Studio One 3.5 Released.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

aMUSEd wrote:
EnGee wrote:Of course it shouldn't behave like I mentioned. That was also the case before the update to v3.5. Enabling the multi-core feature in the VSTi has a negative effect on the CPU usage, so something is wrong with S1 in Windows 10 (at least in my system! As non one is confirming what I have!!). I have all other DAWs behaving as it should be (lower CPU when enabling multi-thread or multi-core in the Vsti).
That's weird, I thought it was generally recommended not to enable multicore features in plugins when the DAW is handling that because sometimes they can clash? Both NI and u-he advise turning it off in such cases, or at least provide the option to do so (some DAWS do seem to cope with it better than others but that may be more to do with limitations in how they handle multicore - either way this isn't entirely unexpected behaviour)
Well, in all the other DAWs I have, the multi-process (threads/cores) options is enabled in Cubase, Live, FL Studio and Reaper. Reaper is by default. In all these DAWs, enabling the multi-thread/core in Diva gives a better CPU usage.

S1 is the only one DAW I have that enabling the multi-thread/core in Diva gives bad CPU usage. I don't know what is the reason exactly nor I pretend I know why! I'm just observing what is there and write it here! I leave the analysis for those who know why (not by guessing, but by knowing facts).

Now, it has been for years a difference in stability and performance between Windows and Mac regarding Studio One. I have no idea about OS X, but in Windows, this is what I'm seeing.

For now, if I want to use Studio One, I need to disable the multi-thing in the VSTi. If I want to use another DAW, then I enable it. I can't find better solution than that for now!

OT: Reaper is soooooooooooo tempting to switch to! Damn! This is miles ahead of other DAWs in CPU usage and performance in general! Diva looks like a nice friendly and lovely synth not a monster gives you horror when you look at CPU measure in other DAWs!

I use both Cubase Pro 9, and Studio One Pro 3.5 , and I never enable multi-threading/processing in any of the VST Instruments in both these DAWs, the Host (DAW) manages this aspect of your system. It is even recommended you disable this feature in your VST Instrument since it can cause issues if it is enabled.

So far Studio One Pro 3.5 has been very stable, and efficient on my system, (Windows 8.1 Pro).

I see the new Softube Tape plugin can also be inserted in the MixFx slot and used in multitrack mode :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Hi,

I used to be able to check-mark /enable the CPU Cores available in my system in Studio One 3.0 , they showed up as square check boxes, one box for each core, but this option is no longer there. Has it been removed in version 3.5 ? or has it been moved somewhere else ? or ...?

Any feedback on this would be helpful.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

I seem to remember seeing on a video (PreSonus announcement maybe?) that it was no longer necessary, but I may be wrong.

I really prefer the result which I'm getting using the tape as an insert than MixFX. The MixFX is subtle but the insert is drastic and I can play with the dry wet and I get a very good result.

Studio Saturn wrote:I really prefer the result which I'm getting using the tape as an insert than MixFX. The MixFX is subtle but the insert is drastic and I can play with the dry wet and I get a very good result.
Interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

I will try using it as an insert on the Master and see how it sounds compared to as a MixFX.

Studio Saturn wrote:I really prefer the result which I'm getting using the tape as an insert than MixFX. The MixFX is subtle but the insert is drastic and I can play with the dry wet and I get a very good result.
Myself I'm finding the opposite, much prefer as MixFx for whatever reason
Say NO to CLAP!

Interesting guys. When I was doing my mix, I wanted to saturate the high frequency of the drum bus using the tape and MixFX didn't do that. However, when I switched to insert, instantly I just heard the effect and I dialed it back and added the original mix to pass through. Maybe my studio one is broken. I never even tried the tape on master bus I use from UAD for that.

3.5.1 is out. Looks like it fixes a lot of the issues I've seen reported in various places:

New features and improvements:

• Overall lower latency when playing virtual instruments
• Further CPU load balancing improvements
• Improved Quick Zoom behavior (alt+shift)
• Mixer Undo history logs parameter changes from external devices
• Visual bypass state for Mix Engine FX in console
• Bouncing Events now keeps routing

The following issues have been fixed:

• [Mix Engine FX] Softube Tape not working in 64-bit double-precision mode
• [Event FX] Editing tail value in event inspector by dragging mouse is broken
• Copy > Replace Arranger section from Scratch Pad back into song creates empty section
• Track names cut off when in "Show Automation" mode
• Inserts on duplicated tracks stop working
• Duplicate / Copy with "Layers follows events" copies wrong range from layers
• Copy and paste to wrong track if "Layers follows events" is active
• [Auto Punch] punch area not respected, results in merged Event

• [macOS] crash in window management
• [macOS] incomplete localization when multiple versions of Studio One are installed
• [macOS] Stillwell The Rocket compressor (Audio Units) not working
• [macOS] crash when using built-in audio device on 10.9.5

• Disable Solo from Arrangement not working for multi-out instruments
• Browser selection lost after searching
• Time offset when bouncing pitch-shifted audio with new algorithms
• Mixer Undo not working on Cue Mix sends
• Instrument channel direct assign to sidechain not recalled on song load
•Instrument Low Latency Monitoring not working with Vienna Instrument Pro
• Latency information for hardware monitoring is incorrect

• [Rotor] Drive not stored correctly
• [StudioLive Series III] DSP and plug-in sync issues
• [Fat Channel XT] Vintage EQ boosts hi and lo shelves on copy
• [Fat Channel XT] gain reduction incorrect

• Output Level Meter modes not synced
• Can't select a plug-in from the Insert Menu with touch
• Can't open controller lane (focus issue)
• [Project Page] crash when importing from DDP Image
• [Project Page] can't update artist name
• [Project Page] Analyzer parameter changes don't mark document as edited

• Level Meter doesn't store/recall "LU/LUFS" and "EBU+18" settings
• Level meter display settings (+18 or LU/LUFS) should NOT reset Loudness values
• Replacing instrument results in wrong instrument UI displayed
• "Cursor follows edit position" broken in Arranger inspector list
• Midi file export with tempo change broken
• Fader automation causes noise on fade out
• Bounce of external instruments at bar one not possible

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Looks like it fixes a lot of the issues I've seen reported in various places:
I can attest to that. The playback issues that made v3.5.0 practically unusable for me, seem to have been fixed. Everything works really well now and I hope it will be the same for the others who were also experiencing them.

Updated to Studio One Pro 3.5.1 already, so far all working smoothly !

I'm very happy to see Presonus update, and improve Studio One at a fast pace.

In other news, Studio One Remote is now available for Android, from the Play Store URL below.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .dawremote

deleted. nm. still doesn't work. was worth a shot, but nope.

I wish we could create categories for VST Fx and Instruments and organize them accordingly. Favourites/last used are nice, but not enough.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”