Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

ghettosynth wrote:
Your math is still wrong, but, now the assertion is becoming silly. The patches include effects, no? So they are already being accounted for. If you allow adjustment then the number is far greater than that and, frankly, not worth trying to compute. While, in fact, finite, it is practically infinite given that it is probably far greater than one could effectually create in a lifetime.

Of course, this does not mean anything with respect to coverage of sonic spectrum, so it's something of a false fascination with large numbers to count up patches or attempt to measure diversity of an instrument in such a combinatorial manner.
It's not over...we still have yet to deal with the variation for each increment on the panning of each patch.

Man...now that I think about it....this is the best synthesis engine ever. Who saw this coming?

Bump1 wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Your math is still wrong, but, now the assertion is becoming silly. The patches include effects, no? So they are already being accounted for. If you allow adjustment then the number is far greater than that and, frankly, not worth trying to compute. While, in fact, finite, it is practically infinite given that it is probably far greater than one could effectually create in a lifetime.

Of course, this does not mean anything with respect to coverage of sonic spectrum, so it's something of a false fascination with large numbers to count up patches or attempt to measure diversity of an instrument in such a combinatorial manner.
It's not over...we still have yet to deal with the variation for each increment on the panning of each patch.

Man...now that I think about it....this is the best synthesis engine ever. Who saw this coming?
I was ignoring further variation, the effects are enough alone to make the point of absurdity.

systmu wrote:
plexuss wrote:Download done.

Total download: 47.4G
Total install size: 55.6G
Time to download: 9h (I have 15Mbp download)

on Mac.
My total Sound Library windows .zip files is only 41.8GB Can anyone concur on windows? I haven't installed them yet. I'm still trying to figure out where to put them. Do I have to put them in the same folder is my Philharmonik Library? Thanks
Mine is 42.9GB (all 24 zips including Syntronik itself), I have installed and everything seemed to install fine, no apparent issues.

It installs into your SampleTank directory (If you have it) by default, which was fine by me.. It says in the settings of Syntronik under Library/Disk Path, that you must install to your SampleTank directory. I guess if you didn't have SampleTank you'd be able to have it anywhere and just point to it?
Last edited by jinotsuh on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Say NO to CLAP!

Bug Report: I save multi's and they do save as files in /Volumes/Studio/ Libraries/IK Multimedia/Syntronik/Multis/Syntronik/ However they do not show in the multi's menu. Only Default shows. I do not see a list of my saved Multi's when I click on the list, menus or the staggered line menu on the left. It was working but now its not showing them.

UPDATE: Closed Logic. Opened standalone and the Multi menu is working now and showing my patches. Opend the AU in Logic and now its working.
Last edited by plexuss on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seems to be working fine here
Say NO to CLAP!

still working on shuffling data around and getting it installed. In the meantime I browsed through the manual.

Definitely a rompler. Played around with a few presets. Sounds great. I will definitely use it.
Last edited by Dewdman42 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Apart from the little authorisation annoyance, everything has gone smoothly on the installation front. Reasonably quick and no hiccups. I have started testing some of the presets and I have to say, I'm very happy with this. These are the sort of classic synth sounds that will easily sit in a traditional pop, rock, new wave or 80s synth pop song. I like this. I have really got tired in recent years of the never ending stream of evolving, ever so clever pad sounds that really can't find a place anywhere in my sort of music.

I like this a lot more than Sampletank 3 and the truth be told, I much prefer something that sounds this good over many of the modelled versions of classic analogues that I have and really don't quite cut it.

Well Done IK :tu:

by the way kudos to IK for not extending the intro sale into the release!

having played with it a bit more, a few comments.

the user interface is kinda awkward. this is the first time i had to go and read the manual to understand how arpeggiator works (and i don't think the needed step is there, about the dragging of yellow bar on the bottom). that, and various annoyances, such as the browser defaulting to multi-selection. there is a perfectly good established pattern that is perfectly understood by power users, that to do multi-selection, you hold down CTRL. as it stands, the need to deselect a synth before selecting a different synth is counter-intuitive. it is also not exactly clear what do i have to press to see the synth GUI - it took me 5 minutes of clicking to get there.

