Phrasendrescher (by Aggregati Musika)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cant hurt on different ways :hihi: :

- nothing really new, but I just need that PD to react on incoming midi note PROGRESSIONS, that means not only transpose to scale but to chords. Nothing against chord progressions generated from PD but if you already have a chord sketch with progression ready....

- I need to STOP the sequencer from playing when there is NO midi incoming (no midi clip, muted midi notes). Seems easy, but most sequencers/arps have problems on this

- take from rifflab whats possible :tu:

- and (try :lol: ) to make it that easy to use

@thala:

I´m not sure that i got your point: But to use a midi-clip-progression as chord-creator instead the "Harmonikum" chords, its already possible. Just click the "midi" button in the drak-orange area between the progression bar and the keyboard.
In this case only "extern" midi will pass-trough and processed by the "Stepper". If there is an empty midi-clip or no clip, the stepper has no input, ergo it is "muted"!

Thala wrote: - i like the GUI colour of the PRE version from WR shown in the video of this thread in the first post and generally i like dark grey GUIs. the mini-PD in WR looks cool too

Feature Requests:
- each note lane generally octave shiftable (additional to the note octave modulation sequencer)
- each note lane volume/velocity "knob" like in the youtube videos of DJS (my version doesn`t have that feature)
- mod sequencer for Steplength/position (inserting random triplets, dotted, double, half speed for each step)
- generally triplet, dotted, normal mode (would this work in combination with the mod seq just named before?)
- mod sequencer for Notelength in relationship to steplength ( just a factor, for example 0.33, 0.5, 1) which would make the gate mode redundant? or in combination? impossible? not needed?
- Jazz mode for Octave plus plus (see screenshot): Jazz players sometimes doesnt play the note 1 or 2 octave higher, but instead they play the note around the octaves (+11 and +13 or +23 and +25 semitones of the basenote)
- harmonikum: please add more notes for 9th and maybe 11th and 13th chords ? (which would result in more lanes for the sequencer? 6-7?)
- introdution/exploring Videos made by David Coffin like he made for WR :tu: :love: this will help everybody to tame this beast
- probability based random generators for steps as well as harmonikum notes and variations ? (rifflab comes into my mind) maybe it already works this way internally, make it editable in view B (expert settings) like david has explored it in the WR video?
- all new features from miniPD in Wellenreiter 1.2
I try a summasum-answer.
There will come 3 complete lane-blocks (each with root, terz, quint and sept) so you will have 12 lanes in total. You can give each lane-block a dedicated octave and you can in each block set the "sept"-lane to to second, quart, sixt, 11, 13 or octaves... like in WR.

I guess wi will do a B-view with all this extra-knobs and buttons for each lane, for velocity and some other x-tra stuff. But this view will be much bigger!

I´m thinking about tripple, dot, double-strikes... etc. rhythms... But i guess it will fisrt come with my drumbox and i will implement it later too PD. So in this version

random generator is already in, but it will feature-updated and more easy to find/handle.

----
Yeah David has promised to create videos:-)

A dark-grey / almost black-white GUI, ok, i will make.

DJ-Superherpes wrote:Yeah David has promised to create videos:-)
OutsaTanDing!

another request:
-a sequencer for activating/deactivating remix steps
-a no-remix-while-any-(legato)-note-is-played-mode

COOL! ALways a great day that starts with an email from DJS; this one looks especially fascinating:) Thank you!

I really like the color/picture? already set for the HARM+++ instrument; PLEASE not 10.50.22! (But we know that or any plain background would be so simple to customize—already I've made PD MKII match the HARM+++, so, actually a good choice compared to a picture:)

Also very glad to see this is more like the WR version, similarly simple but with many extra features. I'd still like to someday understand the previous PD, but it's quite difficult!

DJS: Would you like posts here about apparent "bugs" or errors/unexpected results? Hard to know, of course, what's not working right compared to what's simply not built OK/finished yet…

A tip for all: swap out the included basic synth right away for something with better envelop control! I chose SteamPipe 2, with the reverb permanently turned off (panel B ON/OFF snap isolated); MUCH better for hearing strums and rolls, besides being actually pleasant to the ear:)

Thanks again for this; much fun, with interesting puzzles everywhere:) Oh yes: THANKS SO MUCH for the rmx T knob; whew!

David wrote: DJS: Would you like posts here about apparent "bugs" or errors/unexpected results? Hard to know, of course, what's not working right compared to what's simply not built OK/finished yet…
Good question: As far as not mentioned in the "limits of BETA" (= knowing misbehaviors, i´m
already working on) i would say its a bug.

