Fxpansion Strobe 2 is available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe2

Hi Angus, is it possible to add Midi CC support for prev/next preset buttons?
Thanks!

davidka - on MIDI Inc/Dec cc's i.e. 96 & 97?
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote:You mean a tool tip showing the % value while dragging, or ..?
No the step as note, like you have % values for filters, faders and knobs in percentage I would like to have the steps in notevalues like the middle is 0 and above are 1,2,3 ...12 to - 1,-2,-3,..,-12 notes. This information can be shown in same tool tip same as for oher faders

Buy the way, will there be a feature to convert old strobe1 sounds by complete folders, i can only open an old Strobe1 sound, but i have so many strobe 1 soundsets that it would be easier to integerate old folders in new library.

And also the morph function between two or more sounds would be nice to morph by controller, so that i can switch between to sounds by my controller or modwheel and can also play the morphed sound between the two basic sounds and i can also influence the time of switching by my midi controller, like morphox from linplug, fm8 or ca alchemy

The stepsequencer in Strobe isn't entirely designed to do that.. it's a modulation source more than a note sequencer. So what notes it produces depends on how much mod depth you're sending from it to the pitch knob.

Batch convert - not something I've looked at before, but shouldn't be that difficult to do.

Morph via controller - yes, lots of people asking for that! Should be possible.

Angus_FX wrote:davidka - on MIDI Inc/Dec cc's i.e. 96 & 97?
Midi CC 20 and 21... However ive just checked and on Axiom these buttons can be reprogrammed. It may be possible that i can switch strobe presets after all using a different method?

Angus_FX wrote:The stepsequencer in Strobe isn't entirely designed to do that.. it's a modulation source more than a note sequencer. So what notes it produces depends on how much mod depth you're sending from it to the pitch knob.

Batch convert - not something I've looked at before, but shouldn't be that difficult to do.

Morph via controller - yes, lots of people asking for that! Should be possible.
Thanks, that sounds nice

when it is like pitch then a percentage would be usefull, also to compare same values in a sequence.

Batch convert was also done bei NI when they changed their old Kore format. I also think when strobe2 can open old strobe1 sounds then an automation to convert a folder shouldn't be difficult. It makes it easier to access old sounds and soundsets. By the way it would be also very nice when the preset browser could optional select folders, because there are so many sounds that it would be easier to seperate them by folders to distinguish different soundsets and factory presets.

Angus_FX wrote:You mean a tool tip showing the % value while dragging, or ..?
Hi Angus, while dragging the slider I hope I can see the % value. And I missed the pitch in Fusor, can it be ported to S2? So I can do one finger melody :lol:

My first video about FXpansion Strobe 2 ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeACWA1P75Y
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I've still got a beta testing serial, so I'll have to purchase the full version soon. However I am really enjoying using Strobe and so far the only thing I"m finding is that some of the presets on the latest version can really make Bitwig lag.

As a registered Synthsquad1, Diva & A.c.e owner I am quite happy to have Strobe2 in projects. The inclusion of the effects and the new stuff is definitely worth the upgrade price!

@Millersam that video is pretty cool and really shows off just how "modular" strobe2 can get with the incredible transmod system! Good work :)
:borg:

Great video @Millersam!

Older thread, i know, but yesterday i saw that Roli gave now Strobe 2 to every Seaboard owner for free.
I didn´t heard much about this synth here but with MPE, .tun file support and some great transmod goodies and morph things it is a pretty great synth. I find The GUI is not very intuitive at the beginning but awesome gift so far after a few hours to play with it!
Thank´s to Roli, appreciated.

I absolitely love the sound of this thing. In term of sounds i preffer this over many others. But for the life of me i cant understand the mod matrix, and is not that i cant figure it, is just that its too horrible! I have to click and click and click and click and if you click in the wrong place you just mapped something you didnt want to map! I just cant take it!!!
Will there ever be a synth that sounds great and i dont have to use my mouse all the time?!?!?!?!?!

Cytomic should have a synth out before 2020 so the answer to your question is yes. :hihi:

Also take a look at what is cooking for Zebra3 here.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:Cytomic should have a synth out before 2020 so the answer to your question is yes. :hihi:

Also take a look at what is cooking for Zebra3 here.
I've been empirically designing usability concepts for synths for years now. I think i have some pretty good ideas on how to make a vst synth that allows for very natural operation with a basic 8 midi controller. maybe i should take the time and publish my findings. Maybe a dev or two find them worthy.
Will check the zebra. Thank you.

What's the transfer policy on strobe 2? I got an extra copy for free when I bought my seaboard rise. Also what ever happened to cypher 2? They were talking about betas like a year ago. I want that one in my life.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”