Toneboosters Reverb 4 vs ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

djeroen wrote:Release candidate for Shimmer mode implemented
Very nice, thank you !
With the modulation, freeze and now shimmer, it's becoming a great reverb for sound design and out-of-this-world sounds :love:

^ Agreed, this is one beautiful sounding reverb!

Yeah, looking forward to experimenting, v3 was great for resonant tube sounds and 'physical modelling' stuff :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

And I'll go a step further with a FR

How about sticking the features of TB Module in the feedback loop.....drool

New Shimmer mode is an absolute dream for otherworldly FX. I'll definitely be buying this :tu:

djeroen wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Since you already have a voice pitch shift plugin, can you implement that code into the reverb in order to add a shimmer reverb mode? :)
Ha yes that seems a fairly simple extension that will extend the repertoire of use cases for this reverb considerably :D
Thank you, was just playing around with the new demo, sounds pretty good :tu: With certain sounds and shimmer/reverb settings it gives me goosebumps :)

On a general notes, maybe it would be better if changing the Size and Mass parameters killed all lingering sounds immediately because changing them with the mouse (click & drag) seems to introduce massive, unwanted pitch changes that make it impossible to evaluate one's changes on already lingering sounds, anyway, especially with long reverb tails.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
djeroen wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Since you already have a voice pitch shift plugin, can you implement that code into the reverb in order to add a shimmer reverb mode? :)
Ha yes that seems a fairly simple extension that will extend the repertoire of use cases for this reverb considerably :D
Thank you, was just playing around with the new demo, sounds pretty good :tu: With certain sounds and shimmer/reverb settings it gives me goosebumps :)

On a general notes, maybe it would be better if changing the Size and Mass parameters killed all lingering sounds immediately because changing them with the mouse (click & drag) seems to introduce massive, unwanted pitch changes that make it impossible to evaluate one's changes on already lingering sounds, anyway, especially with long reverb tails.
Nooooo, I Iike that, makes it great fun to tweak in realtime/automate for sound design

Ah OK, I didn't think anyone would actually like that 8)

Or maybe a setting to have either or :D

I'm really digging the updates to Reverb v4. I have a few small feature requests:

1. A mix lock for instances where the plugin is on a bus vs an insert. Makes it much easier to audition presets.
2. Is there a way for all of the new plugins to remember the interface color themes?
3. Can you make the delay time switcheable to musical beats, like in Module?

Keep up the great work, I'm seriously looking forward to having a new compressor or delay in your new style.

dangayle wrote:I'm really digging the updates to Reverb v4. I have a few small feature requests:
1. A mix lock for instances where the plugin is on a bus vs an insert. Makes it much easier to audition presets.
+1
dangayle wrote:2. Is there a way for all of the new plugins to remember the interface color themes?
+1, as well as being able to set a default size and remember it.

djeroen wrote:
nicksohn wrote:
Igro wrote: I wish Toneboosters released a dedicated Saturation plugin
+9999
Just out of curiosity: what functionality would you want to to see, given that there's currently 3 plugins with saturation functionality ( good old Ferox, ReelBus, and Barricade v4 with the new input modeller)?
Tube saturation?
All together, you can make the dedicated saturation plugin with multiband, MS option like fabfilter saturn or klanghlem SDRR.
i know tb's one will rock!

Great Reverb. Bought it right away, very happy with it.
However, a mix lock is an absolute necessity. It's really cumbersome to preview presets this way when used as a send. Pretty please? :-)

JoMas wrote:…It's really cumbersome to preview presets this way when used as a send. Pretty please? :-)
I assume that you mean 'when used as an insert'?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

No, i actually meant as a send. When used as a send i want 0% dry and 100% wet of course. But all presets have a different mix, usually with a lot of dry. They seem to be designed for insert use. That's why it would be nice to be able to lock the wet / dry parameters the way you want when you change preset.

Return to “Effects”