I need a new modular host plugin...details inside

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote:
Clearscreen wrote:Blue Cat's patch work?

Maybe, I don't believe that it has a U/I designer.

I posted this in the wrong thread:

With respect to Synthedit, I spoke too soon. It's still in beta and there are really severe limitations with the current 64bit host that means it won't work for this particular need. Although, it seems that it is at least able to create 64 bit plugins now, woot!

I looked again at bidule, it's gui designer is terrible.

Ugh, this is a bit frustrating TBH. I'm getting the sense that there really isn't anything that ticks all of the boxes. I might have to settle for some hybrid solution.

Is there an open source VST host that loads Waves plugins?
I have also looked for a modular host that can host VST's and is also a VST.
For the time being Bidule is the answer but the GUI does not invite you to enter.

Hollyhock 3 soon to be released if it was a VST this would be a dream come true. And yea like you I cannot get my head wrapped around it. But the feature set is great and would be willing to spend the time and learn to use it. But as someone said above I can use Usine 5 Pro as a VSTi but this will never be updated. Too bad!

If Studio One 3.5 becomes my main DAW then I will use Multi-Instrument.

I would prefer FL Studio and Patcher (love Pathcher) but FLS has no ARA support for Melodine.

There's a pretty advanced JS plugin that might be worth checking depending on your specific requirements:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=182233

.jon wrote:There's a pretty advanced JS plugin that might be worth checking depending on your specific requirements:

Looks useful, but of course, Reaper only. Still, I'll check it out.

While looking through the video comments, I saw a reference to nyrv agent, has anyone used that? I'll pick up the CM version of it later and try it out.

I suspect that agent doesn't allow feedback, neither does Reaper, of course, AFAIK.

New sonic arts freestyle ?

Blue Cats host is mature and very reliable.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:New sonic arts freestyle ?

Reliability is a key concern, but, that's not a particularly flexible host. Does BlueCat ever do sales, e.g., Black Friday sales?

ghettosynth wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:New sonic arts freestyle ?

Reliability is a key concern, but, that's not a particularly flexible host. Does BlueCat ever do sales, e.g., Black Friday sales?
Yes they do, a what regularity IDK
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Did anyone mention NYRV Agent?

http://nyrvaudio.com

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Did anyone mention NYRV Agent?

http://nyrvaudio.com
In fact, I did, a few posts ago. I thought that I might have to buy another copy of CM magazine to get the CM version but I checked my vault and my copy purchased from November last year has it right there. You have to love CM magazine.

Doing the plugin scan now, we'll see how reliable it is and whether it will work for me. I doubt that it has feedback and of course the CM version is limited to 8 plugins. The full version is on sale right now, which is good because the regular price is just insane.

ghettosynth wrote:
.jon wrote:There's a pretty advanced JS plugin that might be worth checking depending on your specific requirements:

While looking through the video comments, I saw a reference to nyrv agent, has anyone used that? I'll pick up the CM version of it later and try it out.

I suspect that agent doesn't allow feedback, neither does Reaper, of course, AFAIK.
I understood functionality in Reaper was a necessity? Reaper allows feedback, but not sure if it was possible inside an FX rack, iirc it can be enabled in the settings for at least between tracks. I'm an ex-reaper user, but occasionally still follow the project via the forum should it somehow miraculously change for the better, and that JS plugin shows real promise imo.

VSTForx?

ghettosynth wrote:
Doing the plugin scan now, we'll see how reliable it is and whether it will work for me. I doubt that it has feedback and of course the CM version is limited to 8 plugins.

A bit off topic but I hope nobody minds.

I tried the CM version but no matter what it turns everything into mono, please let me know if you can send a stereo track thru it without any issue.

ghettosynth wrote:Mulab MUX: Won't load Waves plugins, this is a deal breaker.
Worked on my end (didn't try recently though) - but every rig is different. Maybe file this as bug with MuTools? Jo is really responsive.

ghettosynth wrote:Although I like a lot about this there are two minor points that I would like to improve on. 1) I would like to be able to use feedback.
You can. The module is called "Modular Feedback Delay", you can find it in Modules, Audio Processors.

Sadly though, you can't set that up to 0ms delay. But this is the only "feedback" type so far. And you can load another plugin or MUX container with it.

ghettosynth wrote:2) I would like to be able to define panels that use my own filmstrips for knobs and other panel elements.
I'd like to see more UI design features as well.
Maybe a FR is due?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

.jon wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

I understood functionality in Reaper was a necessity? Reaper allows feedback, but not sure if it was possible inside an FX rack, iirc it can be enabled in the settings for at least between tracks. I'm an ex-reaper user, but occasionally still follow the project via the forum should it somehow miraculously change for the better, and that JS plugin shows real promise imo.
Hmm, actually, I didn't know that. It has always disabled my tracks when I have routings with feedback. I'll look.

Yes, functioning in Reaper was required, but I should have been more clear. I also need it to function in Cubase, perhaps Reason, and Live.

Reaper, like Waves plugins, seems to be something of an afterthought to many developers.

Compyfox wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Mulab MUX: Won't load Waves plugins, this is a deal breaker.
Worked on my end (didn't try recently though) - but every rig is different. Maybe file this as bug with MuTools? Jo is really responsive.

ghettosynth wrote:Although I like a lot about this there are two minor points that I would like to improve on. 1) I would like to be able to use feedback.
You can. The module is called "Modular Feedback Delay", you can find it in Modules, Audio Processors.

Sadly though, you can't set that up to 0ms delay. But this is the only "feedback" type so far. And you can load another plugin or MUX container with it.

ghettosynth wrote:2) I would like to be able to define panels that use my own filmstrips for knobs and other panel elements.
I'd like to see more UI design features as well.
Maybe a FR is due?
Thanks for your feedback. I started a thread about Waves in MUX and Jo didn't seem to think that it was an important issue. It just doesn't work for me. Did it load the Waves Shell? Or, did you use one of the shell->vst converters? Not being able to have 0ms feedback settings isn't a dealbreaker. I mostly want that feature for delay based special effects in the first place.

In fact, not having the special U/I elements is also not a dealbreaker. If MUX loaded Waves plugins and I can use feedback, I'd just standardize on it.

svrc wrote:VSTForx?
+ Eleventy twelve

:tu:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”