Today i got an email: "The loop-area is set per restart to 1 step-length." Thats such a simple bug/not implement yet - hybrid. It does not matter what you will call it exactly, its a "misbehavior i have to fix".
In doubt its better to email me one time to often, than to less. But direct email is the best way.

The place here is for general discussion, your ideas and suggestions, like your RGB quest:

BTW: the problem with this 88,88,88 grey in HARM is, there is not so much contrast-"headroom" neither for black, nor for white elements???
Next beta (today/tomorrow) i will offer some color-suggesttions.

@Thala: Ok, i will implement a RMX-off for each lane, so you can hold your bass- or chord-lanes "intakt" and just your "melody" lanes will affected.

Wow! These are great! REALLY loving separate rmx for each lane, a great adaptation, hope it will show up in WR someday:) Ditto with Strum and Roll, really cool.

BUT it’s the rmx T option that makes them actually useable, for me. Because NOW at last I can slow everything down! Otherwise everything’s moving so fast that these add-ons are either not noticable OR they add so much extra speed that they just sound like adding chaos. Which is why I rarely have been using rmx in WR, and why I was so interested in figuring out the tables controlling RMX on WR's B view, to try to get some useable—meaning, more subtle and slower-paced—variations from it. True also of many levels of randomness in PD; even when clicking to the far left in the fields, the results are usually too extreme, too chaotic, to my ears. So I'm voting for more ways to scale everything down a bit or a lot, or at least have more options in that direction, so subtlety is possible.

Still, WHAT a wonderful new life for PD, really enjoying this marvelous engine, at last, thanks again!

I agree that contrast is tricky with both bright and dark letters and controls, but in this case I find the dark grey a better solution than the light.

Here, the black lines are equally clear against both backgrounds, but for me "PACK III" is very clear, while "SEPT" is hardly readable:

Best choice still seems to me to be: leave the background a color not a picture so everyone can change it as individually preferred.

Be great if rmx T could be saved per flex…

Nice to hear that you like it.
Well, STRUM and ROLL are really fast "fx" with 16th steps in a normal BPM-range. But it is it "nature", if you downspeed athe BPM a lot, you will hear its all correct.
David wrote:Be great if rmx T could be saved per flex…
I´m thinking how to implement this feature as best by automatic / modulation. But of course, if you like the manual knob, i could keep it in, and make them "flex-able". No matter!

------
The color and the general view makes me most thinking at the moment. Later i will play a little bit with affinity photo - i need a short rest from cables and math;-)
Tomorrow there will come a new layout suggestion. (there will be no bright-blue in, thats just the old placeholder-pictures i used, because i´m lazy;-)

DJ-Superherpes wrote:Nice to hear that you like it.
Well, STRUM and ROLL are really fast "fx" with 16th steps in a normal BPM-range. But it is it "nature", if you downspeed athe BPM a lot, you will hear its all correct.
STRUM and ROLL sound really interesting when everything is slowed down via rmx T enough so you can detect individual hits, which does also help with taming rmx itself, very handy! But I'd love to have more rmx settings that don't change (which seems always to mean "increase") speed or create tiny super-fast loop regions, just some direction and offset options, and ideally, some understanding of the "hidden" rmx tables so I could set up these options myself.
David wrote:Be great if rmx T could be saved per flex…
DJ-Superherpes wrote:I´m thinking how to implement this feature as best by automatic / modulation. But of course, if you like the manual knob, i could keep it in, and make them "flex-able". No matter!
More modulation is always good:) Plus having knobs leads to easier host automation, as well as internal Reaktor automation, no?

Here's another wish, from WR/SEQ days also:
Some way to modulate the SEPT-lane settings/options; would make for much more melodic variety, I think, than the current global pitch control option. I can simulate this with manual scrolling as the sequencer plays, so even if this controller could be made to appear in the IC target menu, that'd be really cool! (I'm a big fan of IC-send controllers, but maybe there are some reasons why these are not ideal? They're great in Reaktor stand-alone mode…)

I've found the table in the B view that controls it; can tables themselves be sequenced? Seems likely; isn't that what sequencers ARE? Obviously, NOT a builder, myself:)
Last edited by David on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

"…which does also help with taming rmx itself…"

Actually, I take that back; I've just set rmx T to the slowest setting, and there are still RMX settings that skip and shuttle back and forth at the same nearly audible rate as ever, not changing at all as the rmx-T knob is moved about.

Return to “Instruments”