Infinite Soundscape Machine - 'Chordscape' Intro price

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Chordscape is an ambient infinite tape playback machine designed to create evolving modulated dark ambient soundscapes.

Chordscape contains 8GB of sound designed content derived from acoustic instruments, natural recordings, sound design, outboard effects and synthesizers. Each sound has been carefully created from scratch to fit the engine and philosophy of the library by our good friend Erick McNerney.

There are 4 sound sources, an inbuilt browser system, 4 dedicated sequencers and multiple assignable effects

The unique feature of Chordscape is that it is designed to emulate a tape machine in that you simply press play (rather than playing notes) and then create the movement by modulating and automating parameters as it plays. This gives incredibly unique evolving sounds that never stop!

https://soundcloud.com/kontakthub/sets/ ... udio-demos

13 SOUND CATEGORIES

With 4 sounds sources, each with 13 sound categories you could get lost in Chordsape for days. All sounds are accessible using the pop-up browser system and mixer settings are retained per sound.

EVOLVING MODULATION

Chordscape allows nearly every single control to be modulated over time.

With a dedicated pop-up modulation system with between 4 and 128 steps per conrol it is possible to create pulses, stepped sequences or long smooth progressions and adjust the speed individually for every control.

OVER 200 SNAPSHOTS

If you don't know how to use snapshots in Kontakt then you don't know what you are missing. They load quicker, can be organised better and shared easier than using a bunch of nkis.

Chordscape ships with over 200 in 5 different categories to get you started.

PURE AMBIANCE

Chordscape can be used in many different ways but it excels at creating infinite ambient soundscapes, pads and moving textures. Once you start Chordscape running it never stops, it will run forever and can be made to never repeat itself. For this reason Chordscape is truly in a league of it's own.

We've used it to generate chilled-out, spaced-out ambience for hours on end. We've gone to the shops and come back to find it still churning out never heard before sounds.

For a detailed impartial review check out the the review from Sample Library Review

Requires the full version of Kontakt 5.5 or above - currently 40% off until the 31st August

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8vhAfsCaPw
https://www.lootaudio.com
Kontakt Libraries, Plugins, Patches, Samples and Deals.

What I miss is the possibility to play existing tracks and follow existing notes/progressions.

Thats a pity cause I think it would really fit nice into a lot of existing songs as perfect moving/evolving ever changing background/athmosphere/ambience.

I heard that it might be possible but have found nothing really in the vids/user guide.

The sounds ARE great, but if you could use nothing else for a song cause all (in case of chords/progressions/notes/key/scale) is just random......

tatanka wrote:What I miss is the possibility to play existing tracks and follow existing notes/progressions.

Thats a pity cause I think it would really fit nice into a lot of existing songs as perfect moving/evolving ever changing background/athmosphere/ambience.

I heard that it might be possible but have found nothing really in the vids/user guide.

The sounds ARE great, but if you could use nothing else for a song cause all (in case of chords/progressions/notes/key/scale) is just random......
Hi. It does have transpose buttons so the sounds can be transposed to match a scale or pitch and the inbuilt sequencers can be snapped to scales too. However, yes the basic premise is to emulate a 4-track but with extreme modulation capabilities.

Hi kaneda,

is there any advice how thats supposed to work, what was your intention behind this just one octave key shifting/transpose buttons ? Only way I have found to use it right now ist to take the root note of my chords from the chordprogression and transpose the octave until it is the one chordscape use. And then to set all the used sequencers to the right scale (major/minor etc.). But to be honest, it is not very convincing so I really would be interested what your intension was while develloping it how to use this transpose buttons.

And as I have written in another thread where there was question about chordscape I find this big restriction really sad cause that means you cant really use it for making "normal" songs with other tracks and instruments, so the ABSOLUTELY GREAT sounds and idea behind this modulation, evolving thing in my mind is really kind of wasted in a way cause of this restrictions of playabillity.

And what makes it even worse: last devellopment Helios was such a marvellous thing in case of playabillity but - for my taste - just lacks the sounds chordscape now offers. But you cant even use them togehter really cause of restrictions in chordscape :cry: . Really hope in next releaze you will put this to marvellous things, which now each on his own seems kind of very reduced, togehter in ONE that really will rock evrything :D

Check our detailed response here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=489760#p6856327

Which I hope gives detailed explanation, and you can see Chordscape can do everything you ask here.
VST/AU Developer for Hire

Hi,

We listened to your feedback and we have introduced a number of new features and updates to our incredibly powerful and top-rated Chordscape instrument:

New in V1.1

1. Start/stop playback using a key-switch (either colored Red or Green) at the bottom of the virtual keyboard. MIDI note 31

2. The Mute key-switches have been assigned to key switches MIDI notes 24, 26, 28 & 29

3. The range of re-pitch keys has been greatly expanded to now cover 4 octaves

4. When using the sound browser Chordscape now immediately starts to play the selected sound, no longer waiting for you to close the browser. This way you can audition sounds whilst the sound browser is open.

