DDMF Metaplugin v3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Metaplugin

V2 was useless for me as metaplugin complained when it could not load a plugin in a patch - because I maybe moved it on the filesystem - but didn't even say what plugin it was or offer me a dialog to locate the new position. Imagine the problem I'll have if I upgrade to a new computer and decide to move my VST folder from c:\program files\steinberg\VSTplugins (not the best choice back then, I know) to a more suitable location. All projects with metaplugin in it would be useless...
Is that fixed?

does Metaplugin compensate latency introduced by the plugins? in parallel chains there is most of the times an issue...

The text in the browser panel is almost microscopic - can it be increased in size?

Bridge is not working well with IL 32 bit plugins on Mac - they all appear with an additional white rectangle either attached to their window or floating separately and their GUIs are also very unresponsive. iZotope Spectron just shows as a white rectangle with nothing else showing - opening and closing it a few times does restore some parts of gui elements but they don't respond to the mouse. OhmForce OhMyGod 32 bit doesn't load at all (says format is unrecognised).

Also the Bridge App has a tendency to stay open after Metaplugin has been closed and doesn't respond to quit commands (have to force quit)

So far it is successfully bridging my older NI plugins (B3, Pro53, Spectral delay etc) and Steinberg Hypersonic, Vember Surge, a couple of Tone2 fx, Kinesis and Kubik - but even with them the GUI tends to be flickery, especially when changing presets.

xanthos wrote:does Metaplugin compensate latency introduced by the plugins? in parallel chains there is most of the times an issue...
Yes, of course!

aMUSEd wrote:The text in the browser panel is almost microscopic - can it be increased in size?
I'll add an option in 3.0.1. Will also try to get hold of IL plugins and see what I can do.

docdued wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:The text in the browser panel is almost microscopic - can it be increased in size?
I'll add an option in 3.0.1. Will also try to get hold of IL plugins and see what I can do.
Trying 3.03 now but can't see this option. Image-Line plugins are working worse, can't move any of the GUI now. Also Hypersonic knobs won't turn fully.

I guess that's the problem these days with trying to make a 32 bit wrapper when all the 32 bit plugins that are left are either unsupported ex plugins or buggy alphas.

Once again: how does v3 handle missing plugins? Can I point to a new location of the plugin if that was moved for whatever reason? Does it keep the settings?
I don't see a reason to buy an upgrade if the handling of missing plugins is fixed...

VST3, all around. Very good. Congrats.

---
Concerning latency.. in parallel:
I am not sure, if the original poster meant "internal-parallel".

In Bidule, VSTs with latency have an output for latency.
One can "tell" the latency to a Bidule(-delay) or hook up the Bidule-latency-output-to-DAW.

When there is a VST with latency and crossfader afterwards..One can put in a delay on the dry path inside Bidule and compensate the latency.
-----

I am going to test the demo, but i am afraid to get tangled up into a new vast program.
- WonderEcho -

fese wrote:Once again: how does v3 handle missing plugins? Can I point to a new location of the plugin if that was moved for whatever reason? Does it keep the settings?
I don't see a reason to buy an upgrade if the handling of missing plugins is fixed...
Yeah I could never understand why it wouldn't automatically look at where your plugin folder is stored in the settings.

RobGee wrote:
fese wrote:Once again: how does v3 handle missing plugins? Can I point to a new location of the plugin if that was moved for whatever reason? Does it keep the settings?
Yeah I could never understand why it wouldn't automatically look at where your plugin folder is stored in the settings.
Because it's always worked as an 'on demand' plugin loader rather than as a typical host that scans all plugins every startup. That way makes it faster loading and flexible as you can even just drag in plugins from Finder, but it also means if a path has changed the user has to browse to the plugin again.

V3 has added the ability to scan plugins though so maybe that has changed, unfortunately I found the plugin scan took forever and kept crashing so I went back to the old method. Although it looks more like the function of the scan is to populate the browser, not as an automatic thing that happens each startup.

Christian,

Can you please provide v3 with a new ID?

It would be nice to run both v2 and v3 side by side, it would solve a few headaches. I found Bitwig projects refuse to load when both plugins are active. Removing v2 was the solution.

I noticed when opening older projects/programming that patches have changed. Going back to v2 the patches don't sound identical. Would version 3 preferences alter v2 in anyway? I noticed that the colour profiles have done so.

This is a minor cosmetic request, please allow the light blue bar at the top of plugins window to be a customisable colour?
The blue is nice but I'd rather choose my own colour. Plus a thinner streamlined bar is welcome :D

All in all version 3 rocks and I'm pleased to be able to load Flux plugins at x4 oversampling.

Thank you!

Everglide wrote:Christian,

Can you please provide v3 with a new ID?

It would be nice to run both v2 and v3 side by side (...).
Same request please.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

+1. Please

Return to “Effects”