Applied Acoustics Systems announces OBJEQ Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

electro wrote:Who needs to get exotic synth sounds out of something like Pianoteq or Lounge Lizard, really?
Ah, but Pianoteq lends itself really well to that. So count me in for making some bizarre sounds in there :)

While you're waiting for a sale on this delay, Sweetwater has Echoboy on sale for $49!!!

dreamvoid wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:Yeah, I love Applied Acoustics to no end, but $99 is a little heavy-handed for a delay. $50 maybe, but not $99. That's too bad. My AAS collection is no longer complete.
Usually I think it is often unfair when people complain about the price here. But in this case I have to agree: to expensive in comparison with other delays and to less features. I demoed OBJEQ Delay and I didn't buy it. Not enough options in the resonator - it all sounds to similar, no shuffling of modules possible and overall sound is mediocre. A distortion stage would be fine for input and/or output. Maybe OBJEQ Delay 2 ...
Yeah I wish the resonator had more options, but what it really lacks, in my opinion, is more modulation options. I think I might just be spoiled with Bloom and Sandman Pro, though. Having multiple parameters modulatable simultaneously, along with envelope generators, etc. would greatly improve it. The sound quality itself was fantastic.

So, for those that tried it (and know Ableton's Corpus), how similar is this to Corpus (if at all) ?
Can it be used to do stuff like this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQf0JiqFkY

This is interesting but I have Corpus so whether it is $99 more interesting I'm not sure - will wait for the usual AAS sale

Well, tried demo, looks really slightly expensive for such setting. Though i not argue, they (surface algos) sounds good, and whole device pretty light for cpu.
But what could be a good motivation for the current price, firstly it envelope follower as a mod. source, maybe more object algoritms, free pre\post placement for each section (modular-like), more filter types, even perhaps dual object section (each the same free placeable between all modules). Just thoughts.

EvilDragon wrote:
electro wrote:Who needs to get exotic synth sounds out of something like Pianoteq or Lounge Lizard, really?
Ah, but Pianoteq lends itself really well to that. So count me in for making some bizarre sounds in there :)
A feature I constantly use is the random button in Pianoteq. What you get is a plethora of keyboard-like sounds, but not really of this earth. They all have that organic quality, but are quite unique. So count me in for that, as well.

Hmmm...I can buy Canadian goods at the local dollar store,but with software,I have to be bled dry?This VST was available since March and is already on sale and has been so,for their summer sale...makes you wonder how much the price will dip,once AAS realizes how absurd their price is on this.
I have been using the demo and it has some amazing results...with whatever type of VST you are running through it...but...Objeq Delay is the same damn price as Ultra Analog.That said,I'll wait a few months when the price is reasonable. :roll:

It's not about the money...

sfxsound3 wrote:It's not about the money...
Speak for yourself...

AlesisVi61 wrote:I'll wait a few months when the price is reasonable. :roll:
Yes, I waited a few months and bought it on black friday. Interesting delay. Here are some explorations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiX27T82Uec

ariston wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
A feature I constantly use is the random button in Pianoteq. What you get is a plethora of keyboard-like sounds, but not really of this earth. They all have that organic quality, but are quite unique. So count me in for that, as well.
The only reproach i can have with pianoteq on that peculiar respect is that these parameters included in electric piano addons, apart from a few of them, are basically bounded to acoustic piano modeling (as being the main model of pianoteq)

And this isn't the case of LL's pallette of parameters ...globally more relevant !

anyway, if you'd like some pianoteq wanderings :

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/pianote ... /downloads

Shirley it's gotta be worth the $20 on sale at jrr for 24 hours only, right???

jbarish wrote:Shirley it's gotta be worth the $20 on sale at jrr for 24 hours only, right???
imho yes definitely, I paid 4x that :tu:

You're not Shirley, Stop nosing in on my question to Shirley!!
Weirdo....

Return to “Effects”