products. Not this gigabytes of samples.

Elektronisch wrote:I have a question to IKM...if its being presented as flexible im confused why not to include these features:

2. No mod envelope. Come on even older samplers have that, and some even mod matrix (directwave). Why you didnt thought of adding these generic features? It would open much more posibilities to tweak the sound.

I really think this could have much more potential and im so eager to know is it lazynes of the developer or what. It feels like you guys decided not to take an extra step to make this really a little bit more then preset machine :(
Other then that its foolish to do that even from buisiness perspective because you will loose potential customers (1 is already lost) :?
If the effects are based on Amplitube and T-Racks effects, they'll have some modulation built in, but that is a great idea. Some kind of modulation sequencer and a few MSEGs and complex LFOs would always be welcome. Even if that's not ready at launch, I'd hope that IK might consider that at some later date.

[edit] After writing that, I thought of the modulation options in Sandman Pro... a kick ass plugin... that cost me more than Syntronik. :oops:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

1wob2many wrote:
murnau wrote:i'm pretty sure 99% here know that the DX7 is a FM synth.
Cue the thread going off on another tangent...
Hopefully not. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Elektronisch wrote:I have a question to IKM...if its being presented as flexible im confused why not to include these features:

1. That is correct. It is the same as an OB-Xa and Prophet-5 with a simple on/off switch. We set the level of Osc 2 behind the scenes.

For the other questions/comments quoted above [edit - as well as for the whole "they're not calling it a rompler and not representing the product for what it is, which is completely incorrect - I've been upfront about what Syntronik is and does here and there's lots of available information elsewhere]: The point continues that - as I've pointed out already, possibly more than once here - this is not at all meant to be a ground-up sound design instrument. Some in the thread may be missing the point if that's what is desired after reading and hearing what's available about Syntronik and my responses here explaining and not representing Syntronik as such a tool.

This is a collection of classic and iconic synthesizer sounds with a carefully-crafted easy-to-use interface. It is not intended for someone who wants to create infinite synthesizer sounds from scratch. We have all the parameters in the world that we could expose if we wanted to, but it would make the interface a lot more difficult to use and generally undesirable for most people. We have chosen the provide the most popular controls so users can edit our sounds quickly and easily. But (again) this is not the product for someone that wants a total control synthesizer with a mod matrix, etc.

Return to “Instruments”