Studio One 3.5 Released.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I'm sure there'll be a fix soon though, if it affects many (Mac) users, so, it probably would be a good idea to give it another go after that, if you want. AFAIC, the 3.5 update was just released, and, there'll surely be some bug fixing, after implementing a couple of "groundbreaking" new features.

simmo75 wrote:I thought i'd download Studio One 3.5 Pro and give it a demo as I've been hearing such amazing things.
I cannot even open it on Mac Sierra, it crashes within seconds of start up. I don't have any problems with Ableton Live, Bitwig, Reaper or Logic but for some reason this just crashes almost immediately, every time... Any ideas?
With the DAW's you already got, you don't need another... enjoy them

pdxindy wrote:
simmo75 wrote:I thought i'd download Studio One 3.5 Pro and give it a demo as I've been hearing such amazing things.
I cannot even open it on Mac Sierra, it crashes within seconds of start up. I don't have any problems with Ableton Live, Bitwig, Reaper or Logic but for some reason this just crashes almost immediately, every time... Any ideas?
Absolutely :tu:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Noone needs more than one DAW i guess. The trick is to find the right one. :P

I'm on mac I have no problem here people. I have over 600 plugin. Yes I said it over 600 and all is good. UAD, waves, arturia, native instruments nomad factory plugin alliance slate what the F I got them all and they got scanned crashed with those I install for free like Gvst. Other than that :party: with Studio one people.

Maybe you guys should also specify which version of MacOS you have. Maybe the problem is with a specific one.

Check the Presonus forums or contact support. I thought I read on their forums that there are issues with 10.9.5. There may be a workaround. If anything, I'd expect a certain 3.5.1 in a week or two.

gas pump wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
gas pump wrote:
simmo75 wrote: EDIT: its crashing on every other plugin i own now in the vst2's.. Weird!
What a ball ache, it's obviously an issue with S1 3.5 so i'll pass, just not worth the time.
Common denominator, your system.
The other DAWs on my system work just fine, not a single crash whilst scanning. So I'm not buying it's my system. Thanks though.
Well the plugins work on other peoples' system, so it's simply a math problem.

I'm also on a Mac, though I'm running El Capitan, and I have the same problem -- it's not just this guy. It's never just one guy, when it comes to S1 and Macs, there have been issues since...well, forever. But now it's Baaaad, because it doesn't work at all.

Studio one crashes on startup every single time. It doesn't get past plug-in scan. None of my other DAWs have this problem. I do not feel like testing 1 by 1 among the hundreds of plugins I have installed on this system. S1 should be able, like every other DAW I run (ableton, logic, renoise, maschine) to START UP without crashing entirely.

I could send my five millionth tech support ticket to Presonus, but you know what? f**k it, I'm done. The list of issues with Macs is just too long (should we talk about the CPU spikes again?). Nobody needs this kind of trouble. I think it's straight to the marketplace; I've sold it once already before, then bought it during a half-off sale (yup, fool me once....) to do a specific project, and now I think it's time to recoup that cash.

-M

oh, and for those saying / thinking the "doesn't startup on Mac" is just one or two guys here:

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=25665

A whole thread of Mac users who can't open the program at all. Nice work, Presonus!

-M

pdxindy wrote:
Thanks, I do really enjoy them, I only use Ableton Live and Bitwig but I'm a music tech teacher at community college so I have to use multiple DAWs. I'll wait and see if there's a fix soon.

VST2 and VST3 scanning in S1 3.5 OSX is a piece of s#^t fullstop

chk071 wrote:Noone needs more than one DAW i guess. The trick is to find the right one. :P
No kidding. It's like do I need two different apps like Premiere or 2 or more After Effects to create videos. I suspect switching DAW's is a procrastination tool...
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

TBH, i mostly can't decide whether to use S1 or Cubase too. :oops: "Procrastination tool". Hmm... maybe.

mholloway wrote:
gas pump wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
gas pump wrote:
simmo75 wrote: EDIT: its crashing on every other plugin i own now in the vst2's.. Weird!
What a ball ache, it's obviously an issue with S1 3.5 so i'll pass, just not worth the time.
Common denominator, your system.
The other DAWs on my system work just fine, not a single crash whilst scanning. So I'm not buying it's my system. Thanks though.
Well the plugins work on other peoples' system, so it's simply a math problem.

I'm also on a Mac, though I'm running El Capitan, and I have the same problem -- it's not just this guy. It's never just one guy, when it comes to S1 and Macs, there have been issues since...well, forever. But now it's Baaaad, because it doesn't work at all.

Studio one crashes on startup every single time. It doesn't get past plug-in scan. None of my other DAWs have this problem. I do not feel like testing 1 by 1 among the hundreds of plugins I have installed on this system. S1 should be able, like every other DAW I run (ableton, logic, renoise, maschine) to START UP without crashing entirely.

I could send my five millionth tech support ticket to Presonus, but you know what? f**k it, I'm done. The list of issues with Macs is just too long (should we talk about the CPU spikes again?). Nobody needs this kind of trouble. I think it's straight to the marketplace; I've sold it once already before, then bought it during a half-off sale (yup, fool me once....) to do a specific project, and now I think it's time to recoup that cash.

-M
Why did you buy it a second time if you knew their were issues and you had a hard time with this DAW. You could have waited and read feedback on the current release or more importantly wait to download a demo of 3.5 to see if it worked on your computer? I demoed reason for three weeks. It ran good on my computer and then I bought it. I tried DP and it crashed crazy on my computer. I did not buy it after that.

I think I'm on magical mac 40 virtual instruments which are heavy in CPU 1.5ms latency. I love you Presonus. There is no need to buy a new computer if my late mac mini 2012 i7 16gb RAM gives me that. Image

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”