Halion 6 or Falcon?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Falcon HALion 7

BBFG# wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:I would say UVI is very aware of all these sentiments... You just need to let this go. :)
Change comes from voicing there is a need (and market) for it.
Maybe it's the PACE lovers that need to let it go and let us continue to 'petition' the company that feel they could do better without them.
As I said, I'm not really talking to you.

UVI presents another non-pace option, I'll own both.
It is as simple as that.
Whether or not PACE is a "parasite" -and I have no informed opinion either way- there are a lot of really great plugins which require it. You can choose to forgoe all of those awesome tools, or you can choose to accept PACE and just deal with any potential compromises it might introduce.

I'm on the other side- I have lots of iLok plugins, Falcon included, but don't own an eLicenser dongle. The only things I'd be interested in would be Halion and Padshop Pro. So far I've resisted, but some of the features in Halion 6 are pretty tempting. Really, the only thing holding me back is the inconvenience of having to actually buy the dongle, wait for it to arrive, and then buy the plugins. Sometimes laziness can overpower GAS.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:I would say UVI is very aware of all these sentiments... You just need to let this go. :)
Change comes from voicing there is a need (and market) for it.
Maybe it's the PACE lovers that need to let it go and let us continue to 'petition' the company that feel they could do better without them.
As I said, I'm not really talking to you.

UVI presents another non-pace option, I'll own both.
It is as simple as that.
Whether or not PACE is a "parasite" -and I have no informed opinion either way- there are a lot of really great plugins which require it. You can choose to forgoe all of those awesome tools, or you can choose to accept PACE and just deal with any potential compromises it might introduce.

I'm on the other side- I have lots of iLok plugins, Falcon included, but don't own an eLicenser dongle. The only things I'd be interested in would be Halion and Padshop Pro. So far I've resisted, but some of the features in Halion 6 are pretty tempting. Really, the only thing holding me back is the inconvenience of having to actually buy the dongle, wait for it to arrive, and then buy the plugins. Sometimes laziness can overpower GAS.
And I consider your comment to be a fair and valid point.
(Although I don't think that to "just deal with any potential compromises" is really an argument in their favor.)
If Falcon was something that sparked little interest in me like so many other 'pace-laden-ed' products I see in the market, I would completely ignore it too. The fact is, it does impress me. Just not enough to ever deal with PACE-EDEN again. I can equally understand anyone with great investment in them to want one system or another, and not be forced into owning both.

starflakeprj wrote:
otristan wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I would be happy with .tun file import.
Next version of Falcon will have a basic .tun suport
Tuning and Exact Tuning sections which seems to be the most used stuff.
otristan, do you have a roadmap for Falcon 2, or is it too early to say? :)
There is currently no timeline for Falcon 2.
Right now we prefer to do free updates where we add sounds/modules over the time.
Falcon is not the cheapest synth (I still feel it's right priced though) so this is our way of thanking people buying it.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

deastman wrote:
I'm on the other side- I have lots of iLok plugins, Falcon included, but don't own an eLicenser dongle. The only things I'd be interested in would be Halion and Padshop Pro.
Neither require a dongle ("USB eLicenser"), only a software eLicenser.

otristan wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
otristan wrote:
Right now we prefer to do free updates where we add sounds/modules over the time.
Falcon is not the cheapest synth (I still feel it's right priced though) so this is our way of thanking people buying it.
Thats sounds nice, otristan. I think the price of Falcon is ok.

otristan wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
otristan wrote:
I definitely prefer free updates to a new version :tu:

Return to “Instruments”