Now Hive is here, is it RIP Sylenth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2 Sylenth1

mcnoone wrote:People like Sylenth because its a beginners synth that is easy to use, and does sound good. Yet it has less functions than many other synths including Hive, and it also has a very limited sound palette. It cannot do many of the sounds that Hive can, and especially for more organic or acoustical soft sounding tones.
It is not a beginner's synth at all, it is a professional synth. NoiseMaker and Charlatan are beginner's synths. If Sylenth1 were a beginner's synth, what would Monark or Legend be, which are much more limited in every way?

I don't get why people keep saying things like that, frankly. It's fine to like other synths better, but it should be for the right reasons.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:Lennard is notorious for going months without answering a customer service inquiry. Perhaps he's better now, but his history has been extremely rocky in this department.
He has his own support sub-forum on KVR, where he seems to be present almost daily, answering questions and helping with problems.
I'm just speaking from experience and from what I've read from other people on the forums. :shrug:

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Synthman2000 wrote:I find LD Sylenth1 has a bit more bite and cut through, it cuts through in a good way, it is not heard or is standing out for the wrong reasons (i.e. does not fit in to the mix) but for the right ones. To my ears anyway. Hive sounds a little safe and restrained and smoothed out to my ears so my preference of these 2 synths is Sylenth1, which may be fine for a more polite piece of music.

I prefer Sylenth1's presence over a wider range.. it also seems to sound more tangible and richer through the spectrum/filter ranges to my ears.
That very much coincides with the way they sound to me, too.
Yes cool, it follows conversations recently how it is possible to over? engineer or over produce out energy, power, "vibration?" :hug: this can be in a track or maybe a synth. Leaving a quirk in can be a mistake or oversight for sure but it can also be something unique adding an identity or character. It's a fine line though and not always easy to discern.

I was wondering about oscillator sync, which Sylenth1 doesn't have, nor Hive I suppose.
Doesn't setting two or more oscillators to retrigger mode and then changing the phase of one or more of those oscillators result in the same thing? 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:I was wondering about oscillator sync, which Sylenth1 doesn't have, nor Hive I suppose.
Doesn't setting two or more oscillators to retrigger mode and then changing the phase of one or more of those oscillators result in the same thing? 8)
I think no, in case of osc sync the master osc resets the phase of the slave osc (in case of hardsync, the slave osc is retriggered each time the mater osc completes the full waveform cycle).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Ah ok, that is different, yes.

It's funny somehow that we complain about Sylenth1 not allowing us to modulate individual envelope stages with velocity. Some classic analog synths such as the OB-8 did not have any velocity :hihi:
Maybe we are just too spoiled...

Or maybe we put up with that in 1980 because we had no choice but, 40 years on, we expect more?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Weird way to necro a thread, but O.K.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

Yea I don't get the desire to dig up a thread that's going on two years old just to start up yet another argument and with someone who is no longer an active member. Certainly there are more recent topics in which to find an argument.

Whatever....... :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”