some of the interfaces of synths are hard to read, and layout is always different. if all of the synths are exactly the same under the hood, it would've made sense to provide a common interface layout (maybe with different buttons, to indicate which synth i'm using). it's very disorienting to change a patch and have entirely different synth on your screen. using Syntronik in SampleTank will probably help with this, but as far as i can tell, SampleTank does not provide all the features present in Syntronik GUI, like the ability to switch between 1- and 2-OSC mode. plus, tagged browser of Syntronik makes finding sounds that much easier, so i would like to keep using it.
Last edited by Burillo on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Teksonik wrote:I must applaud IK Multimedia for the success of this roll-out. Everything downloaded, installed, and authorized without a single problem.
I had one problem. When I booted the standalone up, it wouldn't recognise my soundcard ASIO drivers, I chose them and the entry went blank. Which was puzzling, I'd previously been using sampletank 3 standalone and cubase. So I knew it was working (previously).

Then noticed my interface wasn't powered on (anymore). Somehow the power cable had fallen out. Now given it is on a shelf where it is hard to get access to the back of it, I have no idea how that could have happened.

Powered the soundcard up, restarted the standalone and all was fine with the world!

To be honest, the patchlist is overwhelming. Had fun with it though.
Last edited by rollasoc on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

rollasoc wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I must applaud IK Multimedia for the success of this roll-out. Everything downloaded, installed, and authorized without a single problem.
I had one problem. When I booted the standalone up, it wouldn't recognise my soundcard ASIO drivers, I chose them and the entry went blank. Which was puzzling, I'd previously been using sampletank 3 standalone and cubase. So I knew it was working (previously).

Then noticed my interface wasn't powered on (anymore). Somehow the power cable had fallen out. Now given it is on a shelf where it is hard to get access to the back of it, I have no idea how that could have happened.

powered it up, restarted the standalone and all was fine with the world!
there must be something wrong with Syntronik then, because i had my power supply for my keyboard burn out just as i was trying to load Syntronik! Peter, is there any chance i can claim compensation for damages? :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

by the way, Peter, the ensemble effect. it's not anywhere in Amplitube and T-Racks series as far as i can tell - does that mean a chorus similar to what we have in Syntronik is coming to T-Racks? please please let that be true!

Burillo wrote:SampleTank does not provide all the features present in Syntronik GUI, like the ability to switch between 1- and 2-OSC mode
You can select, when you go to edit page, there are Sample 1 and 2 :)

zerocrossing wrote:I've got to say that it was initially a bit confusing to find out that I had some sounds but had to download the full package in a separate installer, but that's still going and I'm playing with the included presets, and man, this thing does sound great.
Haha - I hadn't realised either - only by reading this now. I thought their compression ratio was pretty good to get it all into a gig or so, and was a bit disappointed at the number of presets!

oops..

H :-)

Burillo wrote:by the way kudos to IK for not extending the intro sale into the release!

having played with it a bit more, a few comments.

the user interface is kinda awkward. this is the first time i had to go and read the manual to understand how arpeggiator works (and i don't think the needed step is there, about the dragging of yellow bar on the bottom). that, and various annoyances, such as the browser defaulting to multi-selection. there is a perfectly good established pattern that is perfectly understood by power users, that to do multi-selection, you hold down CTRL. as it stands, the need to deselect a synth before selecting a different synth is counter-intuitive. it is also not exactly clear what do i have to press to see the synth GUI - it took me 5 minutes of clicking to get there.

some of the interfaces of synths are hard to read, and layout is always different. if all of the synths are exactly the same under the hood, it would've made sense to provide a common interface layout (maybe with different buttons, to indicate which synth i'm using). it's very disorienting to change a patch and have entirely different synth on your screen. using Syntronik in SampleTank will probably help with this, but as far as i can tell, SampleTank does not provide all the features present in Syntronik GUI, like the ability to switch between 1- and 2-OSC mode. plus, tagged browser of Syntronik makes finding sounds that much easier, so i would like to keep using it.
^ Consider the menu buttons up top as toggles and it will become second nature..took me a bit to get used to viewing them that way. far left toggle takes you to the synth view..also, the headphone button is actually solo..don't get the choice of a headphone icon versus a big 'S' instead.

ghettosynth wrote: the effects are enough alone to make the point of absurdity.
Then I'd say it's more than just a decent amount of patches in the free version.

Return to “Instruments”