RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

--
Last edited by Benjamin923 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This thread is 1 year old and I bought it in last Dec. Correct me if I am wrong that up until now, it only released 2 minor updates (For Win)?

cowby wrote:This thread is 1 year old and I bought it in last Dec. Correct me if I am wrong that up until now, it only released 2 minor updates (For Win)?
Still a bit time until 1 year anniversary, the thread was created on October 03 : )
The updates were mostly minor fixes, yes. Since then it's constantly been worked on. Soon there will be a bigger update 1.1.0 with a completely new oscillator source browser and import, also optimized load times. Here's a small preview. After that release the sizeable GUI is the next big thing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

One could argue that longer incremental updates with more features is a better way to go (comapred to shorter update cycles with less features/fixes). One of the best approaches I've seen is longer larger-scope releases with emergency releases for critial bug fixes. A license should include all updates to the product, and also license transfer supported with no or minimal fee (<$20) and NFR.

I will keep on an eye on RAPID. I just tried the demo on my mac/Logic and was quite impressed.

Looking forward to the "1.1.0" update for this really fantastic sounding synth!!!

loved the demo I tried on macOS, very powerful and feature rich, impressive for a new developer; however the GUI is small on 3440x1440 display, looking forward to the resizable GUI + hopefully a new skin :wink:

After having played with Rapid for some months I think that it needs better filters, especially highpass and bandpass. The resonance tends to clip and can generate very nasty whistling. Maybe for typical EDM stuff it is not that important but making psytrance leads, where the filters often are heavily modulated and the resonance is usually cranked up pretty hot, is very tedious. Better resonance behaviour would definitely help and analog style filter drive wouldn't hurt either.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:After having played with Rapid for some months I think that it needs better filters, especially highpass and bandpass. The resonance tends to clip and can generate very nasty whistling. [.. Better resonance behaviour would definitely help and analog style filter drive wouldn't hurt either.
Let me quote your signature here.
recursive one wrote:It's not all about how close something is to the bleeding edge of technology or how long the feature list is. If it sounds good to you, it sounds good to you, full stop.
Sounds good to me :)

Rapid is not an analog style synth emulator, so every filter was created to be usable in standard scenarios. If they had to much characteristic, it would just interfere with common sound design. If you're in search for filter drive, try the Vintage Lowpass, or use the Tube Distortion insert after the filter. Pads / Mountain Seeker is a good example, it uses both.
For high Q, use the Extreme Lowpass. Rapid does no clipping internally. So if it's clipping, the volume is probably to loud. I recommend balancing everything so there is no red blinking in the mixer and master meter.

Developing new filters is troublesome. It takes much time to finetune things. After all the other important stuff that is requested, I would also like to give a new set of special filters :)

@Development:
Currently the import thing still keeps me busy. Anybody reading here - Is there really a desire for SFZ/SF2 specific features? Building a sfz player is kind of bothering. I'm thinking about just converting it to a better suited format after import.

[quote="parawave"

@Development:
Currently the import thing still keeps me busy. Anybody reading here - Is there really a desire for SFZ/SF2 specific features? Building a sfz player is kind of bothering. I'm thinking about just converting it to a better suited format after import.[/quote]

i don't need sfz format

Sfz is not necessary for me either.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Don't use SFZ/SF2 but this import functionality will be of great interest!

There's players for that, samplers for that and synths for that. No need for yet another Sfz palyer.

I agree with the ones above. SFZ/SF2 is a complete waste of time.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

parawave wrote:
cowby wrote:This thread is 1 year old and I bought it in last Dec. Correct me if I am wrong that up until now, it only released 2 minor updates (For Win)?
Still a bit time until 1 year anniversary, the thread was created on October 03 : )
The updates were mostly minor fixes, yes. Since then it's constantly been worked on. Soon there will be a bigger update 1.1.0 with a completely new oscillator source browser and import, also optimized load times. Here's a small preview. After that release the sizeable GUI is the next big thing.
So, what about wavetable creation and editing? I haven't followed thos thread for a while, so, i don't know if this is now covered. Is it?
Fernando (FMR)

wt import & multi sample import will arrive soon but no wt editing ( from what i' had read)

Return to “Instruments”