three years and I still don't know what genre to produce, how the heck do you guys choose?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The business model cannot withstand deviation, tho.
ImageImageImageImage

And, gosh, furthermore,
To waste the kind of rare talent we are witnessing birthed here, that is capable of popular music in multiple genres, at will, by not focusing and providing the public with a clearly defined and homogenized consumable product, would be the biggest shame of at least the past three years.
ImageImageImageImage

I can play and record a number of different types of shite.

If only the shittiest birds in the forest...
ImageImageImageImage

If you don't know what direction to take, call it ''world music''.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Post-Vurlt-Step
ImageImageImageImage

Make what you like, that's all.

Usually you just make your music - and whatever comes out - other people decide what genre it is.. Doing it the other way around is very business like and kind of unnatural to me.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:Usually you just make your music - and whatever comes out - other people decide what genre it is.. Doing it the other way around is very business like and kind of unnatural to me.
You probably don't have a trendy haircut either ;)

thecontrolcentre wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:Usually you just make your music - and whatever comes out - other people decide what genre it is.. Doing it the other way around is very business like and kind of unnatural to me.
You probably don't have a trendy haircut either ;)
I'm always wary of people that do.. lol
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

if you are after fame then boy oh boy it will be very hard unless you make a fun of yourself

eg-paris hilton

if you love to make music and get inspired by diffrent type of music then you have choose a correct path
1.get inspired by anything (literally anything)
eg-
1.i got inspired by stardust-music sounds better with you which is a cool music while i was working on my dubstep music an thought how to make that type of tune work in dubstep (possibility 1)
2.get your favorite vst (synth / effect) and do something non conventional like adding rack after rack of distortion and eq and saturator to a basic pattern of sine wave if a fx (possibility 2)or take a wave or your own voice through mic put it in sampler tone it down it,it will make some gargeling sound ,render it put that same sound in the sampler pitch it up you will have something for sure.(possibility 3)
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

I have also felt like this at times, but for me I've always found that when starting a new project just go with the flow and see what comes out. Without putting the pressure on to myself to follow a certain sound I find it helps the creativity levels flow.

I love all sub genres of house music so I just have different alias for the day that I am finally happy with my music and ready to put it out to the world...

DJ Monday
DJ Tuesday
DJ Wednesday
DJ Thursday
DJ Friday
DJ Saturday
DJ Sunday
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Just start to make generic hip hop or house.. Easy path :D

Country? Western? Or both? I see the problem.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”