5. Improved repitch engine.

6. Keyswitch assigned to the sequencer Start/Stop button.

7. Independent start/stop key switches for each sequencer track.

8. Sequencer presets now load from disk.

9. Additional 55 sequencer presets included.

7. 200 brand new snapshots! Now totals 421 snapshots!

Already own Chordscape?

You can download the update directly from your Kontakt Hub account. You can choose to just download the updated files or the whole package again.

This video goes through most of the new features and snapshots in Chordscape V1.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zYPn1nX5Lc

Just had a short try, this is unbelievable :o , all dreams come true :o

I have NEVER EVER seen such an update for such a new and innovative instrument, seems it is just exploded from an "unplayable" :hihi: ambient pad machine to kind of a whole dreamy pad ambient workstation with evrything including some marvellous leads :o .

And all playable as a "real" instrument :D and new sequencer presets and......

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

tatanka wrote:Just had a short try, this is unbelievable :o , all dreams come true :o

I have NEVER EVER seen such an update for such a new and innovative instrument, seems it is just exploded from an "unplayable" :hihi: ambient pad machine to kind of a whole dreamy pad ambient workstation with evrything including some marvellous leads :o .

And all playable as a "real" instrument :D and new sequencer presets and......

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
Wow! I'm glad we've managed to meet your expectations. Yes, I feel Chordscape really covers all the bases now. It's been a lot of fun working on it. Glad you like it!

One more idea/request if you ever again plan to do something again with chordscape. It is no real problem, just something to make it even more comfortable to work with when you - like me - try to "program" the behaviour of chordscape/included soundengines it in the piano roll instead of playing with a midi keyboard or just let it play by itself.

The problem is when I just "program" the start/stop of the whole maschine or the 4 soundengines in the piano roll with the dedicated notes they react on the play of the daw of course. So what happens: I hit play the first time, they (like intended) for example START the engine/soundengine. Now when I "rewind" in the daw and play AGAIN of course the same note STOPS the engine. No big problem with one track, but I used four track on my last song and then you begin to lose track of.

As I said, no big problem I solved it by just rendering one time to wave when evrything was right but I usually hate that (prefer to have evrything as miditracks only so that I can quickly change any settings).

That brings me to my idea/request: with start/stop of the engine or the soundengines I did not really in first place intend to start a specific sound but just to bring even more motion/randomness into that ambient background. So would it be possible to automate that by:

- adding kind of "random" button for turning the soundengines on/off (for example in the playmanagement)
- or, more specific and controllable, add a sequencer/ for turning on/off the soundengines

As I said, not urgent, just an idea for if there ever will be another update

tatanka wrote:One more idea/request if you ever again plan to do something again with chordscape. It is no real problem, just something to make it even more comfortable to work with when you - like me - try to "program" the behaviour of chordscape/included soundengines it in the piano roll instead of playing with a midi keyboard or just let it play by itself.

The problem is when I just "program" the start/stop of the whole maschine or the 4 soundengines in the piano roll with the dedicated notes they react on the play of the daw of course. So what happens: I hit play the first time, they (like intended) for example START the engine/soundengine. Now when I "rewind" in the daw and play AGAIN of course the same note STOPS the engine. No big problem with one track, but I used four track on my last song and then you begin to lose track of.

As I said, no big problem I solved it by just rendering one time to wave when evrything was right but I usually hate that (prefer to have evrything as miditracks only so that I can quickly change any settings).

That brings me to my idea/request: with start/stop of the engine or the soundengines I did not really in first place intend to start a specific sound but just to bring even more motion/randomness into that ambient background. So would it be possible to automate that by:

- adding kind of "random" button for turning the soundengines on/off (for example in the playmanagement)
- or, more specific and controllable, add a sequencer/ for turning on/off the soundengines

As I said, not urgent, just an idea for if there ever will be another update
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. We have some other releases in development at the moment but we do have tentative plans for another Chordscape update too including potential new snapshots so we'll add this to the roadmap of desired features. Regards

Can u load your own samples?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:Can u load your own samples?
Hi, yes you can and there's a couple of videos showing how to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8EeHvWPX1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P91eP8jLLA

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”