Roli Seaboard Block is there

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:Is this out yet?
In their shop it displays as "Seaboard Block (Ships in 3-4 weeks)"
But the Equator PLayer is there, ready for download - for existing Lighpad Block users.
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

pdxindy wrote:
Terrafractyl wrote:Personally I think I would spend years learning to play the Linnstument well. A guitar player I am not!

Still they had me interested enough that I considered it, just for a expressive Midi instrument. The Madronna Labs Soundplane also had me intruiged.... http://madronalabs.com/soundplane (but I never even heard of someone buying one of those)
Ultimately they both are a lot of money for something I don't think I will ever be totally comfortable playing.

but keyboards.... i have been playing them since I could get on piano stool.
There is no choice for me. Many others I think would be the same.
I've played about as much guitar as keyboard over the years... perhaps that influences what I gravitate towards. I like playing flute too. I feel pretty comfortable and flexible to learn different instruments. It's gonna take me a while to learn to play the Linnstrument fluidly. A keyboard layout would for sure be faster for me initially but am picking it up fairly quick and it is so expressive and playable... moreso than the Rise imo.
Faircall, I'm a multi instrumentalist also, I played bassoon for various orchestra's for many years, and still play quit a bit of Sax and a bit of flute here and there. but I never gelled with is the general string instrument layout, tuned in 4ths or 5ths, frets etc. I picked up a bit of stuff on the guitar, but it always felt unnatural to me. I'm too old now to bother doing the work required to remove that barrier haha.

As for blocks, well I'm out... I didn't realize the Keyboard was 'mini'. That counts me out then, I can't stand playing on mini keys.
I guess I'm back to saving up for the Rise.
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Equator Player VST is blacklisted in cubase pro 9 on macOS Sierra. Reenabling it crashes Cubase. Anyone else sees this?

Equator Player VST is blacklisted in cubase pro 9 on macOS Sierra. Reenabling it crashes Cubase. Anyone else sees this?
Same thing here did you find a way to make it work ?

TabSel wrote:Equator Player VST is blacklisted in cubase pro 9 on macOS Sierra. Reenabling it crashes Cubase. Anyone else sees this?
Hi there, we have had a few reports of this and have immediately begun investigating. In the interim, if you have crash logs that you would like to share, you can submit them here: https://support.roli.com/request/

Thanks for your support and patience.

The ROLI Team

There?

Where?

:hihi:

I ended up Pre-ordering one in the end. :D

Anyone heard reports of somebody receiving one yet?
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

For blocks owners, Equator full version is now available for a decent upgrade price.
That is pretty cool.
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

Terrafractyl wrote:I ended up Pre-ordering one in the end. :D

Anyone heard reports of somebody receiving one yet?
There's a few YouTube unboxing/first play/early impressions videos up now

Image Image Image Image

Bought a Seaboard Blocks and have had more than enough issues with it. The playing is awesome when it works but sensing on the middle of one ”key” suddenly stopped working. You can slide notes to opposit direction but this functionality falls out from time to time. A power toggle solves the issues bit is really annoying.
Note that this is an all plastic device. Unsure if they have any metal inside to stabilize them but I really doubt that. My seaboard did not lay flat against the table when I recieved it. Was slightly bent so when playing on the far sides it generated a hitting noise against the table.Something had fallen in place in the device cause now it is somewhat flat/straight.
As mentioned it is awesome to play melodies and have the amounth of tonal control right under the fingertops but I am really dissapointed on the build quality so far.
By my initial impression this should be priced way lower, considering it is an all plastic product and not shipped with the full equator player.
If it would not have had these issues I would probably have been happy with it but even then the build quality would of course not impress after reading that the larger units uses materials like aluminum.
Hope I just have recieved a lemon but that says something about QC.
Just wanted to share my experience.
I have reported my issues to Roli support and waiting for their answer.

Yikes, reports of quality troubles makes me nervous because I just plopped the cash for a ROLI Blocks Songmaker kit.

Conceptually this pushes all the right buttons for me, particularity because I travel a lot for work, but also because I nearly bought a Seaboard Rise after trying one. The blurb says it comes with Equator, which I'm assuming is the full version and not the player version (they would specify that, right?)

Also I don't own any Apple products, so hoping there are no issues using with Win10.

Should get mine in a few weeks and will report any problems.

I have to point out that the Seaboard is awesome to play (not piano like instruments) and I am hopefully just an unlucky user. Not many user experiences shared on the net about the seaboard block so hard to tell if this is a trend or not right now. Some of the issues I have experienced is hopefully software/firmware related. But this all has put a little dark sky over the Roli brand for me personally, naturally.
It is not a very expensive device but considering the size and materials used it kind of is. Maybe I expected to much. You get a really decent keyboard for the same price they ask for the Seaboard Block + Full Equator Licens. You kind of need the full Equator if you have a Seaboard. I think they should at least bundle that with the Seaboard block and not just the player, seeing they have ”cut corners” on the device itself. :?
But again, the Seaboard is a great idea and is awesome to play with....

I've got he seaboard block and I have no complaints about, seems to work great. Really great with full Equator and also Falcon. I might sell it though and buy a linnstrument 128, as there's more octaves in a smallspace and I like the extra modes on the linnstrument. But when I have a more permanent music setup I may buy a rise 49.

The Seaboard has worked normally the last sessions I have had with it. It has also settled so it is almost flat. Just a tiny vertical movement in the lower right corner when playing. I can live with that.
Time will tell how long this device will last though.
If I will buy one more of these in the future I will for sure buy it from a physical store and inspect it before I buy. :)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”